Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60623
gman4453269
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48566
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42222
CryptKicker37193
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #46
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Are you saying the Trumpster can't think on his feet?
No, that is not what I said but as a serviceman I am kind of at a loss when someone thanks me for my service. Imagine if someone gave you their Purple Heart.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #47
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
No, that is not what I said but as a serviceman I am kind of at a loss when someone thanks me for my service. Imagine if someone gave you their Purple Heart.
It depends on the era from which one comes. There was a period of time when being a servicemember was not something to publicly display or announce, unless one was willing to accept the ridicule and ugly unnecessary remarks. I was hoping those days were past, but they are actually not.... the police are getting it now! The irony is that many police are vets!!!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #48
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

I remember those days clearly. I was advised by my superiors to NOT wear my uniform on the plane.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:25 PM   #49
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
It depends on the era from which one comes. There was a period of time when being a servicemember was not something to publicly display or announce, unless one was willing to accept the ridicule and ugly unnecessary remarks. I was hoping those days were past, but they are actually not.... the police are getting it now! The irony is that many police are vets!!!
The post Tet Offensive phase of the Vietnam era was when the honor of serving became, in many eyes, a social liability.

I never got spit on, or cursed, or called a baby killer. But many did.

One of my fonder memories of my service was when I got out. I ETSed out of Ft Dix NJ, and flew into Hobby airport in Houston. I was in my dress greens, with my duffle bag over my shoulder. I past a group of Boy Scouts, all in uniform, who were at the airport for some reason.

When I walked by, they all stood at attention and saluted.

That gesture made me forget about a lot of the bad shit I had been through.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #50
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
The post Tet Offensive phase of the Vietnam era was when the honor of serving became, in many eyes, a social liability.

I never got spit on, or cursed, or called a baby killer. But many did.

One of my fonder memories of my service was when I got out. I ETSed out of Ft Dix NJ, and flew into Hobby airport in Houston. I was in my dress greens, with my duffle bag over my shoulder. I past a group of Boy Scouts, all in uniform, who were at the airport for some reason.

When I walked by, they all stood at attention and saluted.

That gesture made me forget about a lot of the bad shit I had been through.

But
Here, Here, It is the small things that count.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #51
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Wrong. Doesn't sound like it as of yesterday:

www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/politics/isis-congress/

Although Afghanistan might not be the threat it once was, hence your "not the whole truth" comment, lol.

You're not SERIOUSLY saying Trump knows more than the generals...are you?
The civilian government calls the shots, this is not a junta.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #52
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Playboy View Post
Barring the release of videos of both Hillary and Trump gleefully clubbing baby seals, Gary Johnson isn't going to win in November.

However, the rationale for voting for Gary Johnson is as follows:

1) We need a viable small-government alternative, and the Libertarian Party is the best hope for it. The Republicans have proven that they are also a big government party, just in different ways than the Democrats.
2) While the Libertarian Party cannot win in 2016, by gaining votes now it can eventually surpass the Republicans -- perhaps in two or three more election cycles (but maybe in this cycle if Trump continues to destroy the GOP from within) -- as the best alternative to the quasi-Marxist Democrat Party. Just as the GOP needed more than one election cycle to replace the Whigs, the Libertarians will need more than one election cycle to replace the Republicans.
3) While Hillary is a quasi-Marxist, Trump is a quasi-Fascist, and to a Libertarian neither is a good result. If Hillary wins she will (likely) be impeded by a Republican Congress and her low favorability rating means she will probably be a one-term president.
4) The country can recover from a generation of activist Supreme Court, it recovered from FDR. It will be a bad 10 or 20 years of course. Hopefully the conservatives on the court can outlive Hillary's administration or a Republican Senate can check her activist nominations.
5) The country cannot survive a moronic quasi-Fascist Trump whose thin skin and authoritarian impulses could cost us more allies, get us into wars, impose on civil liberties, etc.
6) I live in Texas and it won't be all that close here anyway (if Trump doesn't win Texas easily, he will lose at least 40-45 states).

I have voted Republican since Reagan in 1980. But Trump is no Republican, he is certainly no Reagan, and to be blunt, he's about the biggest pr!c# in the country. I don't trust him to be our CINC.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson no matter how many people tell me I'm wasting my vote. I'm trying to give my children and grandchildren a libertarian option in their lifetimes. We all know the next 20 years are going to be awful, hopefully our kids will do a better job with this country than we have.
Sir,

One of the best posts in the political forum in a long time.

The only think I will add (or take issue with) is that a Clinton landslide may well give her a Dem congress and then there is no check on her vileness.

But if Trump does pull off a miracle and win he is unlikely to get enthusiastic or blind support no matter what the make-up of Congress.

Damn, that's pretty sad when it is the best we can hope for in November.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #53
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Playboy View Post
Barring the release of videos of both Hillary and Trump gleefully clubbing baby seals, Gary Johnson isn't going to win in November.

However, the rationale for voting for Gary Johnson is as follows:

1) We need a viable small-government alternative, and the Libertarian Party is the best hope for it. The Republicans have proven that they are also a big government party, just in different ways than the Democrats.
2) While the Libertarian Party cannot win in 2016, by gaining votes now it can eventually surpass the Republicans -- perhaps in two or three more election cycles (but maybe in this cycle if Trump continues to destroy the GOP from within) -- as the best alternative to the quasi-Marxist Democrat Party. Just as the GOP needed more than one election cycle to replace the Whigs, the Libertarians will need more than one election cycle to replace the Republicans.
3) While Hillary is a quasi-Marxist, Trump is a quasi-Fascist, and to a Libertarian neither is a good result. If Hillary wins she will (likely) be impeded by a Republican Congress and her low favorability rating means she will probably be a one-term president.
4) The country can recover from a generation of activist Supreme Court, it recovered from FDR. It will be a bad 10 or 20 years of course. Hopefully the conservatives on the court can outlive Hillary's administration or a Republican Senate can check her activist nominations.
5) The country cannot survive a moronic quasi-Fascist Trump whose thin skin and authoritarian impulses could cost us more allies, get us into wars, impose on civil liberties, etc.
6) I live in Texas and it won't be all that close here anyway (if Trump doesn't win Texas easily, he will lose at least 40-45 states).

I have voted Republican since Reagan in 1980. But Trump is no Republican, he is certainly no Reagan, and to be blunt, he's about the biggest pr!c# in the country. I don't trust him to be our CINC.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson no matter how many people tell me I'm wasting my vote. I'm trying to give my children and grandchildren a libertarian option in their lifetimes. We all know the next 20 years are going to be awful, hopefully our kids will do a better job with this country than we have.
All I can say is if you are comfortable with Hillary Clinton appointing perhaps 4 Supreme Court Judges, then by all means vote for Gary Johnson.

I'm sure your children and grandchildren will thank you 25 years from now.

This election is about one thing. The Supreme Court. It is one of the few times in history where we have had so many extremely elderly members on the Court, and such a reprehensible human being as Hillary Clinton standing on the brink of having the power to appoint their replacements.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:55 PM   #54
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Is a vote for Gary a vote for Trump? No it is a vote for Gary
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:26 PM   #55
flghtr65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I didn't "spin" anything ... I quoted what the man said.

You are the one who wants to mind read and "interpret" what someone thought!

Where are their purple hearts?
The same location as Bush43 and Dick Cheney.
flghtr65 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:15 PM   #56
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Gary stayed with his party, unlike Trump who changed to run. The way it looks to run and help Hillary.
Gary Johnson was a Republican when he was Governor of NM. Johnson is the one who changed political affiliation to run for President. Trump can run as anything he wants to. He has no political record.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #57
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67
Default Purple Heart recipient has a message for Drumpf

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women