Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41215
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #46
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Jonballs at least tries to interject some humor into the proceedings, i'll give him that. He's very hit and miss, mostly miss, but he does try.
Naw I just REread it and laughed, that was FN FUNNY!!!
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #47
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
If you are STUPID enough to think North America doesn't have the readily available resources to affect oil prices.... you have FINALLY found a subject to HIGHLIGHT your IGNORANCE!!
What manifesto are you talking about?

Are you Michelle Bachman energy adviser?

Quote:

WTF.... please post the earnings of all the major oil companies during the years when "barrel prices" (which they have no control of) were 1/4 of what they are now.... PLEASE DO IT!! Not very long ago... the oil & gas industry made obcene amounts of money when oil was priced @ $10/barrel.... in fact, for several years, all major project's funding were based upon that price.

WTF are you talking about? I worked in the energy sector all thru the eighties............

By Charles Alexander;Frederick Ungeheuer Monday,
Aug. 02, 1982Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz1VbsSdmcpTo some degree, Exxon's profit problems are shared by the entire oil industry. The recession has dampened demand for crude and brought an end, at least temporarily, to sharp increases in petroleum prices. As a result, other major oil companies, including Mobil and Phillips, are streamlining their operations to cut costs

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #48
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooose View Post
I say bring back Bill Clinton and his cigars. He might be a womanizer but he was a damn good president.
however, he not only lied in court and he broke a ROTC contract, damn good citizen

and lets see he and barney frank caused the current housing problem, damned good
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #49
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
and lets see he and barney frank caused the current housing problem, damned good
And if you dig deep enough, you might be able to blame Pearl Harbor on Clinton too!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #50
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
And if you dig deep enough, you might be able to blame Pearl Harbor on Clinton too!
just stating FACTS, also part of the "booming" economy was housing that now has come back to bite us in the ass

you donkey's live in a dream world
Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #51
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
just stating FACTS, also part of the "booming" economy was housing that now has come back to bite us in the ass

If it was so bad when Clinton left office, why didn't GW, Cheney, Hastert, McConnell and DeLay correct the problem during their 8 years in office. It would seem to me that Dub was the one who should have prevented housing from coming back to bite "us in the ass, not Clinton."

I suppose Dubya did not have time, he was too busy losing focus upon the perpetrators of 9/11. Not only did Dub fail to locate OBL, he never found the WMD's. Failing to correct the housing problem was just one of many things GW failed to do!

You elephant's seem to operate best while foot tapping in the semi-privacy of the airport mens-room stalls! You damn sure can't make a concise argument in a political discussion!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #52
houtxgent
Account Disabled

i find it odd that so many people jump on the "media" bandwagons without knowing what ground they stand on. example. the liberal media hates palin with a passion. they try to tear apart everything she says and sometimes they catch her and sometimes they make a fool of themselves (and they rarely acknowledge it).

there are MANY ways to get gas down to $2/gal. It's just going to take a lot of political moves to get it done.

if you think communists are no longer around, then you have your head in the sand. just because they don't want their presence to be known does not mean they are here, alive, and well.
houtxgent is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #53
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:

World Class Idiot!!
You don't think consumption goes up when the price goes down? Or you have some other way to solve man made climate change? I'm all ears.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #54
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
........ I'm all ears.
That... explains quite a lot!!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 AM   #55
Clayton Bigsby ATX
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Cheap gas would be great. Energy reform would be even better.
Clayton Bigsby ATX is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #56
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

The housing bubble was not in the ninities.

Fuc, you guys just make shit up.

Bush benifitted from the housing bubble.

Many thought it was his tax cuts but in reality it was an overstroked housing boom.

Reagan benniffiied from low oil prices, just like Clinton.

If I have said it once, I've said it a million times. This country is set up for low oil prices. You get those and the majority of the country does fine. Texas mabe not so much so. We rely on high energy priceses. Why the fuc do you think we have ceated so many jobs since Busg started those wars? This isn't rocket science....though it seems to be for Michelle Bachmans energy czar, Mr Giz.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #57
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtxgent View Post
i find it odd that so many people jump on the "media" bandwagons without knowing what ground they stand on. example. the liberal media hates palin with a passion. they try to tear apart everything she says and sometimes they catch her and sometimes they make a fool of themselves (and they rarely acknowledge it).
Can you give any examples?

there are MANY ways to get gas down to $2/gal. It's just going to take a lot of political moves to get it done.
Can you give any examples?

if you think communists are no longer around, then you have your head in the sand. just because they don't want their presence to be known does not mean they are here, alive, and well.
I agree with your last statement completely
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #58
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
If it was so bad when Clinton left office, why didn't GW, Cheney, Hastert, McConnell and DeLay correct the problem during their 8 years in office. It would seem to me that Dub was the one who should have prevented housing from coming back to bite "us in the ass, not Clinton."

He did try but got overruled somehow

I suppose Dubya did not have time, he was too busy losing focus upon the perpetrators of 9/11. Not only did Dub fail to locate OBL, he never found the WMD's. Failing to correct the housing problem was just one of many things GW failed to do!

Based on interviews @ Gitmo that led to finding OBL during GW's years, very weak statement

You elephant's seem to operate best while foot tapping in the semi-privacy of the airport mens-room stalls! You damn sure can't make a concise argument in a political discussion!
even weaker statement
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #59
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
He did try but got overruled somehow
Quote:
even weaker statement

Well.......it was a question that needed an answer. It is apparent that you had no answer! It was you who raised the "housing" issue in the first place. I simply responded, that if Clinton were to blame, then it stands to reason that GW had 8 years to correct the problem. Apparently GW did not initiate any steps to correct the "housing" problem. If nothing else, wouldn't that mean GW was guilty of neglect? Oops, I almost forgot that GW was too busy losing focus on the perpetrator's of 9/11 to correct our domestic problems.

While it is apparent that GW was to blame, the typical elephant response is to blame Clinton. Meanwhile, you offer no proof that it was actually Clinton's fault. That is soooooo very typical of the elephants!

In and of itself, you making the feeble claim that GW "did try but got overruled somehow" was a pretty damn "weak statement." When did GW try? What legislation did GW try to initiate it with. When did the Bush Administration initiate the legislation?. Who overruled the Bush Administration? Did the Bush Administration threaten whomever with a veto? If so, when? If GW was such a powerful President, why was he overruled? In and of itself, isn't being "overruled" a sign of weakness on GW's part?

It appears to me that you had no response to the original question other than to say "He did try but got overruled somehow." You then took it a step further by having the audacity to close with something as feeble as: "even weaker statement." In an of itself, those are both pretty damn weak statements! Hell, I could have said that Clinton tried and got overruled somehow! I did not do so because I would have been guilty of making an "even weaker statement."

Your original statement was a typical right-wing response, blame Clinton for something that occurred on GW's watch. Even though GW did absolutely nothing to prevent the housing collapse from occurring. And remember, making the claim that you heard it from Rush is not an answer!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 AM   #60
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default ever hear of the community development act?

Quote:
I simply responded, that if Clinton were to blame, then it stands to reason that GW had 8 years to correct the problem. Apparently GW did not initiate any steps to correct the "housing" problem. If nothing else, wouldn't that mean GW was guilty of neglect?

bush did try a few times and he was blocked by barney frank et al.

you see, there is a group in washington that may not be like you are, they are nefarious and true believers.

if they cant get a tax hike through to have money to spend, no big deal, they have a back door, they spend and borrow. spending what we dont have has the same effect as a tax hike. there really is no difference, only a delay in when to collect the tax.

i happened to be watching the c span congressional tribunal when they raked the bankers over the coals of racism for not lending to less than credit worthy applicants. happened in the early 90's. red-lining they called it.

they demanded and then they codified into law the requirement that our banks along with frannie and freddie make a massive amount of loans to people who had no ability to pay them back. they installed a favored dem to run fannie who made millions as frannie and freddie loaned and guaranteed willie nillie. since the banks were on the hook, they too packaged these things and foisted them around like playing musical chairs. past credit history was removed as part of any due diligence.

and bush appointees several times made the case to the democrat congress' folded arm, blustery, intransigience.
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women