Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #46
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

the SKY IS FALLING! Without probable cause.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #47
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
They are not going to be limiting themselves to planes anymore. That is the point. They will be investigating at buses, trains and highways. Your car could be stopped and searched at random with no probable cause.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

no

youre one of a narrow minority that constantly whines about legislation that hasnt been passed yet and more than likely never will.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #48
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Your car could be stopped and searched at random with no probable cause.

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?
No. The United States Supreme Court has for decades.

At this point, after following the various links to links to links, it appears that TSA wants to do a "cost" analysis on the expense and fesibility of implementing a program that apparently focuses on TRUCKING ... (since they do trains and buses now) there was a Tennessee operation that was conducted by the State of Tennessee that is referenced in the materials and that operation focused on trucks and buses, which were brought into a normal inspection station. No private passenger vehicles.

Just as an aside, and a current topic, would a check point in the vicinty of the grade school in Connecticutt have saved the lives of 20 children and staff members?

Those folks didn't get much "probable cause" or "proof beyond a reaonable doubt?!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
if i get on a plane or not, Im for searching every sob that gets on any plane for everyones saftey ..

supposedly several people here would rather sacrifice 200 other peoples lives because they arent concerned for their own saftey ... fine, ride a bicycle at night down the middle of a highway without any lights and stay out of airports ...
We, therefore I, wasn't talking about air travel. I've already said there is sufficient evidence to show that advanced searches are warranted for air travel. You're trying to twist my words. So I'll say it again; I do not believe in random searches for the millions and millions of cars and people traveling by car, bus, train or on foot using "safety" and the War on Terror as a premise.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #50
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
We, therefore I, wasn't talking about air travel. I've already said there is sufficient evidence to show that advanced searches are warranted for air travel. You're trying to twist my words. So I'll say it again; I do not believe in random searches for the millions and millions of cars and people traveling by car, bus, train or on foot using "safety" and the War on Terror as a premise.

millions of cars arent on the agenda, specifically trucks and buses stop at specific points, no more no less ... and its merely a STUDY not proposed legislation as COF wants everyone to believe .. said study was buried in a file somewhere, not on the congressional table dedicated to removing your rights from you ..

read LLs comment above ...

The End
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #51
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
millions of cars arent on the agenda, specifically trucks and buses stop at specific points, no more no less ... and its merely a STUDY not proposed legislation as COF wants everyone to believe .. said study was buried in a file somewhere, not on the congressional table dedicated to removing your rights from you ..

read LLs comment above ...

The End
It was a discussion in general if the deteriorating Civil Rights. You seem to care about EVERYTHING yet NOTHING. I think you care simply for the immediate satisfaction you get after you think you insult someone.

No, I do not think a random road block would have caught the nut that killed all those kids. The thousands of random military roadblocks don't work in Mexico and there are a hell of a lot more drug dealers running the streets in Mexico. Why would it work on one lone gunman? What would have gone a long way in preventing the melee is laws against big box magazines and a requirement to keep weapons stowed in a safe.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #52
CJ7
Valued Poster

wow ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #53
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

That was my impression also. I'm fixing to go like your post since there was no blood-spatter rage in it.

Edit: Done
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The thousands of random military roadblocks don't work in Mexico and there are a hell of a lot more drug dealers running the streets in Mexico. Why would it work on one lone gunman?
Have you been stopped at a lot of military roadblocks in Mexico?

You do realize, don't you, that there are places the Mexican Army will not go in Mexico?

The shooter in Connecticut would have been "stopped" prior to entering the campus/facility had a perimeter been established to stop approaching traffic onto or into the campus area. "We" do it all over the place and have long before 911 ... there are good reasons besides "crazy shooters" for doing so .... to protect the children and staff looking after the educational needs of the children.

Why is it that we need to establish "perimeters" around ... military bases and we don't need them for schools where relatively helpless, unarmed children must remain for hours and days on end?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #55
CJ7
Valued Poster

certain people with certain political ideas are against spending $ to further education... entitlement $ for a perimiter around a school thats not wanted in the first place?

ooook.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
certain people with certain political ideas are against spending $ to further education... entitlement $ for a perimiter around a school thats not wanted in the first place?

ooook.
Maybe we could cut back on math and science in order to put up those perimeter towers...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #57
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Have you been stopped at a lot of military roadblocks in Mexico?
Totally. All the time. They are looking for arms and drugs. IMHO, they are looking in the wrong place LOL. They are extremely polite and professional, but they are to a one carrying an automatic rifle, a pistol, wearing Kevlar and there's always at least one assault vehicle present. Mexico is in a civil war.

Quote:
You do realize, don't you, that there are places the Mexican Army will not go in Mexico?

Can you blame them. Here's a tidbit. The Mexican army is so compromised they use their marines and navy. You know you're safe the fewer soldiers with berets there are, because the officers wear berets. The officers are the ones that are bought. The foot soldiers and non-coms are not.

Quote:
The shooter in Connecticut would have been "stopped" prior to entering the campus/facility had a perimeter been established to stop approaching traffic onto or into the campus area. "We" do it all over the place and have long before 911 ... there are good reasons besides "crazy shooters" for doing so .... to protect the children and staff looking after the educational needs of the children.

Why is it that we need to establish "perimeters" around ... military bases and we don't need them for schools where relatively helpless, unarmed children must remain for hours and days on end?

I thought you were talking about random road blocks. We could do what you suggest, but who's and how are we going to pay for it. There should have been at least one off duty officer or school district officer on campus IMO.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #58
CJ7
Valued Poster

just limit education to 6th grade

snark~
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #59
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
We could do what you suggest, but who's and how are we going to pay for it. There should have been at least one off duty officer or school district officer on campus IMO.
#1: If we want a cost-benefit analysis we have to factor in the value of those 27 souls and the pain, anguish, and suffering of their loved ones, plus the expense of relocation, cleaning, investigating, mental health treatment on the survivors, and the man-hours and materiel expended on responding, securing, investigating, and cleaning up after the mess.

More importantly we have to factor in the millions of school age children who are frightened to leave their parents and the safety of their home BEFORE Connecticut and now add their fears to the ones' who just got over it ... as to their security of being safe and feeling safe while they are supposed to be focusing on education. We now have teachers in the same plight .. tasked with teaching them and making them feel safe while needing to be safe themselves. Such "damages" are impossible to quantify and to assign a dollar value to them.

My focus is on the children .... how much is our future worth?

#2: Have you heard the saying:
"On ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?

#3: Minimum of 2 officers and one to "man" the monitoring system console with dispatch and communications capability in a safe room.

I will give you a politically charged example .. in 1996 VP Gore submitted a report to the President that recommended changes for airline safety .. the projected price tag was about $100 billion dollars (actually a bit less). The changes may have well prevented 911 by the simple "hardening" of the flight deck .... How much has 911 cost this country? How much on the "first day" .... money, time, lives, production, etc., etc. How much division and conflict. The list is almost endless and the price almost incalculable.

And keep in mind that Clinton-Gore emerged with a "surplus" in the bank!!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #60
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

Quote:
just limit education to 6th grade

snark~
What does this even mean?

LL, I am very children-syntric. Ok so we put forth extream security matters at all schools. What about the malls, Luby's, universities, the movie theatres and everywhere else this type of thing has happened. What about Fort Hood. It's treating symptoms. The root cause is what needs to addressed, and I'm not sure what that is. Disenfranchisement is my best, first guess.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women