Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70710
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60378
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48447
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41550
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35924
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #46
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Pockets View Post
For those that would cover the tax break Amazon would get, they would get nothing in return.
Nobody was being asked to "cover" the tax break. This wasn't a zero-sum game.

According to New York's own estimates, Amazon would have generated $30 billion in new tax revenues over the next ten years without tax incentives and $27 billion with them. Either way, New York comes out WAY AHEAD.

You don't know your stuff! And neither does AOC!
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:21 AM   #47
goodman0422
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Remember her question for Cohen? She went from gibbering idiot to bank president...and back again. That question was written for her by someone.
I find it entertaining when she forgets her lines.
"All three...chambers of government" she completely forgot the judiciary. I saw a 13 year old laugh at that video.
Pretty sad when a 13 year old better understands our government than an elected representative.
goodman0422 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #48
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
FYI, New York has a state income tax ... plus property taxes ... plus sales taxes ... plus sin taxes, etc., etc., etc. AOC's ignorance cost New York big time.
Quote:
you think that employers take property tax out of your paycheck LOL!
Quote:
And while you are correct that employees would pay taxes. only the state tax portion would effect New York.
Ignorance is when someone quotes another and mentions things that were already discussed, as if they were bringing new factors in to the conversation. Then to confirm the "lack of knowledge" they ad other irrelevant factors "etc.,etc." into the debate.

Anyone that thinks this is all about AOC should read this article. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-lost-new-york

And this one. https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...york/23685677/

Since most folks have access to the internet now, the days of slandering folks who cross you is only effective on those that like to wallow in ignorance.

New York's approach to Amazon is no different than how it had treated other Corporations such as Walmart. If Amazon did not do their homework and see how it has been in the past, they are ignorant as well.
MT Pockets is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ignorance is when someone quotes another and mentions things that were already discussed, as if they were bringing new factors in to the conversation. Then to confirm the "lack of knowledge" they ad other irrelevant factors "etc.,etc." into the debate.

Anyone that thinks this is all about AOC should read this article. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-lost-new-york

And this one. https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...york/23685677/

Since most folks have access to the internet now, the days of slandering folks who cross you is only effective on those that like to wallow in ignorance.

New York's approach to Amazon is no different than how it had treated other Corporations such as Walmart. If Amazon did not do their homework and see how it has been in the past, they are ignorant as well.

Yours would be the ignorant posts. In neither of your cited posts do you identify state income taxes as distinct from state sales taxes.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #50
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Nobody was being asked to "cover" the tax break. This wasn't a zero-sum game.

According to New York's own estimates, Amazon would have generated $30 billion in new tax revenues over the next ten years without tax incentives and $27 billion with them. Either way, New York comes out WAY AHEAD.

You don't know your stuff! And neither does AOC!
30<27? That new conservative math is so confusing LOL.
Amazon needs to be treated just like every other Corporation has in New York

Can you say you was critical of De Blasio when he dealt with Walmart?
He was way more receptive to Amazon. They simply wanted too much and like I have said before his divorce was most likely a contributing factor.
The shareholders are worried. I think AOC was used as a scapegoat
Old 03-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #51
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:

Yours would be the ignorant posts. In neither of your cited posts do you identify state income taxes as distinct from state sales taxes.
I literally quoted in my reply to you. Pathetic. Unless you sell something there is no sales tax.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #52
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Typical IBH meltdown post. He’ll repeat the same thing over and over again with a word or two changed.

But we know that MTP.

Does it have anything to do with the ridiculous original post? Nope.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Typical IBH meltdown post. He’ll repeat the same thing over and over again with a word or two changed.

But we know that MTP.

Your post doesn’t have anything to do with the OP either. The bottomline is, NY is a high tax state.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips.../amp/L6HPAVqSF
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #54
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I literally quoted in my reply to you. Pathetic. Unless you sell something there is no sales tax.
You literally failed to make a distinction, and it's obvious that you ignorantly believe that "sales tax" and "income tax" are synonymous ... but they aren't.

Quote:

But we know that MTP.

Do a forum search with the search term "meltdown" and see who the fuck it is that is repeating their fucking self.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #55
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
30<27? That new conservative math is so confusing LOL.
Amazon needs to be treated just like every other Corporation has in New York
When doing math, it's critical to set up the equation properly.

30 billion was never on the table. Amazon wasn't coming to NYC without SOME tax concessions. They had too many other location options. So the choice was either 27 or 0. If New York didn't wish to woo Amazon with tax incentives, it could have said no thanks. Nobody held a gun to the head of their Sandinista Mayor or their philandering Governor.

IMO de Blasio and Cuomo probably did offer Amazon too sweet a deal. That may have been stupid - but what can you expect from a pair of dim-retard politicos who don't know the art of the deal? Still, once the deal was done, it was much, much, much stupider for left-wing whackos like you and AOC to harass Amazon and kill the goose that could have laid 27 billion eggs.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #56
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:

But we know that MTP.

I hoped he would be different with new rules but still the same old IB.
I figured out how he came about his handle. He likes to pretend to be part of the International Baccalaureate. They are the ones that pushed having an internationally acceptable university admissions qualification. Then they moved on to be the role model for Trump University. I will say this IB has an "internationally acceptable" ability to never stay on topic even on the rare chance he understands it.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #57
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
You literally failed to make a distinction, and it's obvious that you ignorantly believe that "sales tax" and "income tax" are synonymous ... but they aren't.

Do a forum search with the search term "meltdown" and see who the fuck it is that is repeating their fucking self.
Why do you bother posting ignorant stuff like that? I can not think of any conversation with you where you typed even one cognitive thought. Nobody was confused with my comments . Only you and your deranged outlook on the world.
There was no reason to make a distinction. The thread is about property tax. Maybe you missed that part, I am not surprised.
So tell me does your employer take sales tax out of you pay?
By the way I notice JW has not jumped on the voter fraud in North Carolina. Seems they are only concerned that a Dem may do it. LOL!
Old 03-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #58
MT Pockets
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
When doing math, it's critical to set up the equation properly.

30 billion was never on the table. Amazon wasn't coming to NYC without SOME tax concessions. They had too many other location options. So the choice was either 27 or 0. If New York didn't wish to woo Amazon with tax incentives, it could have said no thanks. Nobody held a gun to the head of their Sandinista Mayor or their philandering Governor.

IMO de Blasio and Cuomo probably did offer Amazon too sweet a deal. That may have been stupid - but what can you expect from a pair of dim-retard politicos who don't know the art of the deal? Still, once the deal was done, it was much, much, much stupider for left-wing whackos like you and AOC to harass Amazon and kill the goose that could have laid 27 billion eggs.
You just exposed your true feelings about this. You are blaming AOC even though she had nothing to do with making the deal, then you say the deal that was offered was too much . And then have the audacity to complain about it falling through. You are transparent dude.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #59
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I hoped he would be different with new rules but still the same old IB.
I figured out how he came about his handle. He likes to pretend to be part of the International Baccalaureate. They are the ones that pushed having an internationally acceptable university admissions qualification. Then they moved on to be the role model for Trump University. I will say this IB has an "internationally acceptable" ability to never stay on topic even on the rare chance he understands it.
What exactly about my posts about AOC and New York taxes wasn't on topic? You, on the other hand, cannot deal with reality.

Quote:
Why do you bother posting ignorant stuff like that? I can not think of any conversation with you where you typed even one cognitive thought. Nobody was confused with my comments . Only you and your deranged outlook on the world.
There was no reason to make a distinction. The thread is about property tax. Maybe you missed that part, I am not surprised.
So tell me does your employer take sales tax out of you pay?
By the way I notice JW has not jumped on the voter fraud in North Carolina. Seems they are only concerned that a Dem may do it. LOL!
The reality is that you have a fundamental problem understanding cognitive thought. AOC cost New York billions in tax revenue and denied hundreds of New Yorkers gainful employment because she is too fucking stupid to grasp fundamental economics. And the fact that AOC's mother voted with her feet to flee AOC's lib-retard notion of "fair taxation" as practiced in New York is icing on the proverbial cake. Here's laughing at you!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #60
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
You just exposed your true feelings about this. You are blaming AOC even though she had nothing to do with making the deal, then you say the deal that was offered was too much . And then have the audacity to complain about it falling through. You are transparent dude.
I most certainly CAN criticize both the deal makers and the deal scuttlers! Cuomo and deBlasio are weak. They gave away more than necessary to beat out dozens of other cities. But once the deal was struck, AOC and her band of left-wing twiddle-twats stupidly chased Amazon out of town before Bezos even had a chance to open his wallet and spend billions on a new headquarters. Fucking idiots.

Peggy Noonan lives in New York and can explain it all better than I can. Progressives know they fucked up when a conservative has to school them on how they SHOULD have played their hand!

Welcome to New York, Amazon—Now Go Home

Progressives put out the unwelcome mat, and city dwellers will pay the price for years to come.

By Peggy Noonan
Feb. 21, 2019 7:27 p.m. ET

A last word on Amazon and New York City. The story’s over but it doesn’t stop hurting. Twenty-five thousand jobs lost, maybe 40,000 when all is said and done, and of all kinds—high-tech, management, white-collar, blue. All the construction, and the signs and symbols of a coming affluence: the streets lit bright, the sidewalks busy, shops and restaurants humming, hiring. The feeling of safety you have when you pass doorways on the street at night and can hear laughter and conversation on the other side.

This is not just “a loss,” it is a whole lost world. And it is a watershed event for my town. After Amazon’s withdrawal no major American company will open a new headquarters here for at least a generation. No CEO is going to do what Jeff Bezos did, invest all that time and money, do all the planning, negotiating and deciding, only to see it collapse in bitter headlines because the politicians you’re making the deal with can’t control their own troops, and because in the end it is summoning a humiliation to do big business in a town whose political life is dominated by a wild and rising progressive left.

Should corporations, especially big, mega-rich ones, be given tax benefits for locating in a city or state? No, actually. They should come in simply as grateful and eager new citizens, especially in a place like New York, since there’s nothing like us. But that is not the world in which we live. In this world politicians are desperate to expand the tax base and brag about creating jobs. Companies can and do press every advantage. New York City and state offered Amazon almost $3 billion in future tax breaks. (Newark and New Jersey offered $7 billion; everyone’s desperate.) New York state said that over the next 25 years Amazon’s presence would yield $186 billion in positive economic impact, including $14 billion in additional tax payments. The progressives who dominate New York’s City Council charged those numbers came from consultants hired to support the deal. Fine, assume they doubled the actual benefits: That would mean $93 billion in positive economic impact, $7 billion in tax payments. Still a huge benefit to the people of New York, and a lifeline for a state experiencing, according to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, more than $2 billion in tax shortfalls because the rich keep moving out.

Jeff Bezos was the rich guy who wanted to move in.

Amazon was knocked because it wouldn’t promise to unionize. I favor private unions: A certain claimed equality, a certain balance between a huge company’s management and the working man or woman, is not the worst thing in the world. And people more than ever need to belong to something. If Amazon were unionized it would cost them, and, warm little humanitarians that they are, they would immediately pass the cost on to consumers. That cost increase might function as a little boost to neighborhood retailers. And we all want neighborhood stores to get a boost because they’re our neighbors. They talk to us; they are part of the community; they make life more human. But you can’t expect Amazon, which is a business, to walk in declaring: We’ll not only help you unionize, we’ll organize your first strike!

When Amazon withdrew, Mayor Bill de Blasio, in his embarrassment and fear, decided he’d bluff his way through with tough talk. Amazon ran because they couldn’t take the heat. “You have to be tough to make it in New York City.”

Oh you he-man, you stud. Those bland little Amazon drones are real softies. They work for the richest man in the world and their job is to make him richer and if they don’t, they’re fired. Half Mr. Bezos’ business plan involves selling things for a dime less. They’d strangle you for a nickel.

Here is the truth: New York’s progressives weren’t tough, they were weak. They don’t know how to play this game.

You want to be tough and mean, get what you want, and keep those jobs for your constituents? Here was the play:

You don’t unleash the furies and hold hearings where crowds jeer, hiss and chant “GTFO, Amazon has got to go.” You don’t put stickers on every lamp pole saying “Amazon crime.” You don’t insult and belittle their representatives. You don’t become Tweeting Trotsky.

You quietly vote yes, go to the groundbreaking, and welcome our new partner in prosperity. Then you wait. And as soon as the new headquarters is fully built and staffed, you shake them down like a boss.

You move on local issues—high rents, crowded subways. To help on unionization you get the next Democrat in the White House to sic the National Labor Relations Board. You go to your friends in the big New York papers and say, “Amazon’s cruel, the shifts are so long the elevator operators are peeing in bottles, Bezos dropped his wallet and when the receptionist picked it up it broke her back.”

And Mr. Bezos, whose life is changing, who by now is a prince of the city with the fanciest friends - he can’t stand being killed every day! Also it’s 2021 and he’s worth $250 billion, and he says, “What the hell, give them half of what they want.”

What’s he going to do, leave? The place has been built, billions have been spent.

That’s real left-wing hardball: You catch it, then you skin it.

They let their prey go. What second-rate slobs run this town.

Opponents came out early, hard and full of rage. Jimmy Van Bramer, the preening councilman whose district included Amazon’s site: “The mayor and the governor caved to the richest man on Earth and then handed the bill to each and every New Yorker.” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez didn’t wait a week after her election. Politico, Nov. 13: “She ripped the reported tax breaks the company will receive and described the local community’s reaction to the news as ‘outrage.’ ” Actually the community was for it; ideologues were against it. Amazon is rich, she said in a tweet: “The idea that it will receive hundreds of millions of dollars in tax breaks at a time when our subway is crumbling and our communities need MORE investment, not less, is extremely concerning for residents here.” Sometimes she seemed to think New York was literally handing Mr. Bezos a $3 billion check. Sometimes she seemed to know that wasn’t true but found it helpful to mislead. Like Mr. de Blasio she scrambled in apparent shock when Amazon backed out, and chose a triumphalist dodge. “Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon’s corporate greed.” No, everyday New Yorkers did not do it. They wanted the jobs. It was you, Fredo.

It would all be funny if it weren’t for that lost world. The 25,000 families getting a new paycheck, the mothers and fathers suddenly able to send their kids to the local Catholic school, the busy sidewalks, the lights. Instead, the books unbought in the store that didn’t open. The talent unhired and unmet.

Think of it that way and it breaks your heart. Really: breaks it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/welcome...me-11550795261

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women