Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #46
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
That is like saying one objects to slavery laws and not to slave owners who used them. I object to eminent domain being used and then shipping the refined product out of country and getting a tax break to do so. I see no ' public good' in that. I'm really kinda shocked that you Tea Nuts do.
what?

you mix up so many issues i choose not to try further to deconstruct them

the nuances, which really are not nuances, are lost on you
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #47
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I did not mix up anything, I stated wtf I object too. There is more than one thing, sorry you can't keep up.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #48
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
I did not mix up anything, I stated wtf I object too. There is more than one thing, sorry you can't keep up.

errr..ok
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #49
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Here is a reason

let us break them down for you one by one...

http://priceofoil.org/2012/02/08/key...yer-subsidies/

When the work finishes later this year, this refinery will become the largest in the United States. It will have the capacity to process up to 325,000 barrels per day of heavy sour oil. The United States is not a significant producer of heavy sour oil. Countries that are expected to increase their production of this difficult-to-process crude include Canada (tar sands), Venezuela, Colombia, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait among others. So the subsidy received by this refinery is directly to enable the processing of a particularly dirty form of oil that is not produced in America.
Hmm, what was it pipeline proponents, including the owners of these refineries, were saying about reducing dependence on oil from hostile and unstable countries?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #50
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Refineries can change the type of oil they refine. Its not cheap, but doable. My guess is that the Bakkens find is heavy sour type crude or close to it. Most of the refineries in CA process heavy crude.

Govts offer tax incentives to win multi-billion dollar business. States do it to other states, nations do it to other nations.

As to the Domain lawsuit(s), most people were happily taking the money. As of last year, only a few actual landowners had filed proceedings. I guess in your opinion, the takers are happy slaves.

Your hatred of the TEA party further blinds you and your arguments are easily refuted.

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Refineries can change the type of oil they refine. Its not cheap, but doable. My guess is that the Bakkens find is heavy sour type crude or close to it. Most of the refineries in CA process heavy crude.

Govts offer tax incentives to win multi-billion dollar business. States do it to other states, nations do it to other nations.

As to the Domain lawsuit(s), most people were happily taking the money. As of last year, only a few actual landowners had filed proceedings. I guess in your opinion, the takers are happy slaves.

Your hatred of the TEA party further blinds you and your arguments are easily refuted.
Why do we have to offer a tax break? We are the one's that can process this shit!

Quote:
. Countries that are expected to increase their production of this difficult-to-process crude include Canada (tar sands), Venezuela, Colombia, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait among others. So the subsidy received by this refinery is directly to enable the processing of a particularly dirty form of oil that is not produced in America.
Hmm, what was it pipeline proponents, including the owners of these refineries, were saying about reducing dependence on oil from hostile and unstable countries?

Quote:

How do you know people were happily taking their money? Could you provide a link. How about I provide one showing the opposite. See below...

Quote:

Hate? i think they have it right on this issue. I think our posting Tea Nuts on eccie are the one's blinded by hate!

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_97...Printable=true
The latest obstacle to the Keystone XL oil pipeline project comes from tea partyers, much to the delight of
environmentalists

Medina said tea partyers are prepared to challenge Republican incumbents in primary elections over this issue.
T.J. Fabby is one such contender. He has made the eminent-domain issue a part of his campaign against state Rep. Jim Pitts, chairman of the state House Appropriations Committee. A spokesman for Pitts said the lawmaker doesn’t have a position on the pipeline yet but is a “big-time proponent” of private-property rights.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #52
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Fourth reason why the Keystone Pipeline should be built: to piss off WTF.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #53
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Main reason why the Keystone Pipeline should not be built: to piss of Turdyfly.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #54
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
LOL...not going to piss me off but it might some reasoned Texas Tea Party folks that believe in strong private property owners rights!

That will not apply to our local Tea Nut that post in this section. They have become silent on this issue. Where is COG , CC and the rest of our private propert advocates?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #55
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Why do we have to offer a tax break? We are the one's that can process this shit!

How do you know people were happily taking their money? Could you provide a link. How about I provide one showing the opposite. See below...

Hate? i think they have it right on this issue. I think our posting Tea Nuts on eccie are the one's blinded by hate!

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_97...Printable=true
The latest obstacle to the Keystone XL oil pipeline project comes from tea partyers, much to the delight of
environmentalists

Medina said tea partyers are prepared to challenge Republican incumbents in primary elections over this issue.
T.J. Fabby is one such contender. He has made the eminent-domain issue a part of his campaign against state Rep. Jim Pitts, chairman of the state House Appropriations Committee. A spokesman for Pitts said the lawmaker doesn’t have a position on the pipeline yet but is a “big-time proponent” of private-property rights.
Nope, its you doing the hating. So you found an year old article that some TEA partier challenged a guy. Like a politician from any party hasn't made Domain an issue ever. BFD. Yes, the vast majority of people will be happily cashing their checks. Tax incentives are offered to get billions of dollars worth of business. You really are this dense.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #56
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Like a politician from any party hasn't made Domain an issue ever. BFD. Yes, the vast majority of people will be happily cashing their checks. Tax incentives are offered to get billions of dollars worth of business. You really are this dense.
BFD? It isn't your land , right? Who cares if the government can take it without your permission. We have a Canadian Co that needs to sell oil to China! Build them a pipeline and oh btw let's give refineries they are doing business with a tax subsidy along the way!

So helping companies with tax incentives or loans is a-ok now with you, Solendra was hunky dory. Or are you just picking and choosing who you wish to treat better/worse?

Quote:
Nope, its you doing the hating. So you found an year old article that some TEA partier challenged a guy.
So you have found nothing to support your lie? No articles stating how happy private land owners are about Keystone's land grab.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cus&id=8557072

When we asked Hill why he's standing in their way, he replied, "I don't think I am. I've been willing to make a deal with a reasonable person, they just haven't shown me that person yet."
So the pipeline company took it and the county set a price -- all before Hill said yes, just as Texas law allows.
Once pipeline companies pick their route through Texas they have to buy rights to use the land. But if they can't reach a deal, Texas law allows pipeline companies to seize it using eminent domain. It isn't the government doing it -- they don't even need government permission -- it's a private company seizing someone else's private land to make private profits.
"It wasn't anytime at all before people started asking who are these SOBs? They come in like they own the place," Hill said.
Hill isn't alone. Transcanada, which is already working in other parts of the country, says it's made deals with landowners for 99 percent of the Texas land it needs, but is still in court over eminent domain seizures with about two dozen Texas landowners. And while there's plenty of controversy over the pipeline, that's not Hill's problem.
He likes Big Oil. His father was once president of the Houston Oil and Houston Pipeline companies. He just thinks business was done better back then when deals were made outside of court.
"Maybe arrogance is catching -- like the flu or something like that," Hill said. "This is not something I want to do. I am 86 years old. My time is getting scarce."
The group 'We Texans' has scoured county courthouses across Texas and found at least 89 eminent domain cases. In our area, there are, or were, 13 in Jefferson County, five in Liberty County, and six in Polk County -- all in various stages. A recent state Supreme Court case may limit pipeline companies' ability to do this in the future.
- See more at: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se....xx0mLyw5.dpuf
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:55 AM   #57
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Where the fuc is COG and his anti government rant? Is he is busy defending some reporter that got his feelings hurt when the WH told him to go fuc himself! To damn busy to comment on private property owners losing their land to big business.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #58
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Farmers and ranchers can score thousands of dollars from a pipeline right-of- way, and they can still employ that land for raising crops and animals.

Right-of-Way Use

What are my rights as a landowner with respect to using the land where the pipeline crosses it?

The pipeline company has thousands of easements that have been prepared over several decades so not all easements read the same. In the U.S., you can acquire a copy of your easement from your county/parish office of records to see the specific terms of your easement. In Canada, you can acquire a copy of your easement from your local land titles office or government agent.

Generally, no buildings or trees are allowed within the right-of-way but roads and sidewalks are usually allowed to cross the right-of-way. Shrubs and bushes less than 4 feet in height are allowed within the pipeline right-of-way but Spectra Energy does not normally pay for damages to such landscaping if they are damaged during maintenance or construction activities. Seasonal crops may be planted over the company's pipelines. [Ranchers grazing animals is also permitted.]

http://www.spectraenergy.com/Operations/Pipeline-FAQs/
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #59
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Farmers and ranchers can score thousands of dollars from a pipeline right-of- way, and they can still employ that land for raising crops and animals.

Right-of-Way Use

What are my rights as a landowner with respect to using the land where the pipeline crosses it?

The pipeline company has thousands of easements that have been prepared over several decades so not all easements read the same. In the U.S., you can acquire a copy of your easement from your county/parish office of records to see the specific terms of your easement. In Canada, you can acquire a copy of your easement from your local land titles office or government agent.

Generally, no buildings or trees are allowed within the right-of-way but roads and sidewalks are usually allowed to cross the right-of-way. Shrubs and bushes less than 4 feet in height are allowed within the pipeline right-of-way but Spectra Energy does not normally pay for damages to such landscaping if they are damaged during maintenance or construction activities. Seasonal crops may be planted over the company's pipelines. [Ranchers grazing animals is also permitted.]

http://www.spectraenergy.com/Operations/Pipeline-FAQs/
Don't get me wrong IB, I would probably do it too.

I grew up in Mont Belvieu (pipelines every where) and my best friends' Mom and sister were involved in a pipeline explosion and it took much litigation for them to get what they thought they deserved. In fact they did not get what they thought they deserved. So it is not all hunky dory.

Have you ever tried to defelop a piece of land with a pipeline running down the middle of it?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Don't get me wrong IB, I would probably do it too.

I grew up in Mont Belvieu (pipelines every where) and my best friends' Mom and sister were involved in a pipeline explosion and it took much litigation for them to get what they thought they deserved. In fact they did not get what they thought they deserved. So it is not all hunky dory.

Have you ever tried to defelop a piece of land with a pipeline running down the middle of it?
I have first hand experience working around pipelines, derricks and plants -- summer and winter jobs during my high school and college days. It's all dangerous but so is farming.

Scores of farmers and farm hands are injured and killed every year by the machines, e.g., combines, thrashers, etc., they use. I know a farmer that was struck twice by lightning as he was plowing his fields using an uncovered tractor. The strikes were years apart, and he was seriously hurt the first time, but the second time crippled him for life. There have been instances where French farmers were injured or killed when they plowed up artillery shells and pockets of trapped gas from WWI. Most professions have their hazards: some more than others.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women