Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162445
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35768
Mojojo33117

Old 07-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #46
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I would like to hear the gun grabbers here (who would have believed that they existed on this board) tell me what laws they would like to have in place that would;
A. Not infringe on our rights and
B. Prevent what happened Friday morning
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #47
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Except for their isolationist foreign policy views, I am pretty much a Libertarian. Unfortunately, I don't think the Libertarian party can ever be the majority party, because they would end the redistribution of wealth, that the Democrats and Republicans both practice.

The sad truth is, that once you govern outside the Constitution, which we have been doing since FDR, the majority of the people will vote to loot the treasury. I vote Republican as a lesser of two evils choice.

Harry Browne, who ran for president twice on the Libertarian party ticket, once said that when you vote Republican instead of Democrat, you're just voting to go to Hell more slowly. Once the Constitution no longer limits the size and scope of the federal government, our only choice is between the fast lane to Hell or the slow lane.
Hell doesn't exist, it's just a fabrication of religious people to scare you.
If you die, you're dead, that's it. You no longer exist.
Religious people try to scape the world as they see it. Nonsense like you can't fuck until you're married. Bullshit!
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #48
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You're right, Doofie. Why would we want to disarm a population? Just think, had there been just one person in the theater with a concealed carry permit and a firearm, the attack could have ended much sooner, and with much less injury and loss of life.

I think we should use Switzerland as an example. Very little gun violence there. Why? Because everyone has a gun.

Unfortunately your conclusion that the lack of gun violence in Switzerland is due to how many people own guns is not supported by facts.

There is also very little gun violence in Japan, a country with VERY strict gun control laws. A country's demographics have more of an affect on gun violence than the number of guns owned by the people.

As written by Stephen Holbrook in "Guns, Crime, and the Swiss":

"The bottom line is one of attitude. Populations with training in civic virtue, though armed, generally do not experience sensational massacres or high crime rates. Switzerland fits this mold. But the United States does not. As H. Rap Brown declared in the 1960s, "Violence is as American as apple pie.""

As written by Kevin Sullivan in an article titled "An Armory in Gun-Shy Europe" in the Washington Post:

"According to Swiss police, there were 204 homicides in Switzerland in 2005, including 48 that involved guns. That is about the same number of gun-related killings as took place last year in England and Wales, which have strict gun control and a population seven times the size of Switzerland's.

According to a 25-nation survey by the International Action Network on Small Arms, a British-based organization against gun violence, Switzerland's total number of gun deaths, including accidents, in 2005 was 6.2 per 100,000 citizens, which was second only to the U.S. rate of 9.42 per 100,000. Switzerland's rate of gun deaths was more than double that of 18 of the countries surveyed, including neighbors Germany and Italy."
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Hell doesn't exist, it's just a fabrication of religious people to scare you.
If you die, you're dead, that's it. You no longer exist.
Religious people try to scape the world as they see it. Nonsense like you can't fuck until you're married. Bullshit!
It's a metaphor.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #50
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
It's a metaphor.
he knows no more that it doesnt exist than that it does
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #51
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I would like to hear the gun grabbers here (who would have believed that they existed on this board) tell me what laws they would like to have in place that would;
A. Not infringe on our rights and
B. Prevent what happened Friday morning
Very little could have been done to prevent the tragedy in Aurora, just as, IMHO, little could have been done at Ft. Hood, Columbine, or Virginia Tech to prevent those tragedies. It's so easy to say that stricter gun laws might have prevented the tragedy, or less strict gun laws (giving CHLs to younger individuals, for example) might have prevented the tragedy. Either opinion could be 100% correct in a given case, but we can only speculate.

FYI, I do not own a gun because I see no need for me to own a gun, but I fully support a person's decision to legally own and/or carry a gun.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #52
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
he knows no more that it doesnt exist than that it does
This is a complete thread hijack. Having said that, I have no idea if there's an afterlife or not, but I do believe there is a God. Assuming he's perfect, as most religions teach, then I think it follows, there is no Hell. Hell is essentially infinite punishment for finite sin; that can't be justice. If God is perfect, then he must be perfectly just.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #53
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is a complete thread hijack. Having said that, I have no idea if there's an afterlife or not, but I do believe there is a God. Assuming he's perfect, as most religions teach, then I think it follows, there is no Hell. Hell is essentially infinite punishment for finite sin; that can't be justice. If God is perfect, then he must be perfectly just.
look up the word justice sometime..it isnt mercy, it is "an equal application of the law"
Old 07-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #54
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ok, maybe it would be easier to understand if instead of saying "going to hell" we said "going to California" in an economic sense.

California really is hell, in a manner of speaking. It's beautiful, the weather is nice, but inside it is crumbling due to lies, greed and corruption, and will likely be the first state to declare bankruptcy.

California is a beautiful facade on a corrupt, miserable system. In short. Hell.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #55
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
look up the word justice sometime..it isnt mercy, it is "an equal application of the law"
The Bible requires an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This sets the standard, for proper punishment, that it should be based on the severity of the crime. The punishment should be proportionate to the crime, or sin. We don't give people the death penalty for littering. Eternal punishment (Hell) violates the principal of proportionality, and is consequently, not consistant with the concept of a perfect God.

This definition of justice (the first one that came up on a Google search, honest!) defines it as having the quality of righeousness and equitableness. It doesn't list "equal application of the law" as primary.

jus·tice
   /ˈdʒʌstɪs/ Show Spelled[juhs-tis] Show IPA
noun 1. the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/justice
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Bible requires an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This sets the standard for proper punishment being based on the severity of the crime. The punishment should be proportionate to the crime, or sin. We don't give people the death penalty for littering. Eternal punishment (Hell) violates the principal of proportionality, and is in my opinion, not consistant with the concept of a perfect God.

This definition of justice (the first one that came up on a Google search, honest!) defines it as having the quality of righeousness and equitableness. It doesn't list "equal application of the law" as primary.

jus·tice
   /ˈdʒʌstɪs/ Show Spelled[juhs-tis] Show IPA
noun 1. the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness: to uphold the justice of a cause.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/justice
what does the word equitable mean but equal?...equitable is "equal" but as my name goes...nevermind
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #57
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
what does the word equitable mean but equal?...equitable is "equal" but as my name goes...nevermind
I always thought equitable meant fair. I don't think it's fair to punish anyone for eternity, not even Doove, well ok maybe Doove.

equitable [ˈɛkwɪtəbəl]
adj 1. impartial or reasonable; fair; just an equitable decision

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equitable
Old 07-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #58
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
I always thought equitable meant fair. I don't think it's fair to punish anyone for eternity, not even Doove, well ok maybe Doove.

equitable [ˈɛkwɪtəbəl]
adj 1. impartial or reasonable; fair; just an equitable decision

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/equitable
legally "impartial" is an equal application of the law...you keep posting defnitions we will run out of words..as one word is defined by another and it begins to get circular...

justice means dispensing something that is "just", just means being fair, being fair means applying things equally...legally its an equal application of the law...its quite simple
Old 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #59
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The Bible also requires stoning disobedient children to death, as well as fornicators. I'm not sure we want to use Biblical standards for punishment. Just sayin'.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #60
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The Bible also requires stoning disobedient children to death, as well as fornicators. I'm not sure we want to use Biblical standards for punishment. Just sayin'.
My only point was regarding the valid concept of proportionality. For better or worse, our culture is Judeo-Christian and our system of justice is grounded in Biblical principals, one of which is that punishment be proportionate to the crime.

Justice is more than just equal application of the law. If we gave everyone the death penalty for littering and enforced it with perfect consistancy, it still wouldn't be just, because it isn't reasonable, fair or proportionate to the offense.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women