Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70687
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60220
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48395
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35684
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 AM   #46
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
No you missed the point. Those with the power have the biggest tax breaks and they don't want to lose them so nothing is going to change.

No, you missed the point. Take away the power from Congress by lowering the tax and you take away their toy (and companies like BK stay in the US). You're blaming the victims who take action to protect themselves and I want to hold the rapists accountable.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:13 AM   #47
BigLouie
Valued Poster

And just how do you plan on taking away this power from Congress since this is how they make their money.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 AM   #48
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
You've missed the point completely. They should lower all the corporate tax rates to about 15% at least and this inversion thing will stop on it's own. This is what they do in Congress. Establish a high standard and then they will carve out some kind of exemption in return for donations. If we take away the weapon of high rates then that leaves congress disarmed.
Why should a company that makes 10,000+ times what I make pay a tax rate that's half what I pay?
To be honest, they probably already do, since corporations get deductions and credits that the average citizen can't take advantage of. Most large corporations actually pay an effective rate of <10%.
Now, if you want to argue fairness, yes, I don't think repatriated profits should be taxed, and neither should dividends.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #49
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post

. . . The IRS is a ruthless organization and I sympathize with that guy years back who flew his plane into an IRS building to forcefully state his protest, but Burger King has found a more constructive way around the problem, however, as a country we cannot afford this type of tax avoidance.
Having been in the next building over, I take great offense to your statement above.
The guy was a tax cheat that hadn't paid taxes in close to a decade. He was getting the treatment he was asking for, and couldn't handle it mentally. Total nutcase who spent too much time listening to, and believing, Rush, et. al. Much like a number of you guys.
I suppose you feel sympathy with the 9/11 hijackers too, after all they had to put up with from the U.S. Middle East policy and our C.I.A. operations in their home countries.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #50
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoulRon View Post
Why should a company that makes 10,000+ times what I make pay a tax rate that's half what I pay?
Because they pay 10,000x what you pay in tax dollars, provide employment for people taxed at your tax rate from whom tax dollars are generated, pay unemployment tax payments, and SS/Medicaid contributions over and above what is paid by the employees....plus many pay industrial/business property taxes and sales taxes into the local economy.

BTW: Those credits, exemptions, and deductions, for the most part represent funds being paid to another business or person for products and services consumed by the corporation, which "churns" the economy.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #51
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Because they pay 10,000x what you pay in tax dollars, provide employment for people taxed at your tax rate from whom tax dollars are generated, pay unemployment tax payments, and SS/Medicaid contributions over and above what is paid by the employees....plus many pay industrial/business property taxes and sales taxes into the local economy.

BTW: Those credits, exemptions, and deductions, for the most part represent funds being paid to another business or person for products and services consumed by the corporation, which "churns" the economy.
I believe some of those corporations have paid zero, or nearly zero, dollars in taxes for decades.

SS/Medicaid contributions are split evenly between employer and employee. I pay property taxes, at a higher rate and with fewer deductions from my assessed value, and I can't afforded to hire a team of lawyers to lower that valuation. I pay sales taxes at the same rate as a business does on it's taxable purchases. The only thing is, they collect it for the govt. from me and their other customers.
Sure wish I could claim deductions for all my expenses for products and services which I consume. Those also help to churn the economy.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #52
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I believe some of those corporations have paid zero, or nearly zero, dollars in taxes for decades.

Those also help to churn the economy.
You were initially "speaking" in generalities ...

...... when asking the rhetorical question.

"Why should a company that makes 10,000+ times what I make ..."

When I speak of "making" money I usually think in terms of "profit" ....

.. not gross revenues. If they are making a "profit" they are paying taxes.

If my businesses revenues are "churned" into expenses, e.g. payroll increases and bonuses, then taxes are in fact paid on those "expenses" but shifted to a lower tax bracket .. the individual taxpayer-employees. By increasing "overhead" I reduce the company's taxable earnings, but taxes still get paid from the initial business "revenues."

The idea of lower taxes on the corporations is to increase discretionary spending funds that allow for expansion and growth .. increasing employment opportunities not only with the company, but also with those businesses that provide the expansion and growth ... additional technology, equipment, and structures.

But you already know that.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #53
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:

When they have millions or billions sheltered in over seas accounts then borrow millions so they can deduct interest on the loan plus other deductions, we probably owe them a refund. If you think smart companies are getting fucked on taxes you are delusional.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #54
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:

Maybe for a few years, but not for decades. You are referring to the corporate profit tax only. Net profit is what is left over after a company pays everyone else. Many corporations suffered big losses in 2009. Under IRS rules, they are allowed to "carry forward" some of these prior losses to offset current income on their tax returns. But they can't carry them forward for "decades".

Notice how all the libtard politicians who hand out tax credits/subsidies for sacred cows like renewable energy then turn around and demagogue when General Electric takes advantage of them and pays no taxes. What the fuck? Give 'em tax credits to do something, then beat 'em up afterwards for doing exactly what you wanted? If you bought a car under Cash for Clunkers and paid no taxes thanks to the subsidy, are you unpatriotic?

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #55
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
... you are delusional.
Well ... since I am not "delusional" ...

I never posted ..."smart companies are getting fucked on taxes"...

.. now did I?

What I did suggest is corporations (incorporated companies) "churn" the economy by "expensing" revenues as deductions and exemptions (tax credits), which includes increases salaries (bonuses) for employees.

If the government doesn't try to tax the shit out of managed funds being held for future investments and growth, then perhaps it would not be sheltered "off shore" to avoid that potential threat. Many viable and healthy corporations today are retaining earnings until they can determine what the future will hold for investments and growth. That tends to stagnate the economy and in turn economic recovery.

Will Burger King start paying higher wages? Building more "stores"?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #56
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Is anybody else embarrassed by this STUPID FUCKING IDIOTS?
You mean the ones so fucking stupid they don't even know when to use "this" (singular) versus "these" (plural)?

Yeah, I'm embarrassed.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #57
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You mean the ones so fucking stupid they don't even know when to use "this" (singular) versus "these" (plural)?

Yeah, I'm embarrassed.
He can't help it. His Obamacare has been cancelled, ,,

..... and his prescriptions held.

Not to mention he's also from Austin.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #58
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Will Burger King start paying higher wages? Building more "stores"?
No.

Probably, depends on their franchise model. If most of their stores are franchises, then the cost of building is borne by the franchisee, though often financed via a loan from the franchiser.

And it is highly unlikely that they'll lower prices, either.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #59
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

I'm going to eat at Burger King tomorrow... can I pick y'all up something?

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #60
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Some helpful explanation in that video, not that I completely agree.

Really the answer is for the U.S. to start annexing Canada. We're at least a century behind on the process.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women