Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #46
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Of course Man has some effect on climate
That's good to hear. I thought maybe you and others were on your way to the funny farm with remarks like:

To think that man can actually have an affect on the climate of the earth can only come from the minds of those that believe they are superior to others.

Reducing human CO2 production will have about as much effect on the climate as a rain dance.

Nobody denies that there are many influences other than man made, that is why it is so difficult to distimguish, but I understand the experts can identify the effect of man over and above all the other effects.

My position is clear - the science and modelling are very complex, there is great uncertainty, but it would be very foolish to assume that there is no effect and no danger. It would be equalliy foolish to think such a large number of eminent scientsts are under the influence of a global hoax, or are only doing it for research funding.

It is what is called the 'null hypothesis', difficult to demonstrate.

Nearly as foolish as to think one can have a sensible discussion on a sandbox full of fucktards and hooktards.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #47
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So, Essence, how much of our freedom should we turn over to government to save us from this "climate change" which they can't even agree on?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #48
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
That's good to hear. I thought maybe you and others were on your way to the funny farm with remarks like:

To think that man can actually have an affect on the climate of the earth can only come from the minds of those that believe they are superior to others.

Reducing human CO2 production will have about as much effect on the climate as a rain dance.

Nobody denies that there are many influences other than man made, that is why it is so difficult to distimguish, but I understand the experts can identify the effect of man over and above all the other effects.

My position is clear - the science and modelling are very complex, there is great uncertainty, but it would be very foolish to assume that there is no effect and no danger. It would be equalliy foolish to think such a large number of eminent scientsts are under the influence of a global hoax, or are only doing it for research funding.

It is what is called the 'null hypothesis', difficult to demonstrate.

Nearly as foolish as to think one can have a sensible discussion on a sandbox full of fucktards and hooktards.
If we were having this discussion in the nineteen seventies. You'd be saying it's foolish think that a "large number of emiment scientists" could be wrong about the coming ice age. Well, they were.

If the science is so conclusive, why do they keep falsifying data?

joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #49
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
If we were having this discussion in the nineteen seventies. You'd be saying it's foolish think that a "large number of emiment scientists" could be wrong about the coming ice age. Well, they were.

If the science is so conclusive, why do they keep falsifying data?

It is exactly the point you made above. Some things, like the mini ice age, are due to external factors. Then you add on the man made factors, and it influences.

Any predictions have a wide range of uncertainty. Doesn;t mean you can ignore them.

It's something like - the mini ice age would have been much worse if there hadn't been man made influences having a warming effect.

Geddit?

The problem with the non scientists is they all think it is all or nothing. They can;t deal with complexity.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #50
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
So, Essence, how much of our freedom should we turn over to government to save us from this "terrorism" which they can't even agree on?
Does that help?

Your idea of total personal freedom for all is a fantasy. We all have individual and collective responsibilities. Some things cannot be dealt with on a personal level.

Exactly how much of your personal freedom has been eroded by funding scientists to investigate the effect on climate of human activities? Not a lot, I would guess.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Now you're lying about me. I have never said I support total personal freedom. That would be anarchy. I don't support that. But instead of answering the question, you make stuff up about me. Typical. Why not just answer the question?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #52
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
It is exactly the point you made above. Some things, like the mini ice age, are due to external factors. Then you add on the man made factors, and it influences.

Any predictions have a wide range of uncertainty. Doesn;t mean you can ignore them.

It's something like - the mini ice age would have been much worse if there hadn't been man made influences having a warming effect.

Geddit?

The problem with the non scientists is they all think it is all or nothing. They can;t deal with complexity.
The main problem with the concern over global warming is that we're doing real harm to our economy based on science that is inconclusive. It makes no sense to do certain damage in exchange for uncertain benefit.

I get the feeling the sacrifices we're making to reduce CO2 emissions are similar to what ancient civilizations used to do to insure bountiful crops: human sacrifice. I think the loony left is trying to appease Gaia.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #53
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Please tell me the gold standard of global warming evidence. That one thing that removes all doubt. Something that has not happened before and can only be explained by humanity.

For the sake of argument lets say that global warming is true. Is it a bad thing for the world and humanity? Historically going back thousands of years man has done better when the climate warmed (yes, it has warmed before). Bjorn Lumborg is an internationally recognized author on global warming and economics. He believes in global warming but has written that it is more cost effective to survive global warming than to try to stop it which he says we don't have the money to do.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #54
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
The main problem with the concern over global warming is that we're doing real harm to our economy based on science that is inconclusive. It makes no sense to do certain damage in exchange for uncertain benefit.

I get the feeling the sacrifices we're making to reduce CO2 emissions are similar to what ancient civilizations used to do to insure bountiful crops: human sacrifice. I think the loony left is trying to appease Gaia.
If you are saying it's a balance of probabilities about uncertainty, I agree 1000%

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women