Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #46
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

People who hunt deer kill them because they "hate" them right COG?
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #47
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Yeah, you're right. They're trained to hate the enemy.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #48
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post

Yeah, you're right. They're trained to hate the enemy.
This is the common occurance that gets ignored. Our military personal are good people that want to help others. Portraying them as anything else over infrequent things that are not that big a deal is offensive to anyone that knows and respects what they do and risk.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #49
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
This is the common occurance that gets ignored. Our military personal are good people that want to help others. Portraying them as anything else over infrequent things that are not that big a deal is offensive to anyone that knows and respects what they do and risk.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #50
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

This shows a distinct lack of training on behalf of our Troops.

You don't piss on a dead Muslim, you pour bacon grease on his corpse.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #51
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I think overall that our military includes some of the finest men and women in our society. I just think that when atrocities occur, such as this one, Abu Ghraib, My Lai, etc., we ought to show at least a little deference to them considering what we ask them to endure. Yes, these people need to be reprimanded, maybe even court-martialed, but that does not negate their underlying humanity. We ask them to do horrible things, it is only natural that some of them will react in a horrible manner.

There are many, who after having to increase their capacity to hate in order to participate in war, compensate by increasing their capacity to love, as is evidenced by the terrific pictures posted here. Would that they all could react that way. And while we honor every soldier, the ones who can exhibit love in an atmosphere of intense hate are deserving of extra honor and respect. May they all come home soon to a country that loves them.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #52
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Allen West makes a good point. Kinda my same point, only he says much better and more succinctly.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_616699.html

Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #53
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I think overall that our military includes some of the finest men and women in our society. I just think that when atrocities occur, such as this one, Abu Ghraib, My Lai, etc.,
Equating Abu Ghraib or pissing on dead people to My Lai where civilians were murdered is an atrocity. People are blowing things way out of proportion here. Pissing on the bodies was a bad decision and disrespectful but it was NOT an atrocity. Strapping a bomb to people and sending them into a group of civilians to kill as many people as possible is an atrocity.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #54
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

COG, the experience of American soldiers on both sides of the Civil War belies your point. There were few atrocities in that conflict and the soldiers fighting treated each other with respect to the degree possible given the circumstances.

Likewise, in both World Wars, there are only a small handful of examples of the U.S. or other allied soldiers committing atrocities or (to my knowledge) desecrating corpses. Prisoners taken by allied soldiers were overwhelmingly well treated and not dehumanized. Had they been, we would have no right to be outraged at the shameful treatment of our prisoners at the hands of the Japanese in situations such as the Bataan death march.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #55
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Allen West makes a good point. Kinda my same point, only he says much better and more succinctly.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ll_616699.html

looks like you beat me to posting Mr. West comments. was gonna post that.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #56
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
COG, the experience of American soldiers on both sides of the Civil War belies your point. There were few atrocities in that conflict and the soldiers fighting treated each other with respect to the degree possible given the circumstances.
For the most part, you are correct.

Quote:
Likewise, in both World Wars, there are only a small handful of examples of the U.S. or other allied soldiers committing atrocities or (to my knowledge) desecrating corpses. Prisoners taken by allied soldiers were overwhelmingly well treated and not dehumanized.
If you include the U.S.S.R, this is not true. The war on the Eastern Front was vicious, but the Soviets were no worse than the Nazis. The real, unprovoked crimes by the Soviets were perpetrated against the Poles.

Quote:
Had they been, we would have no right to be outraged at the shameful treatment of our prisoners at the hands of the Japanese in situations such as the Bataan death march.
Marines notoriously did not take Japanese as POWs. Read Eugene Sledge's book, "With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa."
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #57
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Yeah, the Civil War, or the War of Northern Aggression was different. Brothers against brothers. We all looked the same, and spoke the same. That must have been a godawful war, not that any of them are good, but that one must have been particularly horrible.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #58
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Most of the Japanese soldiers didn't want to be taken prisoner. So what is a marine to do. Good book by the way. I would also check out "Letters from Iwo Jima" with an open mind.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women