Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60663
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48591
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42315
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36735
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #46
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
It’s called federalism, the foundation of what the country was built on and the reason it’s been so successful in such a short time. Look it up if you don’t understand.
Just as I suspected, you can't answer the question. There's no logical reason that one citizen's vote for the federal government should hold more weight than another citizen's. I've asked this question to many far right folks, and not a single one has come up with an answer.

The immigrants that you and your ilk hate are the reason the country has been so successful. You and your ilk are trying to put an end to the success. Sewing seeds of division like I've never seen before. That's why the reasonable republicans are against you folks.

Quote:
Garland was blocked because he could be, democrats would’ve done the exact same thing if the situation was reversed.
Mitch was hypocritical. Your contention as to what modern day democrats might do is pure speculation, but the Democrat controlled senate did confirm Justice Kennedy in 1988. That's the most recent example we have. Once again you've been disingenuous.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:49 PM   #47
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Just as I suspected, you can't answer the question. There's no logical reason that one citizen's vote for the federal government should hold more weight than another citizen's.

Jacuzzme nailed the answer. It is clear that you are the one who can't answer the question nor do you understand federalism.

Try reading Federalist 62. James Madison and the framers knew a hell of a lot more than you do. But if you want to continue denying the very logical reasons why the Senate and House are constructed as they are, and looking silly in the process, be my guest.
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:06 PM   #48
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

I said earlier, he doesn’t really grasp the concept of The United States. The power of the federal government isn’t granted by the people, it’s granted by the states. Fact of the matter is, the people he’s suggesting are underrepresented are actually MASSIVELY over represented. If a million people want to live in a square block, that’s their problem.
Jacuzzme is online now   Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:22 AM   #49
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post

Jacuzzme nailed the answer. It is clear that you are the one who can't answer the question nor do you understand federalism.

Try reading Federalist 62. James Madison and the framers knew a hell of a lot more than you do. But if you want to continue denying the very logical reasons why the Senate and House are constructed as they are, and looking silly in the process, be my guest.
False. As I predicted, he used an appeal to tradition fallacy. That's a logical fallacy. That's not nailing the answer.

James Maddison was a slave owner. Do you believe that it's ok to enslave another human being based on the color of their skin? If yes, then you're a racist. If no, then you agree that Madison wasn't right about everything. You can spare me another appeal to tradition fallacy in an attempt to defend his slave ownership. There were plenty of abolitionists at the time.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #50
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
I said earlier, he doesn’t really grasp the concept of The United States. The power of the federal government isn’t granted by the people, it’s granted by the states. Fact of the matter is, the people he’s suggesting are underrepresented are actually MASSIVELY over represented. If a million people want to live in a square block, that’s their problem.
You can repeat the same appeal to tradition fallacy all you want, but that doesn't make it logical or morally right. Without appealing to tradition, why is it logical or morally right for one citizen's vote for the federal government, to hold more weight than another citizen's vote for the federal government, considering that the federal government presides over all of us?
Old 11-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #51
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

If you were honest about it, you would admit that you like it because it's weighted to your side. I don't want it to be weighted to my side. I just want the votes to have equal weight.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #52
tommy156
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Just as I suspected, you can't answer the question. There's no logical reason that one citizen's vote for the federal government should hold more weight than another citizen's. I've asked this question to many far right folks, and not a single one has come up with an answer.

The immigrants that you and your ilk hate are the reason the country has been so successful. You and your ilk are trying to put an end to the success. Sewing seeds of division like I've never seen before. That's why the reasonable republicans are against you folks.
Of course they can't answer the question - and wouldn't want to anyway. The electoral college made sense at one time, long ago. But nowadays, it's the only way Republicans can win Presidential elections - so of course they don't want it to go anywhere. They've only won the popular vote once in the past 35 years.

Immigrants are who made this country great in the first place (unless you're talking to a Native American, of course). We'd be nowhere without immigration.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #53
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
I enjoy the writings of people who, in the grand scheme of things, are nobodies, yet think they are wiser than the country’s founders.
And you can't engage the actual point I'm making, because you know the electoral college is the only way Republicans will ever win another presidency. Instead, you go after me personally, which is weird because you don't fucking know me. Stick to the topic and bring intelligent discourse, or STFU.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:43 AM   #54
tommy156
Premium Access

Quote:
If you were honest about it, you would admit that you like it because it's weighted to your side. I don't want it to be weighted to my side. I just want the votes to have equal weight.
Amen. But let's face it, they can't be honest about it. If they were, they'd have to admit they can't win a popular vote.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:06 PM   #55
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
And you can't engage the actual point I'm making, because you know the electoral college is the only way Republicans will ever win another presidency. Instead, you go after me personally, which is weird because you don't fucking know me. Stick to the topic and bring intelligent discourse, or STFU.
You poor thing. *sobs*

Except nobody went after you personally, although it certainly appears to have struck a nerve. Nobody here, including me, is, in the grand scheme of things, anybody. They won’t write about a bunch of whore mongers in a history book or name schools after them, it is what it is but you seem to be the only one crying about it. Get an emotional support Chihuahua if it bothers you so much.

Your (and the other guy’s) point, to the minor extent that there is one, is fucking retarded and nothing more than backwards thinking. A New Yorker or Los Angelean is NOT under represented in the federal government, they’re over represented. A beaver trapper from Toad Suck Arkansas is who’s under represented, your logic is 180 degrees out of phase with reality.

It’s obvious you want a direct democracy, because the structure of the government is unfavorable to leftist causes, but that’s never going to happen. The founders were smart enough to devise a system that prevents tyranny of a few small cities from ruling over the remaining 90% of the country. In fact, we’ve already bastardized that system by instituting state wide voting for Senators. This is a major departure from what was put in place by the founders, that further waters down representation in the VAST majority of the country and hands it to the very shitholes that were intended to be squelched. Of course, there were storms brewing in Europe in the early teens, and The US was straddled with a President only worsted by Carter and Biden, but that’s not really relevant to a 17th amendment discussion in this context.

I’d suggest getting your historical information somewhere other than Reddit or whoever else it is that puts these silly, unamerican beliefs in your head. Also, if you feel like you’re not properly represented by your community, move somewhere that you will be. That’s the beauty of the country. If you want to live amongst stoned purple haired trannies, you can. If you’d rather be somewhere more likely to use smoke signals than Twitter, you can do that too.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:29 PM   #56
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

That's funny that you typed all that out just to be wrong. Smarten up. Your bias is causing you to be intellectually dishonest.

Despite your illogical and condescending reddit BS comment, we're well aware of why they designed it, but it ends up working the opposite way. It creates the tyranny of the smaller group of citizens who are able to impose their will on the much larger group of citizens in all three branches of the Federal Government.

First we can look at the 2018 Senate Race. Americans were fed up with your nonsense, so 17.5 million more citizens voted for Democrat Senators than for Republican Senators. Yes, you read that right, 17.5 million more, yet the Republicans GAINED 2 Senators. That allows the smaller group to impose their legislation on the much larger group.

Then we can look at the EC, which has twice in the past 6 elections allowed the smaller group to impose their will in regards to the executive branch on the much larger group, which in turn allowed them to stack the other branch, the SC, thereby imposing their will through the judicial branch and doing things like overturn R v W against the will of the vast majority of American citizens.

I don't need to make shit up like the reddit BS and calling people un-American. I simply state the facts that no reasonable person can deny, while all you have is lies, condescending insults, and the way it was fallacies. You act like the founding fathers are infallible, and that their plan will be the best one for eternity.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:17 AM   #57
AmishGangster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

All this talk of tradition has given me an idea. Lets say that a person wants to vote, but refuses to go to a polling place because straight white men breathing intimidate them, they also refuse to show government issued ID because as all Democrats know minorities don’t know where the DMV is. In these cases I propose we allow them to vote if they can somehow prove its actually them and they are still alive and a US citizen, but only count their vote as 1/5 of a regular vote,

Now I know you are saying “NOT FAIR!” And I get it. Tradition says it should be 3/5 but times change and I think 1/5 is more appropriate in this case.

I realize it doesn’t completely solve the issue but it would make things more fair for those who want change.
AmishGangster is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 06:35 AM   #58
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

1 person. 1 vote.

That includes races where citizenship is required and non-citizen voting is permitted for certain state and local races.

Surprised no-one has tried to trumpet the American Idol or Dancing with the Stars voting models yet with how much parody is running wild here.

We know that cheating is wildly rampant there too thanks to all those Obama phones.
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #59
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Quote:
Despite your illogical and condescending reddit BS comment, we're well aware of why they designed it, but it ends up working the opposite way. It creates the tyranny of the smaller group of citizens who are able to impose their will on the much larger group of citizens in all three branches of the Federal Government.
You still don’t grasp that it’s not about citizens, it’s about the states. At this point, rehashing the reasons is pointless.

Quote:
First we can look at the 2018 Senate Race. Americans were fed up with your nonsense, so 17.5 million more citizens voted for Democrat Senators than for Republican Senators. Yes, you read that right, 17.5 million more, yet the Republicans GAINED 2 Senators. That allows the smaller group to impose their legislation on the much larger group.
Complete nonsense. Lies, damn lies, and statistics. Millions of people voting for a senator from California has absolutely no bearing at all on what happens in Nebraska.

Quote:
Then we can look at the EC, which has twice in the past 6 elections allowed the smaller group to impose their will in regards to the executive branch on the much larger group, which in turn allowed them to stack the other branch, the SC, thereby imposing their will through the judicial branch and doing things like overturn R v W against the will of the vast majority of American citizens.
Again, you push the nonsense that it’s the individual that matters when it is not.

Quote:
I don't need to make shit up like the reddit BS and calling people un-American. I simply state the facts that no reasonable person can deny, while all you have is lies, condescending insults, and the way it was fallacies. You act like the founding fathers are infallible, and that their plan will be the best one for eternity.
When you want to burn down the government infrastructure, and sovereignty of the state to serve its citizens, unamerican is an accurate description.
Old 11-27-2022, 08:54 AM   #60
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

I have not told a single lie here. Everything I've said is factual. You on the other hand keep repeating the same appeal to tradition fallacy.

The American citizens are what matters. That's what the politicians represent. There's no logical reason that the much smaller group should be able to impose their will on the much larger group. 17.5 million is a big difference. It was a double digit percentage difference.

Jacuzzme do you believe that it's right for humans to enslave other humans on the basis of race?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women