Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #46
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

How about Sen. Dick Durbin (D., Ill.) then

http://freebeacon.com/durbin-we-need...r-tax-revenue/

Quote:
DURBIN: We need to open our minds to other tax revenue. We’ve had conversations about an infrastructure fund that will really start America building again–for the highways, and airports, and dams–

CROWLEY: How do you fund that? It’s already funded by the federal gas tax, right? Do you want to raise the federal gas tax?

DURBIN: I believe we should have energy taxes that really fund infrastructure investment in America–

CROWLEY: On who? I’m sorry, who’s taxes would be raised?

DURBIN: Well, there’s a variety of ways to approach this Candy. We’ve talked about the gas tax–now’s not the moment to raise it, but it really is something we ought to consider in the future.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #47
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Then I'll trade you the toilet paper I wipe my ass with for an assignment of your SS benefits. Will you agree to that?
What would I do with my roll of toilet paper then?

Are you sure you want to make that deal?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #48
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Spin anyway you want it is a tax increase on every working stiff in the country.
There is, and the "delay" on another increase is only for 2 months. I just completed a spreadsheet to compute the withholding using the latest (Jan. 3rd) Notice to employers.

There is a comment in there that advises employers to go ahead and take out the increases by the end of the first quarter, and if the employer doesn't implement the increase in withholding effective this month (January) then the shortfall on the deduction has to be "made up" out of the employee's check in the quarter.

The folks in the 30,000 to 60,000 range will get about a 5% increase by the end of the 1st quarter. I suppose those are the "rich" people the current administration wanted to zap with a tax. 5% out of 60,000 is 3,000 less than they had last year. .. off the top.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #49
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Then I'll trade you the toilet paper I wipe my ass with for an assignment of your SS benefits. Will you agree to that?
From now on, let me "trade" for you, ok?

"Social Security Act Sec. 207. [42 U.S.C. 407] (a) The right of any person to any future payment under this title shall not be transferable or assignable, at law or in equity, and none of the moneys paid or payable or rights existing under this title shall be subject to execution, levy, attachment, garnishment, or other legal process, or to the operation of any bankruptcy or insolvency law."

Are you sure them are "Purdy's" and not "pretties" with a Southern drawl?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #50
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
There is, and the "delay" on another increase is only for 2 months. I just completed a spreadsheet to compute the withholding using the latest (Jan. 3rd) Notice to employers.

There is a comment in there that advises employers to go ahead and take out the increases by the end of the first quarter, and if the employer doesn't implement the increase in withholding effective this month (January) then the shortfall on the deduction has to be "made up" out of the employee's check in the quarter.

The folks in the 30,000 to 60,000 range will get about a 5% increase by the end of the 1st quarter. I suppose those are the "rich" people the current administration wanted to zap with a tax. 5% out of 60,000 is 3,000 less than they had last year. .. off the top.

works for me ... increasing ss payroll tax adds $ to the trust ... people shouldnt bitch if they have any intention of collecting ss checks later in life ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #51
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
works for me ... increasing ss payroll tax adds $ to the trust ... people shouldnt bitch if they have any intention of collecting ss checks later in life ..
I'm in agreement with you with the emphasis on "trust" ... if one works for a company that has a "retirement plan" for which one went to work based on that "benefit" and remained with the company for a sufficient period of time to "vest" in the benefits, which were matched by the company as consistent with the plan (or insert "union" for "company"), and it was discovered that the "administrators" of the plan were "loaning" money from the plan to the company/union in exchange for promissory notes, which the company/union was unable to repay because the "board members" of the company/union had been pissing off the money for their "pet projects" or for whatever reason ... then the company/union/plan administrator began to make noises about reducing benefits, no benefits, and increasing personal contributions to make up the "shortfall" ... things would begin to take on a somewhat different "tone" than .....

".. makes sense to me."

Things like prison, prosecution, restitution would creep in.

Think "Enron" ...

.... although I agree that was a somewhat different scenario ....having to do with stock in the company being sold or optioned to employees on a misrepresentation of its value.

We always have to keep in mind that social security was never intended to be a ...

.. "retirement plan" ... but that does not absolve Congress for raiding the fund.

A problem today in the discussion is so many people lump social security with "disability" and those are two distinct programs, and funds from social security are not to be used for "disability" ... the same as so many people get medicare and "medicaid" confused or used in the same sentence as though they were one and the same.

If Congress wants to fund a Federal "disability" program or a "medicaid" program then Congress needs to bite the political bullet and fund those programs without dipping into the social security and/or medicare TRUST FUNDS to finance them.

Again, like I said: The banker claiming he works for a $50 billion bank is bullshit ...

90% of the the time the desk he sits behind is rented, as well as the chair he sits in, the building is rented, the fault is leased, the bank has little, if any assets, and without "errors and omissions" or "general liability insurance" is judgment proof.

The "deposits" of the bank to make the "$50 billion bank" ARE OWED TO CUSTOMERS! That's not an ASSET.

Neither are the IOU's left behind by Congress "on the books" of the social security "trust fund"! It's just that, an IOU, purchased by an "investor" who can cash it in some day with interest.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women