Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: What is the solution to mass shootings in the US?
Assault weapons ban and/or stricter gun laws 13 26.00%
Better management of mental health issues 21 42.00%
More armed civilians at school and businesses 9 18.00%
More armed secyruty at school and businesses 13 26.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #46
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Give out your street address, WishIHadABiggen, and then we'll see.

You really need to train to be here. You're not ready yet.

your cognitive powers are rapidly deteriorating soon you will be a empty suit.go back to the minors and try to work your way back up.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #47
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
One teacher with one gun would have saved most of the lives.
He would have killed himself if confronted by somebody with a firearm.
When the tragedy occured at Virginia Tech I asked several of my friends who are college professors if they wanted guns on campus. Everyone said "NO". I'm sure if you asked teachers from K - 12 you would get the same response. Especially at the elementary level where the majority of teachers are women.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #48
gnadfly
Account Disabled

My solution? Turn off the TV.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #49
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Maybe if the shooter was employed he would have had more self respect and he would have been at work instead.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #50
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
Maybe if the shooter was employed he would have had more self respect and he would have been at work instead.
You are fucking loony. Oh wait ... This is ALL Obama's fault. I get it now.

You ARE fucking loony.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #51
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You are fucking loony. Oh wait ... This is ALL Obama's fault. I get it now.

You ARE fucking loony.
you contribute nothing to these threads, you just like to call everybody dipshits

you are a waste of bandwidth
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #52
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Old poster Timpage. I corrected it for one student for population. She was pissed because she had no come back.

Well Speedie I don't get the same results on my campus. There is more than one us with a CCW permit and we would like to do so.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:20 AM   #53
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
You might make that argument for wars but I've never seen a connection with religion in mass killings in the USA.......except in the name of Allah.

So shut your whore mouth.

How can you tell a Christian is trying to insult you? They steal the insult from someone else and then use it in the wrong context. How about you go to church and tell them how much time you spend on a hooker board. Is your tithe calculated before or after you put aside the money you spend on prostitutes?
guest010313 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #54
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Are we ready to change the many of the fundemental aspects of being an "American", because of such a small occurance.
Here is a hint of the strange nature of being American. You think that owning automatic weapons is an important and fundamental aspect of being American, and you are proud of that fact? You think that it is a characteristic which raises you above any other nation?

Here is the heart of the problem. Fortunately not a problem shared by all Americans.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 AM   #55
essence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
One teacher with one gun would have saved most of the lives.
He would have killed himself if confronted by somebody with a firearm.
Bollocks.

What about all the other 'accidental' deaths which result from arming all teachers?

Nonsense, bollocks, can't believe (well, maybe I am getting old, I can believe it, can't overestimate the ability for hums to be delusioned) anybody would write such rubbish.

Let me explain for those of you who are slow.

Once the gunman started killing with his weapons, how long would it be before the armed teacher got to the classroom and killed the gunman?

If entering a school room and confronting a gunman in the middle of the slaughter, how skilled would a relatively untrained teacher be at killing the gunman rather than accidentelly killing more children?

But my main argument is: if every school teacher had a gun with easy access in every classroom, in case a gunman enters and they need quick defence, how many accidents with fatalities would occur thoughout the country every day?

This 'solution', even if it helped in some circumstances, would have far worse ancillary effect.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #56
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
Once the gunman started killing with his weapons, how long would it be before the armed teacher got to the classroom and killed the gunman?

If entering a school room and confronting a gunman in the middle of the slaughter, how skilled would a relatively untrained teacher be at killing the gunman rather than accidentelly killing more children?
This statement doesn't just apply to teachers. Some people (posters) actually believe that having a CCL "qualifies" them to confront any live-fire scenario ....

.. it is tantamount to walking out of the driver's license bureau with a beginner's license and driving onto the NASCAR track as the race begins.

A basic peace officer fresh out of an academy gets 10-20 times the amount of training and they are not fit and qualified to make an entry with an handgun against a vested shooter with a semi-automatic rifle ... or even a semi-auto handgun.

Second, 99% of the CCL carriers do not even have the right kind of loads for indoor, people congested environments in a live-fire situation.

Look at the amateur want-to-be reported from the Oregon mall shooting recently, who claimed the shooter killed himself because he pointed his pistol at him.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #57
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Here is a hint of the strange nature of being American. You think that owning automatic weapons is an important and fundamental aspect of being American, and you are proud of that fact? You think that it is a characteristic which raises you above any other nation?

When did we start talking about automatic weapons? No legally owned automatic weapon has ever been used in a crime. You're off the reservation. It is semi- automatic weapons that we were talking about.

According the to FBI crime statistics a civilian is slightly LESS likely to shoot the wrong person than a police officer. You do not have to be a decathlete to defend yourself.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #58
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
My solution? Turn off the TV.
Actually that is not far from the solution. The more coverage these things get, the greater chance it will continue.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #59
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

If the shooter had received the care he needed, this probably wouldn't have happened. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Managing care for the mentally ill would cut down on medical costs overall. It takes a terrible toll on individuals, families and society.

I also believe in management of one's own gun collection. If they had been locked away, it would also probably not have happened.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #60
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
If the shooter had received the care he needed, this probably wouldn't have happened.
It has been my understanding that his mental condition had been evaluated and that he was prescribed meds, which he didn't always take. When the "mental health" providers get to the level of the medical profession in the treatment of conditions (which is lacking itself at times for various reasons) then there may be a standard by which a Court can confine someone with a mental health problem for the rest of their lives ... since some "mental health" problems are apparently not curable or treatable.

So, when the liberals who want civil commitment instead of prison sentences decide that the Due Process Clause allows for life-commitments without a "reasonable doubt" then we need to figure out how "we" are going to pay for these warehousings of all these people that someone decided were "crazy" and needed to be locked up for the rest of their lives without possibility of release. In addition we need to hire and train more LE personnel who have "mental health" qualifications so that they can identify in the field the "crazies" from the "criminals" so that they can put them in the right facility when they are taking into custody for acting weird!!!!

Be nice to your family and neighbors and don't say anything "crazy" to them!
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women