Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70762
biomed163017
Yssup Rider60654
gman4453276
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48588
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42279
CryptKicker37201
The_Waco_Kid36734
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-21-2023, 10:27 PM   #46
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... But I'm gonna step in and say that perhaps Charley3
has himself a valid concern... Shouldn't he be able
to hire whomever he wants??

Let's surely hold up fer half-a-mo...

Let's not act like there aint A LOT of worker DISCRIMINATION
that has little to do with actual race. ... Lemme point out some:

... Big fat bloke - shows up to do the stocking at Wal-marts,
and they don't wanna hire him...

... Does a flat-chested olde crone get hired-on at Hooter's??

Will a savings bank hire-on a fellow just released from prison.

... After-hours club looking for a cocktail WAITRESS.

... Age discrimination in a "fast-paced factory"...

... I can surely keep going - but you mates understand me point.

.... Maybe Charley3 is just like most other business owners.
Just sayin'

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:41 PM   #47
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Encounters: 9

He can hire who he wants to. If he doesn't hire an AA because they're AA they have that old Aussie option available...

How does it go again?

Something about Auntie SUE and her bastard kid?
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:48 PM   #48
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... But I'm gonna step in and say that perhaps Charley3
has himself a valid concern... Shouldn't he be able
to hire whomever he wants??

Let's surely hold up fer half-a-mo...

Let's not act like there aint A LOT of worker DISCRIMINATION
that has little to do with actual race. ... Lemme point out some:

... Big fat bloke - shows up to do the stocking at Wal-marts,
and they don't wanna hire him...

... Does a flat-chested olde crone get hired-on at Hooter's??

Will a savings bank hire-on a fellow just released from prison.

... After-hours club looking for a cocktail WAITRESS.

... Age discrimination in a "fast-paced factory"...

... I can surely keep going - but you mates understand me point.

.... Maybe Charley3 is just like most other business owners.
Just sayin'

#### Salty
Salty has it right. And I rarely agree with Charlie3 but people make hiring decisions in every industry based on a variety of factors

They may be made subconsciously or overtly but they are made. And anyone who has ever hired someone is a liar if they say otherwise.

Whether it is someone's appearance, age, race, background, the list goes on and on. An employer or hiring manager has to take in a variety of factors and make the best decision for their company

Most people won't come out and admit it outright like Charlie3 - but these things happen all the time subconsciously (and again I am not just talking about race but rather a whole host of things). I suspect Charlie3 admits it here because of the anonymity. But I bet he doesn't publicize his policy in real life
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 06:57 AM   #49
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

I respect Salty and B2 for offering honest opinions instead of “woke” garbage. The wokeness going on today has done nothing but hurt the AA community.
I once hired a new office mgr. She’s white but married to a black guy. She was filtering thru the other applicants. I write notes on their resume during the interview. I simply wrote “black girl” on one. Just to keep them clear in my head. When she saw this she went off. Caused all kind of drama for a few days. If I had written “red head” or “Spanish girl” or whatever….I don’t have a problem.
I want to see the AA community do better. Get people off welfare and help pay taxes. But I won’t allow this kind of garbage to hurt my business. It’s a shame but anyone with a brain knows this is the reality that can’t be discussed or changed in todays woke America.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:00 AM   #50
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

I'm trying to figure out if you're serious or just parodying Michael Scott.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:07 AM   #51
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Charlie3 would only ever admit this anonymously, because if he admitted it publicly using his real name, he'd be admitting to breaking the law. Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race. Sadly we still have too many people like him. This is why I don't have a problem with certain affirmative action programs. The deck is stacked against black people by the Charlie3 types. These types are able to get away with it by not admitting it publicly, so those programs at least attempt to balance that out.

Sadly, I don't know if that civil rights act would even pass in today's climate. I don't think Cult 45 has enough power to win the Presidency again, but they probably still have enough to stop something like that from passing.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:11 AM   #52
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Companies <15 employees are exempt from Title VII. And federal AA programs wouldn't apply to a company of that size either.

PA's comparable EEO rules apply to companies with 4+ employees.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:12 AM   #53
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I respect Salty and B2 for offering honest opinions instead of “woke” garbage. The wokeness going on today has done nothing but hurt the AA community.
I once hired a new office mgr. She’s white but married to a black guy. She was filtering thru the other applicants. I write notes on their resume during the interview. I simply wrote “black girl” on one. Just to keep them clear in my head. When she saw this she went off. Caused all kind of drama for a few days. If I had written “red head” or “Spanish girl” or whatever….I don’t have a problem.
I want to see the AA community do better. Get people off welfare and help pay taxes. But I won’t allow this kind of garbage to hurt my business. It’s a shame but anyone with a brain knows this is the reality that can’t be discussed or changed in todays woke America.
My honest opinion is that racial discrimination in hiring is wrong. It's a form of ______. I've been against that since I first learned about it as a youngster. Nothing to do with "woke garbage." Being against that kind of stuff is simply the right way to be. How exactly does opposing discrimination on the basis of race hurt the "AA" community? That doesn't make any sense.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:23 AM   #54
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

HDG, according to the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, the requirement is only 4 employees here.

Either way, I don't suspect that he would admit it under his real name.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:59 AM   #55
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Charlie3 would only ever admit this anonymously, because if he admitted it publicly using his real name, he'd be admitting to breaking the law. Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring on the basis of race. Sadly we still have too many people like him. This is why I don't have a problem with certain affirmative action programs. The deck is stacked against black people by the Charlie3 types. These types are able to get away with it by not admitting it publicly, so those programs at least attempt to balance that out.

Sadly, I don't know if that civil rights act would even pass in today's climate. I don't think Cult 45 has enough power to win the Presidency again, but they probably still have enough to stop something like that from passing.
C3 hates Trump. He’s not a 45 cult member that you speak of.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #56
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post

Of course I wouldn’t admit this publicly. My business would be over. I’m just putting it out there what woke America has done to the black community. Things are worse, in my opinion, for the black community because of the new woke BS. It won’t be in the papers but I play golf with other businessmen and trust me, I’m far from alone.
I would love to see the day where I can completely relax in the company of ALL African Americans and not feel like one stupid comment is going to cause me a ton of problems. I would also love to see AAs be on equal footing with all the rest of the minorities in this country. Cancelling people or businesses over a perceived insensitive remark is doing the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.
That’s all I’m saying.
Charley3 is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:51 AM   #57
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Another problem for employers is this generation...... they feel privileged and do not have the drive to work as well as earlier generations did, not to mention the bull crap they cause. Get too close to them when talking and you are invading "their space"
Touch a female on the shoulder and get accused of sexual harassment

Not all of this generation is like this but a majority are from my experience
chizzy is offline   Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 09:11 AM   #58
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
C3 hates Trump. He’s not a 45 cult member that you speak of.
I'm well aware of that. That was a completely different paragraph that didn't address him at all.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:15 AM   #59
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Of course I wouldn’t admit this publicly. My business would be over. I’m just putting it out there what woke America has done to the black community. Things are worse, in my opinion, for the black community because of the new woke BS. It won’t be in the papers but I play golf with other businessmen and trust me, I’m far from alone.
I would love to see the day where I can completely relax in the company of ALL African Americans and not feel like one stupid comment is going to cause me a ton of problems. I would also love to see AAs be on equal footing with all the rest of the minorities in this country. Cancelling people or businesses over a perceived insensitive remark is doing the opposite of what they are trying to accomplish.
That’s all I’m saying.
Business owners who refuse to hire black folks do a lot more damage than any "wokeness." I'm well aware that there are a lot of business owners like you who refuse to hire black people. If it were only you, I wouldn't feel the need to vehemently oppose it.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:23 AM   #60
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

I know a lot of incredibly successful black people. I would hire them in a second.
bambino is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women