Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70753
biomed162906
Yssup Rider60565
gman4453256
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48531
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42084
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36440
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #46
adi
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You don't want "big brother" controlling intersections?

What's one in a million?

Idiots accelerating to run red lights?

I hate to break it to you, but the cameras were not set up to spy on you, nor were the ones on the toll roads. They were set up because people either are too ignorant of the laws regulating traffic or they simply are so self-centered that they believe that "the laws" apply to everyone else but them. And that is just the folks who are driving sober.

Never have seen more people advocating or excusing running red lights....in writing no less. Some funny stuff.

Here's #2 "in a million"...

In that one the pedestrian was not as fortunate. Remember?

So your saying the cameras have helped us be better drivers ? We must have been crazy drivers before the cameras and now everything is fixed !!!! I hate light runners ,but the camera dont stop them running a light , its all about the money!!!
adi is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 AM   #47
adi
Gaining Momentum

They were racing to a fire right ? Thats who i want to resond when my house is on fire !
adi is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #48
chess9718
BANNED

Encounters: 10

Well...the city is the one that sued...and then they are very disappointed at a ruling that went in their favor? give me a break...you would think if they were worried about the red light company, then the red light company would sue, but no, they were worried about losing the 80million they expect to collect from it every year, so what the city is saying is that if we do not protest a law within 30 days, it can never be overturned? what kind of rule is that? so if an ordinance is illegal, and is in place longer than 30 days, we cannot change it? that is the crappiest law i ever heard of. So if we assume that, it means that our democracy in Houston only lasts for 30 days after a law has been made and after that the peoples right to speak through the ballot is gone? my oh my, we need to recall this judge and show him who is in charge, and while we are at it, someone tell me why we elected a mayor who is in league with the business people and not the people who elected her...
chess9718 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #49
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi View Post
I hate light runners ,but the camera dont stop them running a light , its all about the money!!!
I agree that the cameras do not stop folks from running lights.

Fines, court costs, higher insurance premiums, and jail do.

So the city has a choice: a 24/7 camera or 24/7 officers.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #50
Playthefield
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

That is not true. If the law had violated any of our constitutional rights then regardless of how long that law is in effect it would have been over ruled in a court of law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chess9718 View Post
Well...the city is the one that sued...and then they are very disappointed at a ruling that went in their favor? give me a break...you would think if they were worried about the red light company, then the red light company would sue, but no, they were worried about losing the 80million they expect to collect from it every year, so what the city is saying is that if we do not protest a law within 30 days, it can never be overturned? what kind of rule is that? so if an ordinance is illegal, and is in place longer than 30 days, we cannot change it? that is the crappiest law i ever heard of. So if we assume that, it means that our democracy in Houston only lasts for 30 days after a law has been made and after that the peoples right to speak through the ballot is gone? my oh my, we need to recall this judge and show him who is in charge, and while we are at it, someone tell me why we elected a mayor who is in league with the business people and not the people who elected her...
Playthefield is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:46 AM   #51
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthefield View Post
That is not true.
http://www.thenewspaper.com/rlc/docs/2011/tx-houstonats.pdf

“5. Conclusion.
The proposition repealed an ordinance. Although the petitioners and city call it a charter amendment, it is a referendum. Its whole process was years outside the time that the rules of the city allow under these circumstances.”

and also from the opinion

“Abraham Lincoln once asked:

If Congress said that a goat's tail was a leg, how many legs would a goat have? Four. Calling a tail a leg does not make it so.”

One thing about "legal technicalities" that most folks forget is that today it allows someone to "walk" who the folks believe ought not to have "walked," but tomorrow it allows those same folks to "walk" when they believe they should. The application and interpretation of laws ought not to be based upon political preferences and/or affiliations, and if you read the Judge's opinion as a whole that is the Judge's basis for the opinion.

BTW: Good luck with "recalling" a Federal Judge.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #52
Playthefield
Lifetime Premium Access

I'm referring to chess9718 stating "so if an ordinance is illegal, and is in place longer than 30 days, we cannot change it?"
Old 07-16-2011, 07:27 AM   #53
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I'm referring to chess9718 stating "so if an ordinance is illegal, and is in place longer than 30 days, we cannot change it?"
And I was not taking issue with your assessment in the least. In fact a fair reading of the Federal Judge's opinion is consistent with your opinion.

I am pointing out to others who wish to get their "information" from news-media hype ... that reading the actual opinion(s) of the Judge sheds light on the issue .. if you will pardon the pun.

For instance ... the City was apparently supporting the citizens' vote...and agreeing with the citizens who opposed the lights ... because of their vote.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #54
Playthefield
Lifetime Premium Access

Ahh my apologies.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #55
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

This is insane. The people don't want the red light cameras, and have spoken with their votes. The City is siding with the voters, but the judge says we have to have them because of a, "technicality". I say BULLSHIT.

LS
LittleSpike is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #56
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpike View Post
..... but the judge says we have to have them because of a, "technicality".
There are some who view the 4th Amendment as a "technicality" ...

Constitutional requirements are not technicality and

.... neither are statutory requirements.

"The charter, like a constitution, structures the government; ordinances, like statutes, make policy choices for their operation. Charters create officers, specify election or appointment, prohibit types and levels of taxation, and similar elemental things. Ordinances set speed limits, reorganize departments, appropriate, and similar managerial things. Although this distinction may blur at the edge, charters and ordinances are different and must be distinguishable. The rules of Texas and Houston call for them to be treated differently."

What the Judge said.

The opponents of the cameras ought to have complained 6 or 7 years ago, before the city entered into a contract and committed itself to pay money for the cameras. Having failed to act timely, like most other things in life, they are not able to do so today. They only have themselves to blame ... not the City, not the cameras, not the Judge. Just themselves.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #57
Playthefield
Lifetime Premium Access

Is it just me or does the ruling seem to have a sympathetic tone to it?
Old 07-17-2011, 01:13 AM   #58
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Is it just me or does the ruling seem to have a sympathetic tone to it?
"This decision is not about wisdom or preferences." In the opinion.

I would say no.

It's about following the rules.

And the same group of people who want to ignore the "rules of the City" want to ignore the "rules of the road"! Because if one follows both then there would be no cameras OR there would be no reason to be concerned about them in the first place OR even a need for them.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #59
sofiaofhouston
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7365
Encounters: 1

You all are doing this all wrong. Get Satin to drive you where you want to go and he gets the ticket. Or get a hire car.....CAR SERVICE!!!

That is why I drive in countries whre I can pay my way straight away no ticket or anything. Or import a car with crazy plates, they don't pick on them as much. They can't read the plates!!!
sofiaofhouston is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #60
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
There are some who view the 4th Amendment as a "technicality" ...

Constitutional requirements are not technicality and

.... neither are statutory requirements.

"The charter, like a constitution, structures the government; ordinances, like statutes, make policy choices for their operation. Charters create officers, specify election or appointment, prohibit types and levels of taxation, and similar elemental things. Ordinances set speed limits, reorganize departments, appropriate, and similar managerial things. Although this distinction may blur at the edge, charters and ordinances are different and must be distinguishable. The rules of Texas and Houston call for them to be treated differently."

What the Judge said.

The opponents of the cameras ought to have complained 6 or 7 years ago, before the city entered into a contract and committed itself to pay money for the cameras. Having failed to act timely, like most other things in life, they are not able to do so today. They only have themselves to blame ... not the City, not the cameras, not the Judge. Just themselves.
When does the contract end ? Will it be renewed without citizen input ?

Will we re-elect the dummies who put this in place ?

LS
LittleSpike is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women