Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60191
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #46
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default the final redoubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

More fundamentally, you missed the argument that it is irrelevant that some of the FFs owned slaves in 1789. You've yet to offer any examples where in the world slavery was not common place in 1789; hence, your and WE's attempts to denigrate the FFs fails absolutely. Once again, your pretentious belief that you and your liberal ilk are more moral and more wise is just more condescending BS.

some how their point began as who cares about the founding fathers because they were slave owners so they are discredited, and by inference all their works are worthless.

retreat upon retreat from that line of argumentation, retreat not by acquiesence or agreement, but solely by an ever changing line of "points"
without support for any prior "point" made, it is now they are left with the "point" slavery was bad.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #47
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Alright, I've had this person on "ignore" since the first silly post of his I read, but, am I to understand there are still people who consider themselves educated and still believe the civil war was "fought for the abolition of slavery"? Has our educational system really gotten this bad?

That's sort of like saying WW1 was fought to establish the use of the submarine. Slavery was, of course, abolished ". . . within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States", as a strategy to help win a war already begun, not as the reason for beginning it. Even then not all slaves were freed, including those owned by US Grant who's wife had inherited them, those people were not freed till after the war was finished and the Constitution amended.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #48
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

When we are scared as a nation...the Constitution is not worth the paper it is written on.

That said, I basically agree with both camps in degrees on this one.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #49
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default One of the most baffling reasonings of all-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

You "originalists" and "strict constructionists" constantly invoke the founding fathers' original intent as the end-all be-all for your bizarre interpretations of the meaning of the constitution.
wanting to read the constitution and apply it as it is written is a bizarre method of interpretation of its meaning??????

how about not reading it as it is written and applying it as some wish it were written is perhaps a tad more bizarre
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
some how their point began as who cares about the founding fathers because they were slave owners so they are discredited, and by inference all their works are worthless.
Their ad hominem attacks are truly disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Alright, I've had this person on "ignore" since the first silly post of his I read, but, am I to understand there are still people who consider themselves educated and still believe the civil war was "fought for the abolition of slavery"?
No, Tiny Minded Tim was merely demonstrating why he is not an astute lawyer while simultaneously further exposing himself as a Kool-Aid drinking liberal.

As a true, Kool-Aid drinking minion of the current administration, Tiny Minded Tim doesn’t believe that the Constitution is the supreme law of the land – despite possessing a law degree (evidently a Cracker Jack treasure). No doubt that is why he, in this forum, attempts to charge, try and convict the FFs using laws and standards proscribing slavery that were not extant in 1789. Unlike the provision in Article 1, Section 9 of the United States Constitution, which states Congress shall pass no ex post facto law, Tiny Minded Tim superciliously insists the FFs living in 1789 should be held accountable in the court of public opinion for laws, provisions and standards that were not legislated, enacted and accepted until the 1860s. Once again Tiny Minded Tim has pompously asserted that he and his ilk are superior to the dictates of the Constitution. Once again, his pretentious assertions are exposed as being completely bereft of intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
When we are scared as a nation...the Constitution is not worth the paper it is written on.
Only in the befogged-minds of Kool-Aid drinking liberals who are drunk on the double-speak of their martinets.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

Only in the befogged-minds of Kool-Aid drinking liberals who are drunk on the double-speak of their martinets.
no, I B, the first half of his post was salient. tarnished by the remainder perhaps..but i can take a nugget now and then for what its worth from the most unlikely of sources
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #52
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default Pot/Kettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Louie never tells us what he thinks, he only cuts and pastes.

A very "special" comment from one of the most prolific "copy and pasters" on ECCIE. You post NUMEROUS times a day with Copies and Pastes! This is just another "Pot Calling the Kettle Black" moment for you, COG!

WELL DONE, Big Louie!
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #53
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

How about the pot calling the kettle stainless steel? Seems a bit less offensive.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #54
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaximander View Post
The Founding Fathers had no desire
to separate state and God- just an
opposition to a national church.
Congess has had a chaplain and started
each session with a christian prayer for
over 230 years now.
There in no way in hell our FF would have
consented to legal infanticide much less
state funded infanticide.
UCMJ forbid faggotry from it's incept.
None of the FF would have thought fags
belonged anywhere except in an asylum.

That's just a brief overview of some of your
misguided crapola.
You have no idea what is in the actual scriptures
not that it matters as you evidently think you
are more moral than the Lord anyway.
To whit the scriptures talk about your ilk
quite a bit.
That you think you know the right path to trod.
It looks good to you and seems right to you.
It's end is the pit of death.

We love this country more than we do
some closet muslim bisexual narcissist.

The flame of Liberty is not in you.

You are a slave hawking for his master.
SEPARATION IS INTENDED!

There WAS and IS a continued implication for that separation and while it has been blurred on many occasions, it is also noted in this 1833 letter (below) written by James Madison just a couple of years before his death.

Congress has gone back and forth on whether to pay those chaplains out of government monies or require a collection from members of Congress to break the implied tie of any religion to any part of the government.

They were also torn in some of the earliest pre-Constitutional meetings of the Continental Congress about what religions to allow to serve as Chaplains for fear of favoring one over another and they were certainly apprehensive at the Philadelphia assemblies that the predominant Quaker sect would be given preference.

"I must admit moreover that it may not be easy, in every possible case, to trace the line of separation between the rights of religion and civil authority with such distinctness as to avoid collisions & doubts on unessential points. The tendency to a usurpation on one side or the other, or to a corrupting coalition or alliance between them will be best guarded against by an entire abstinence of the government from interference in any way whatsoever, beyond the necessity of preserving public order & protecting each sect against trespasses on its legal rights by others." (James Madison in a letter to Jasper Adams, September 1833)

This country has and is still evolving. To go back to the Founding Fathers so-called "intentions" would simply open up the debates this country has already had the wisdom to settle. Those debates would include Women's suffrage, slavery, the absence of rights to those without property and many other now-undeniable rights that this nation made many sacrifices to put behind us. Women and minorities have yet to realize all of the nuances that accrue to the others who were never without these rights.

To those who keep whining that they "want their country back", I say be careful what you wish for. You should be happy with the milestones achieved and be thankful that the blood and imprisonment was not yours.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
There was nothing about the slave trade in 1789 that was unlawful -- don't you get it? Hence, your and WE's attempts to denigrate the FFs fails absolutely. Once again, your pretentious belief that you and your liberal ilk are more moral and more wise is just more condescending BS.
Is this sort of logic on which you are basing your flimsy argument? If so, please spare those of us who know your shit from your Shinola!

Most of the Continental Congress along with many other Colonial meetings after war was declared were held in Philadelphia. OF COURSE, Deists like most of the founders wanted "separation" because they feared a strong Quaker influence from the outset.

Your accusation of our opinion of the founders as being somehow less altruistic is pure bullshit! No, IDIOT, it was because while bright, they were still hampered by the very same human nature that has always been with mankind.

That is why this country's struggle is an ongoing process.

However, back in the "Fairy Tale" portion of my mind (that must be more highly-developed in YOUR minds) and where your thoughts must dwell on a constant basis in your own, I would like to see some of you less enlightened people shipped back to be with our FF's.

I wonder how far your anti-Presidential posts and emails in a public forum would fare against a Founding Father-laced tribunal looking into treasonous behavior?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #56
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post

Your accusation of our opinion of the founders as being somehow less altruistic is pure bullshit! No, IDIOT, it was because while bright, they were still hampered by the very same human nature that has always been with mankind.
You are a jack-ass. It is Tiny Minded Tim and WE who are making the ad hominem attacks against the altruism of the FFs. Once again you've demonstrated your inadequate, third grade reading skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
That is why this country's struggle is an ongoing process.
An ongoing process that SHOULD be accomplished by Constitutional rules and procedures and not by the the dictates of an autocratic.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #57
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Default What about Minister Jeffress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Note the Communist title of the writer: Minister of Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Minister Goebbels would have been so proud of you.
With all this talk of "Ministers", you morons (not Mormons) left out The Rev. Robert Jeffress, yet another "Minister"!

Hitler could have beat the GOP field by using their own talking points.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #58
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Default I once owned a VegOmatic. Did your brain get too close to it?

Quote:
You are a jack-ass. It is Tiny Minded Tim and WE who are making the ad hominem attacks against the altruism of the FFs. Once again you've demonstrated your inadequate, third grade reading skills.

An ongoing process that SHOULD be accomplished by Constitutional rules and procedures and not by the the dictates of an autocratic.
I made no reading or comprehension mistakes, stupid! My argument that altruism continues to be a struggle just like it always has just went over your head and made you begin to stutter and use the wrong words. That's OK. We'll wait for you to catch up.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #59
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Louie never tells us what he thinks, he only cuts and pastes. Not sure there have been many original thoughts coming from him.
Does pasting something in make it any less true? Your complaint seems to be that I cut and paste rather that what was posted.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #60
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

You cut and pasted bullshit. I already said that.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women