Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #46
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

TEXAS HEALTHCARE

waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #47
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I'm a third generation Texan, blow joe. And I am aghast that a state as "prosperous" and "independent" as mine ranks at the bottom of most every category in health care and education. However, we're right at the top of the list when it comes to teen pregnancy.

Are you actually dim enough to respond with "Texas, love it or leave it?" Well I'd love it a lot more if dimbulbs like you went back to the Ozarks ... or Bakersfield.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #48
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
TEXAS HEALTHCARE

I really don't know of any place in the US where healthcare is worse than Texas
Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
waverunner234
Valued Poster

The sad truth is that people who move to Texas are the losers.
They can't make it in a better state, so they move to Texas, welcomed by huge tax breaks because without them no one would ever move to Texas.

Time will tell!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hi COG

Believe it or not, we had a bit of rain 2 days ago, that never happens in July.
Summer is just starting here and contrary to Texas, it is very pleasant here in the summer.
I get the feeling you believe that Californians are responsible for their mild climate and Texans are to blame for our heat and humidity.

All the good things about California have nothing to do with the people. You didn't make the mountains, beaches and mild climate. The people of California have spent themselves in to bankruptsy with liberal policies and now, they're reaping the whirlwind. You better hope Governor Brown doesn't figure out a way to tax low humidity. You guys are pathetic losers.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #51
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I get the feeling you believe that Californians are responsible for their mild climate and Texans are to blame for our heat and humidity.

All the good things about California have nothing to do with the people. You didn't make the mountains, beaches and mild climate. The people of California have spent themselves in to bankruptsy with liberal policies and now, they're reaping the whirlwind. You guys are pathetic losers.
How about those health care rates?
What about people with no money for car insurance?
What about record numbers of people on minimum wage?
What about really bad education?
What about even worse health care?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #52
waverunner234
Valued Poster

I don't care who's the next president of the USA.
I'm just happy to know that it is NOT Rick Perry
Old 07-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #53
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I predicted awhile back that Perry would be the nominee and the President. Not because I liked Perry by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know when I've been happier to be wrong, even though people here like to make fun of me for being wrong. It makes me think they'd have been happier if I'd been right.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #54
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Doctors do vary. (So do providers.) Some are better informed than others, some not so much. (Review the recent chlamydia/gonorrhea case thread for a horrible example.)

Your home provider knew you well enough to know that discontinuing your cholesterol meds for a week would not put you in trouble. The podiatrist didn't. (And the podiatrist shouldn't be telling you to discontinue your cholesterol meds anyway: that is NOT his area of specialization.)
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #55
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
The sad truth is that people who move to Texas are the losers.
They can't make it in a better state, so they move to Texas, welcomed by huge tax breaks because without them no one would ever move to Texas.

Time will tell!
No the losers stay where they are, and live on welfare. The industrious people move to find work, because they don't want to parasite off the system. We welcome newcomers to Texas, who come here to work, even Californians. The orignal settlers left Europe to go to America for a better life. You probably think, they were just losers who couldn't make it in Europe.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #56
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Most of the original settlers where criminals, fleeing Europe to avoid the death penalty.

People don't move to Texas because they want it, their corporate office wants it, and they don't want to lose their job, that's the reason why people move to Texas

There is no other reason because there is nothing in Texas that really make people want to move there.
Every normal human being hates Perry, hates the cops in TX, hate the climate, hates the healthcare system, hates the education system.
I know lots of Californians in Texas do "home schooling" for their children. Why?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #57
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Then why are people moving from California to Texas?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensia View Post
Wave that's because our healthcare system is set up as a "fee for service" based system and not a "preventative, results" type system.
"Preventative, results" type system is what HMOs were supposed to be all about. Unfortunately, because HMOs have fixed subscription costs, as opposed to fee for service, there is HUGE pressure on their managers to contain costs, and the only way to do this is to cut back on services. There have been some HUGE scandals as a result. (One HMO lost a big one. They were denying their doctors permission to do certain expensive cancer-screening tests. The tests would either find cancer or not, meaning that doing the test might force the HMO to spend a lot of money treating the cancer. What would happen was that they'd deny the test until the other symptoms got bad enough. By that time, the cancer had progressed to the point that it was untreatable, the patient was walking dead, and the HMO saved a BUNDLE by not having to treat the patient. They got sued, and the story came out.)

I used to collect HMO horror stories, until I collected what would have been my very own PERSONAL one, if I'd been on the HMO plan at the time. (I wasn't nearly that stupid, and it saved my life.) I lost interest after that.

Quote:
There has been a steady decline in Doctors who really care about their patients and give sub par care these days.
I don't know where you live or how you pick your doctors, but I have not encountered this ANYWHERE at ANY time. I've met some doctors who were better than others, some who were absolutely outstanding, some who were at best reasonably competent. I've NEVER met one who didn't know what he was doing, in detail, and I've NEVER met one whose first and overriding concern was anything other than giving the patient the best care he could.
Quote:
I believe that the new health care law will make an attempt to rectify this.
I hopre you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.
Quote:
I agree with you, the new health care law is a step in the right direction and what we should be doing is working the kinks out and making it better. For once I would like to see these Medical Schools do a better job of training physicians and teach them about talking with their patients and giving them some real time and information that could help to prevent diseases and ailments.
A lot of this is dictated by the realities of the cost of doing business and the need to see a certain number of patients per day. If your fixed costs dominate, then spending more time per patient means seeing fewer patients per day and requires charging more per patient. This is high-school math, at worst.
Quote:
It just seems most of the doctors we have now want to make a quick buck and rack up insane charges for their time regardless of patients overall health or outcome. Have you noticed that if you have more than one issue going on with you that most doctors will tell you they can only do one appointment per issue now? They want you to come back for each separate ailment instead of addressing everything at once in one sitting/appointment. Its all to rake in cash off the patients.
Again, I've never encountered this, anywhere.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #59
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Most of the original settlers where criminals, fleeing Europe to avoid the death penalty.

People don't move to Texas because they want it, their corporate office wants it, and they don't want to lose their job, that's the reason why people move to Texas

There is no other reason because there is nothing in Texas that really make people want to move there.
Every normal human being hates Perry, hates the cops in TX, hate the climate, hates the healthcare system, hates the education system.
I know lots of Californians in Texas do "home schooling" for their children. Why?
Oh and the property tax is beyond everything else.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #60
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Then why are people moving from California to Texas?
Because their employers are lured with tax breaks

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women