Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70707
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60356
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35872
Mojojo33117

Old 04-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #46
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You're describing the income tax when you talk about incomprehensibility. However, since we levied tariffs and completely funded our government with tariffs for more than 150 years, I don't think its constitutionality is in question. But you never know. I think the tariff system could be made simpler, but I'm not totally convinced it's necessary.

I think the FairTax would be such a boon to our economy, foreign competition would be negligible. But let's implement the FairTax, and if it becomes a problem, it will be much easier to solve than reforming (for the nth time) our monstrous income tax system. Even if tariffs were needed, and even if they were complicated, they could not possibly be more complicated or unfair than our current income tax system.

And thank you for a thoughtful, reasoned response. That's unusual here.
Personally, I would make out like a bandit with the FairTax, so from a greedy perspective I would be inclined to agree. Really, my main concern is the deflective nature of the organization that is proposing it, not the principle of a consumption tax. Perhaps thinking it through and at least answering some questions before ammending the Constitution would be the smart move. It would make me feel better about it anyway.

Tariffs are certainly constitutional. Sifting through personal items, taking inventory of those personal items we purchased, and storing that data on government databases (in order to collect the tariff), certainly screams of an invasion of privacy lawsuit, imho.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #47
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
Tarrif, tax, whatever you want to call it, the government still does not have the ability to determine the cost of the item. If you are suggesting a tariff be placed on all T-shirts with a smiley face on them to be x.xx amount, and a seperate tariff be created for every item in the world, it would take millions of pages of documents to support those tariffs and no gov employee could comprehend. Then you would have the expenses involved of having customs open every single package, appraise all the items, code them into an acct system, repackage, issue a tax bill, collect the tax, and so on and so on. Personally, I don't think the government could do all that in an efficient manner to collect $1.73 on a $7.50 smiley face T-shirt.

And I'm not sure if all that would be constitutional either, I could see a right to privacy issue being raised very quickly.
Remember that items imported for resale have no tax since the tax is incurred on the sale to the end user. People will not pay shipping from a foreign country to save a couple of bucks so most of these issues are not going to matter.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #48
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Leave it up to the recipient to provide the documentation and pay the tax before the item clears customs. Yes there will be some fraud but not enough to matter.

That is just one option. I am sure there are other solutions that can also work. Bottom line this is not a barrier.
Pay the tax to who? Under the FairTax their is no IRS anymore to collect taxes from individuals.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #49
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

With so much waste and free spending going on in D.C. it doesn't matter what they do untill they tighten up the purse strings on this bunch of inept spend happy drolls...
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #50
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
Remember that items imported for resale have no tax since the tax is incurred on the sale to the end user. People will not pay shipping from a foreign country to save a couple of bucks so most of these issues are not going to matter.
I know, however, if I can buy a rolex that costs $20,000 and spend $49.95 on shipping to avoid a $4,600 tax, where do you think the wealthy are going to purchase their next Rolex?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #51
waverunner234
Valued Poster

READING ALL OF THIS

I'M JUST LAUGHING .............................

NO ONE HAS A CLUE OF HOW TO MANAGE TAX
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #52
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Explain it to us, O Wise Wave!

And NWA, almost everyone would make out like a bandit under the FairTax. It would be tremendous for our economy.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
CJ7
Valued Poster

entitlement spending would go up with a fair tax and revenue would go down ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #54
waverunner234
Valued Poster

I'm sorry COG, not on a public forum.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #55
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
I'm sorry COG, not on a public forum.
You are weary of discussing how the federal government should tax the people on a public forum?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #56
Laz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
I know, however, if I can buy a rolex that costs $20,000 and spend $49.95 on shipping to avoid a $4,600 tax, where do you think the wealthy are going to purchase their next Rolex?
True but those will not be high volume items and a handful of irs guys can transfer to customs to deal with this. Place the burden of documentation on the buyer and simply hold the item until the taxes are paid so that he can get it. The volume will be low since the headache involved in that will make it easier to buy locally. Yes, some people will try to bypass the system but it will not be a large volume and the penalty for getting caught will make it unattractive.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #57
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

No shit.. I would see more people in line at the grocery store carrying Coach bags, with nails done, talking on an Iphone, paying with a food stamp card and having the bag guy load up their new Escalade..
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #58
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
Explain please.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #59
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladtinzu View Post
No shit.. I would see more people in line at the grocery store carrying Coach bags, with nails done, talking on an Iphone, paying with a food stamp card and having the bag guy load up their new Escalade..
Or better, have it all delivered at home via internet service.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You people obviously have no idea what you're talking about. C'mon, Wave! Enlighten us with your wisdumb.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women