Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #46
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Once again: Lebanese are not Iranians. And supporting an ally is not “ruling the world”.

"Suppose my neighbor's home catches fire, and I have a length of garden hose four or five hundred feet away. If he can take my garden hose and connect it up with his hydrant, I may help him to put out his fire..." by FDR, 11 March 1941.
or

Ismalal Ascari, an Iranian, drove the 19-ton truck over the barbed wire fence around the barracks, past two guard posts, and into the center of the compound, according to a federal court order issued earlier this year in a case brought by relatives of the victims.

"The resulting explosion was the largest non-nuclear explosion that had ever been detonated on the face of the Earth," the court order read. It was equal in force to between 15,000 and 21,000 pounds of TNT.

"The force of its impact ripped locked doors from their doorjambs at the nearest building, which was 256 feet away," read the ruling by U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth. "Trees located 370 feet away were shredded and completely exfoliated."

All the windows at the airport control tower, half a mile away, shattered. A crater eight feet deep was carved into the earth, and 15 feet of rubble was all that remained of the four-story Marine barracks.

"The force of the explosion ripped the building from its foundation. The building then imploded upon itself," read a Defense Department report on the attack. "Almost all the occupants were crushed or trapped inside the wreckage."

A U.S. investigation blamed lax security for allowing the bomber to get into the Marines' compound.

Lamberth ruled in May than Iran was responsible for the attack because of its support for Hezbollah. "It is beyond question that Hezbollah and its agents received massive material and technical support from the Iranian government," Lamberth wrote.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #47
guest040412
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

In some workplaces employee health insurance premiums have already skyrocketed. Mine went up by more than 50% due to obamacare. There is nothing "affordable" about obama's healthcare.
guest040412 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #48
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightStuffer View Post
In some workplaces employee health insurance premiums have already skyrocketed. Mine went up by more than 50% due to obamacare. There is nothing "affordable" about obama's healthcare.

I understand its easier to stand in the corner and call names and point fingers, so since you obviously didnt read the entire thread, allow me ..

Since 2001, employer-sponsored health coverage for family premiums have increased by 113%, placing increasing cost burdens on employers and workers. [3] In the public sector, Medicare covers the elderly and people with disabilities, and Medicaid provides coverage to low-income families. Enrollment has grown in Medicare with the aging of the baby boomers and in Medicaid due to the recession.[1], [4] This means that total government spending has increased considerably, straining federal and state budgets. In total, health spending accounted for 17.9% of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2010. [5]

funny thing Obamacare has been creating higher cost since 2001 isnt it.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #49
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Oh, I get it! It's Bush's fault. Why didn't you just say so?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #50
blue3122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Old News COG. My company and some others I know have been getting reports from analysts on the healthcare laws for the last 4 years. Depending on the company size and type of insurance, most expect the business side of expenses to rise between 25 and 100% from 2013 to 2018. My company with approx. 350 employees and high wages and benefits will have to pay penalties to keep our "Platinum" insurance. The analysis tells us to drop insurance, pay the government penalty and let our employees go on Obamacare. That move would save our owners at least $1M per year. Alternatively, we are considering moving about half of the company to other countries where our cost of doing business is more predictable and the regulatory environment is not so onerous. When I say "moving", I mean laying off USA workers and hiring workers in another country. I don't think most people realize what a job killer this is going to turn into. The problem is, the last thing that was "repealed" in Washington was prohibition. Once a program starts, its only going to get bigger.
blue3122 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Too true, Blue. Too true.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #52
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Among other things, I have been an early-stage VC for many years, so naturally I have talked to a large number of owners of small to medium-sized businesses about their outlooks and concerns.

I think blue3122 is spot on, as his observations exactly match those of so many others.

These concerns render it virtually impossible to estimate what the 5-to-10 year cost of a new hire is likely to be. Further, it should be noted that smaller firms are likely to be placed at a competitive disadvantage vis-a-vis their much larger competitors. Remember, much of the dynamism of the U.S. economy over the last few decades has been driven by startups and small businesses. And since the outcome of court challenges is anyone's guess, this overhang of uncertainly is a very unfortunate thing in these days of high unemployment.

In my opinion, it was a very bad idea to cram through an expensive new entitlement program loaded with complexity, mandates, tax increases, reams of regulations, and continuing uncertainty over its very constitutionality in the aftermath of a severe recession during which millions of Americans lost their jobs.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #53
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
Lamberth ruled in May than Iran was responsible for the attack because of its support for Hezbollah. "It is beyond question that Hezbollah and its agents received massive material and technical support from the Iranian government," Lamberth wrote.
You are quoting from a 2003 case file developed after years of investigative research. You do know that Reagan wasn't president in 2003?

In 1983, Lebanese Shi'a militants were suspected and connected to the bombing. These militant Lebanese Shi'a later formed Hezbollah, and Hezbollah remains primarily a Lebanese operation. In 1983, Iran, Syria and the U.S.S.R. were all funding Arab terrorist operatives in the Middle East.

So, did you see the news where Lebanon is developing nuclear capabilities, expanding its navy into international waters to play 'Blind Man's Bluff' with the U.S. Navy, or where Lebanon is developing an advance missile system and threatening to interdict trade in the Straits of Hormuz?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women