Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70793
biomed163198
Yssup Rider60844
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48633
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42517
CryptKicker37215
The_Waco_Kid36942
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #46
shooter1a
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Elisabeth, pick up a copy of this month's Popular Science. This issue is discussed in a manner more understandable to the layman. These guys are talking a bit over everyone’s head. But they are doing it so eloquently.

Rakhir, Oshins and Rodram I would like to commend the same issue to the three of you. It evolves through four large articles in this months issue. While it is not focused on fracking it does give a rather interesting picture of the current status of the petroleum industry and how long we have to develop alternative energy sources.

Rakhir, I only hope that we don’t have to face the Lorenz butterfly effect to which chaos theory would lead. But you are right to bring up chaos theory and fracking in the same breath. We will probably shelve fracking until we know what the down side will be, after all someone might get hurt using this dangerous method. Following this logic Hoover Dam would be an abandoned project.
I already make my coffee with bottled water I don’t want to have to shower with it also.

Obviously we need other sources of energy and those are not on the horizon, a blade on a windmill might fall off and hurt someone or a bird could get hurt flying into the thing.

OK FOLKS WARNING THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INTENDED FOR EVERYONE. SPOLIER ……
IF YOU ARE UNDER 50 YEARS OF AGE DON’T READ THE FOLLOWING.

S

T

O

P

Reading

Here

We don’t have a problem with lack of resources we have a problem with overabundance of people using those resources. If we cannot increase the availability of resources we must decrease the number of people relying on those limited resources.

Dr. Strangelove.

If we lowered Earths population to roughly a quarter of a billion we would have plenty of petroleum to last into the next century.
shooter1a is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #47
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

shooter1a, in respects to your last statement; isn't the green energy initiative part of the solution? Or do you feel that green energy would not be a viable solution given the time frame of its measurable impact on our energy needs?

In the abstract, how do you feel about the defunding of Planned Parenthood?
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #48
lacanterra
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

I agree Johnrock... I too am in the OnG Industry and see this all the time.... if done correctly, there are no problems.

Hey by the way... ever been to Singapore, going there the end of the month for work... Damn the thought is killing me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrock View Post
I have personally been involved with hydraulic fracturing of tight gas reservoirs since the 1970's and of the hundreds of wells we stimulated, there has never been a hazardous leak or any environmental problem of any kind. It is safe and effective, though it requires a prudent operator to have properly set and cemented the well casing. Anyone who says differently has no idea of what they are talking about. Because of "fracing", there is an abundant supply of natural gas, at a reasonable price.
lacanterra is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #49
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodram View Post
In the abstract, how do you feel about the defunding of Planned Parenthood?
That would be a topic for another thread. Let's stay with the topic of this thread.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #50
oldtiger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
And I was SO hoping that "fracking" WAS a new sexual term that I hadn't heard before. Sigh. I so like those "f" words!

Elisabeth
I'm right there with you! I thought I was late to a Battlestar Galactica thread....
oldtiger is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #51
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Mokoa points out a possible OT question so allow me to clarify.

"In the abstract, how do you feel about the defunding of Planned Parenthood?" was in reference to this ending statement from shooter1a:

"We don’t have a problem with lack of resources we have a problem with overabundance of people using those resources. If we cannot increase the availability of resources we must decrease the number of people relying on those limited resources."

My Planned Parenthood question was an attempt to initiate a clarification from shooter1a about population control and was he going to make that case as a solution for our energy needs or was he using population control for its shock value to drive the urgency for a green energy solution.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #52
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

You are straying from the topic. If you want to discuss other topics then start another thread.

Now, I politely asked to stick to the topic of this thread.

I will not ask again.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #53
shooter1a
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Actually, Mokoa, we were on topic. Fracking is closely tied to Planned Parenthood and the Green solution. Rodram and I actually knew where we were going with this. I was introducing a third solution. One, I fear, closly tied to "The Final Solution."
For those following this thread I have opened it under the name Rodram and Others.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1411422#post1 411422
Please lets try to continue this great discussion and thanks to Rodram for opening it up. If you have not been following the thread, See Fracking in the San Antonio Sanbox.
Rodram, I see the defunding of Planned Parenthood and the increased reliance on The Green Solution as too little too late. Goodbye human race too bad you couldn't outlast the dinosaurs
shooter1a is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women