Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41516
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35882
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #46
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Brings up a good question. Should candidates pander to our lowest values, or appeal to our better angels? Aren't they supposed to be leaders? To inspire excellence in the country?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #47
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Brings up a good question. Should candidates pander to our lowest values, or appeal to our better angels?
I'm guessing you don't see the irony in your saying that.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I'm guessing you don't see the irony in your saying that.

I came thiiiiiis close to making the same statement
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #49
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
Any democrats that support Allen West?
I read an article that states that democrat supporters are terrified of him and are spending millions of dollars to defeat West.

I'm thinking, they are not spending their money wisely.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #50
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

fellas, try living in the 1700 & 1800's, the negative slander was way worse than it is today. you had one candidate that called another candiate's wife a whore/a loose woman or something like that. it was that nasty.

what we got today is under-nasty.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #51
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

this is a battle between lukewarm (romney) vs bad (obama).

I'm not voting for romney. I don't think he will do what he has do to.

so prolly Obama will win, but I don't think it will be decisive some here think.

I'm betting that if either bad candidate wins, they won't get 51+%, but in likely in the high 40's.

this is bascially what happen to Clinton in the 2 elections he won in. He never got over 51% of the votes. He got something like between 45-48% of the popular vote.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #52
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Brings up a good question. Should candidates pander to our lowest values, or appeal to our better angels? Aren't they supposed to be leaders? To inspire excellence in the country?
You have to get elected to lead!

That is why you have to lie to most voters that know very little about politics. Both sides want something for nothing. So they wind up lying to get elected.

No matter who wins, half the country will be pissed.

I'm with IB, other than the SC Justices appointments, it really does not matter who wins but those matter in a big big way.

I still haven't figured out why Sandra Day retired when she did....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #53
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Your a lost soul; when you find a better form of political government, one that doesn't involve elections, candidates, political parties, etc., let us know.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #54
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

[QUOTE=WTF;3044297
I still haven't figured out why Sandra Day retired when she did....[/QUOTE]

Her husband was sick with something. I guess she wanted to spend more time with him.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You have to get elected to lead!

That is why you have to lie to most voters that know very little about politics. Both sides want something for nothing. So they wind up lying to get elected.

No matter who wins, half the country will be pissed.

I'm with IB, other than the SC Justices appointments, it really does not matter who wins but those matter in a big big way.

I still haven't figured out why Sandra Day retired when she did....
You know what you get when you vote for leaders who lie? Lying leaders.

I'm tired of that crap. A candidate says something, so you decide to vote for him/her, then it turns out they were lying. We are supposed to reward that with re-election? Obama's lies from 2008 are almost too numerous to count. He even had me fooled, I really thought he was going to be a different kind of President. In one respect, I was right. He has taken lying and corruption to whole new level. And I am very disappointed that actually believed a lot of the shit he promised: Transparency, cutting the deficit, restoring honor abroad, closing Gitmo, ending the wars. But they were all lies.

Even though Romney is horrible, I would vote for him over Obama for that reason alone. I won't reward Obama with a second term because he won his first one on false pretenses. Instead of being open and transparent like he promised, he is a liar and corrupt.

He can blame Bush for the economic mess (he's wrong, but he can do it), but he can't blame Bush for his own lies and corruption. Those are his alone, and they are wrong, even though Bush was a corrupt liar, too. Obama doesn't get a pass because his predecessor was nearly as bad as he is.

But I really can't vote for Romney either. He has tossed everything I value overboard. I suppose there is a slight chance that he will make better appointments to the SCOTUS, but the Democrats will filibuster anyone with any integrity, and Romney has shown no indication that he would appoint anyone who supports the Constitution. All we need is another John Roberts, who only wanted to be on the Court so he could go to the fanciest parties in DC. God, what a wasted appointment he turned out to be.

So, yeah. Regardless of the outcome, half the country will be pissed. However, the entire country will be screwed. The half that is happy about the election outcome will be surprised when they realize that is true.

So, they will both lie to get elected. Where does that leave the voter? We have to choose between two candidates who know they have to lie to us to get elected. How doe make a choice, when we can't believe what they say? How is it that we have backed ourselves into this corner where the only candidates that are "electable" are the ones we can't trust to keep their promises once in office? How the hell did we get here?

We have met the enemy, and he is us.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #56
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Yup, you're right. People like you are the enemy.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #57
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

COG, it is a shame you don't get it that Romney is serious about our debt/spending time bomb...that is what the Ryan pick is all about!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #58
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The Ryan pick was ideological and not driven by electoral vote counting; a good sign Romney is confident of their internal polling showing leads in the swing States!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #59
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
You know what you get when you vote for leaders who lie? Lying leaders.

I'm tired of that crap. A candidate says something, so you decide to vote for him/her, then it turns out they were lying. We are supposed to reward that with re-election? Obama's lies from 2008 are almost too numerous to count. He even had me fooled, I really thought he was going to be a different kind of President. In one respect, I was right. He has taken lying and corruption to whole new level. And I am very disappointed that actually believed a lot of the shit he promised: Transparency, cutting the deficit, restoring honor abroad, closing Gitmo, ending the wars. But they were all lies.

Even though Romney is horrible, I would vote for him over Obama for that reason alone. I won't reward Obama with a second term because he won his first one on false pretenses. Instead of being open and transparent like he promised, he is a liar and corrupt.

He can blame Bush for the economic mess (he's wrong, but he can do it), but he can't blame Bush for his own lies and corruption. Those are his alone, and they are wrong, even though Bush was a corrupt liar, too. Obama doesn't get a pass because his predecessor was nearly as bad as he is.

But I really can't vote for Romney either. He has tossed everything I value overboard. I suppose there is a slight chance that he will make better appointments to the SCOTUS, but the Democrats will filibuster anyone with any integrity, and Romney has shown no indication that he would appoint anyone who supports the Constitution. All we need is another John Roberts, who only wanted to be on the Court so he could go to the fanciest parties in DC. God, what a wasted appointment he turned out to be.

So, yeah. Regardless of the outcome, half the country will be pissed. However, the entire country will be screwed. The half that is happy about the election outcome will be surprised when they realize that is true.

So, they will both lie to get elected. Where does that leave the voter? We have to choose between two candidates who know they have to lie to us to get elected. How doe make a choice, when we can't believe what they say? How is it that we have backed ourselves into this corner where the only candidates that are "electable" are the ones we can't trust to keep their promises once in office? How the hell did we get here?

I agree with almost all of this. Where I have a problem is that, while Gary Johnson might be a good choice, most of what he would want will never get through congress. Romney and Ryan will not balance the budget as fast as necessary but if we send enough tea party republicans to Congress they will hopefully hold his feet to the fire. Congress is the most important factor here. We just need someone that will go along with spending cuts in the White House. You know Obama is not that person.

Voting for Johnson may make you feel good but it risks accomplishing anything. Obama is NOT Clinton. I do not see him trying to work with anyone he disagrees with. I wish we could get the republican Congress of the 90's and Clinton back.

The one thing I agree with most that you stated is that when this blows up in our face we have no one to blame but ourselves. The people voted for these idiots or they would not be there. If we quit voting for liars we would stop getting liars in office. It almost feels silly saying that after I advocated voting for the lesser liar of two liars.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #60
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
or they would not be there. If we quit voting for liars we would stop getting liars in office. It almost feels silly saying that after I advocated voting for the lesser liar of two liars.
I like that phrase Laz!

Lesser liar of two liars seems to be in the eye of the beholder!
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women