Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60538
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42039
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #46
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Oh brother!

No, you also took it a step further by claiming the polls predicted the inevitability that Obama would end up in the low 30's. I only pointed out the idiotic nature of your claim.

But using idiotic logic that needs to be refuted is your fault.
Okay, if you want to limit ourselves to known facts and not project trends (I thought that’s what polls were for? my bad), then we’ll agree that at this point in their respective presidencies, “W” polled almost 10 points better than Obama. We cannot assume—as you evidently do in your original post—that Obama will get an additional four years wherein his poll numbers might continue to slide. Similarly, using your logic, comparing “W’s” eighth year polls with Obama’s third year polls makes no sense. So we won’t. One additional note: not only was “W” polling higher than Obama at this point in his presidency (1st term average), only Reagan, Carter, Clinton and Ford polled worse than Obama (remember, Ford pardoned Nixon). Carter and Ford did not win re-election, and Clinton received less than 50% of the popular vote in 1996.
See “Key Statistics” @ http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Pr...al-Center.aspx
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #47
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Reagan would be considered a liberal by you guys today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
Oh to be able to find another Ronnie, but they are very few and far between.

Are you kidding me....go to the actor's studio. They are a dime a dozen.

But you better find another Volker that set Reagan up to look like the God you guys think he was!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #48
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Okay, if you want to limit ourselves to known facts and not project trends (I thought that’s what polls were for? my bad),
They show trends, they're not designed to project them. Your bad, alright.

Quote:
then we’ll agree that at this point in their respective presidencies, “W” polled almost 10 points better than Obama.
Yeah, after the 40% bounce he received because he happened to be the President on the day 3500 Americans got butchered.

Quote:
We cannot assume—as you evidently do in your original post—that Obama will get an additional four years wherein his poll numbers might continue to slide.
You're so ignoring the point i made that it's clear you're simply desperate.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #49
Guest042413
Account Disabled

User ID: 14630
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
No duh...he should try pimpin lol.
He wouldnt make it 2 hours lol Although the way he likes spending money he might make a very good client lol
Guest042413 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #50
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

But you better find another Volker that set Reagan up to look like the God you guys think he was!
Yeah, better to go find some POS dwelling in the colon of the corrupt Chicago mob (urr, "political establishment").
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #51
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Can we assume that's what Chicago did, to find their new mayor?
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #52
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
then we’ll agree that at this point in their respective presidencies, “W” polled almost 10 points better than Obama.
Quote:
Yeah, after the 40% bounce he received because he happened to be the President on the day 3500 Americans got butchered.
If the facts are against you...argue the law. If the law is against you...argue the facts. How predictable.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #53
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler View Post

I actually agree with TTH...
Well shit!! Then I must be wrong!!!!
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #54
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
If the facts are against you...argue the law. If the law is against you...argue the facts. How predictable.
Well then, genius, what the hell are we supposed to do?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #55
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
They show trends, they're not designed to project them. Your bad, alright.
Gallup Polls are best known for their accuracy in predicting the outcome of United States presidential elections.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gallup_Organization

Polls now provide leaders with capital or impoverish them in their efforts to promote policies. . . As a result, the public has become a more important player in national affairs . . . It is not possible to find a major national policy initiative for which polling has not played a significant, even critical, role.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1379/pol...aking-politics

Quote:
Your point is . . . ? Obama’s approval polls, Gallup reports 65.9%, were highest immediately after the inauguration and have gone down almost everyday since. Venture to guess why he managed to snag that 65.9%? He wasn’t “W.” How’s that for an accolade? He was awarded a Noble Peace Prize for the same thing. Whoop-tee f$#king doo! Try attributing your major accomplishments in life to the fact that “I wasn’t the other guy” on your resume and see what it gets you. smh.

Quote:
There were a total of 2,996 deaths, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims. The victims were distributed as follows: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,606 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon. All the deaths in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon.

More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center Aside from the approximately 2,669 United States casualties, 372 foreign nationals (excluding the nineteen perpetrators) also perished in the attacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualt...ber_11_attacks

People always tend to forget those 372 from other countries. Bin Laden’s attack was against the civilized world.

Quote:
You're so ignoring the point i made that it's clear you're simply desperate.
Your point was that: “polls mattered.” Then, when the numbers were against you, you changed it to: “polls don’t matter.” If I seem desperate, it’s because I’m shooting at a moving target. Please, excuse me now. I must go dust the trap under the kitchen sink
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #56
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Yeah, better to go find some POS dwelling in the colon of the corrupt Chicago mob (urr, "political establishment").
Him and Ronnie are just actors in this two bit stage of life. I personally do not think either that good , more fortunate than anything.

Kinda like being born in this country...luck of the draw.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #57
gnadfly
Account Disabled

...Back to Obama. The Dem Libs know they can't publicly support the guy so they change to subject back to GWB.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #58
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Gallup Polls are best known for their accuracy in predicting the outcome of United States presidential elections.
Oh good grief!! A poll on Nov 3rd being used to predict the outcome of an election on Nov 4th is your proof that a poll in the 2nd year of a guy's presidency will predict the results of the poll in the 4th or 8th year of a guy's presidency? Are you really that dense? And please tell me you didn't spend more than a minute or 2 looking up the information you used to attempt to make that point. Because if you did, that was one seriously stupid waste of your time.

Quote:
Try attributing your major accomplishments in life to the fact that “I wasn’t the other guy” on your resume and see what it gets you. smh.
Beats the situation where the major accomplishment of ones life is being the guy who had 3000 people murdered right under his nose.

Quote:
There were a total of 2,996 deaths, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims. The victims were distributed as follows: 246 on the four planes (from which there were no survivors), 2,606 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon. All the deaths in the attacks were civilians except for 55 military personnel killed at the Pentagon.

More than 90 countries lost citizens in the attacks on the World Trade Center Aside from the approximately 2,669 United States casualties, 372 foreign nationals (excluding the nineteen perpetrators) also perished in the attacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualt...ber_11_attacks

[FONT=&quot][SIZE=3]People always tend to forget those 372 from other countries. Bin Laden’s attack was against the civilized world.
Again, all i can say is....Oh my god! I spit out a general number off the top of my head, a number that really has nothing to do with anything regarding this discussion, and you took that much time to refute it?

Quote:
Your point was that: “polls mattered.” Then, when the numbers were against you, you changed it to: “polls don’t matter.” If I seem desperate, it’s because I’m shooting at a moving target.
I never changed my argument to "polls don't matter". I'm only being forced to change my argument to "your use of the poll absolutely does not say what you want to claim it says". Show me one, just one pollster, that will make the prediction that, because of current polling data, Obama will end up with a lower approval number than Bush. Or even, simply find me one pollster that will claim that the current polling data says anything about what the polling data will be in 2 years. Or better yet, 6 years. Because that's what you're arguing.

Like i said. Desperate.

I'm done having this discussion with you. Your point is so off base as to be utterly asinine and i'm not going to waste my time with it any longer.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #59
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
...Back to Obama. The Dem Libs know they can't publicly support the guy so they change to subject back to GWB.
This just goes to show how out of touch with Democratic politic you are. The moderate Democrats are the ones who are most pleased with Obama. The liberal Democrats are furious with him. If you don't believe me, read Anthony Wiener's remarks last week.

Obama is a moderate who never met a compromise he didn't like. That's the problem with him.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #60
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
This just goes to show how out of touch with Democratic politic you are... The liberal Democrats are furious with him....
My gawd man, you call yourself a lawyer? Where are your reading comprehension skills?
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women