Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48373
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE3772 View Post
I'm not talking about Options and Futures derivative transactions. I'm talking about non reportable Over The Counter derivative contracts that were illegal from 1936 - 1982. Credit Default Swaps, Structured Investment Vehicles and Synthetic Collateralized Debt Obligations. These private contracts are not taxed and the banks are not required to report them on their balance sheets. 1.5 quadrillion worth of derivatives. A 1% Tobin Tax. Also illegal Wash Trades. Where through High Frequency Trading contracts are bought and sold simultaneously. If the Credit Default Swaps are not banned in the future they will destroy the US T Bonds.
I agree with you that CDSs and various other types of structured vehicles continue to pose serious systemic risks to the financial system, and have long argued that the crafters of Dodd-Frank should have paid more attention to this issue instead of cranking out 2,300 pages of arcane, virtually worthless legalese that fails to effectively address the most critical issues.

But my point was essentially that a "Tobin tax", or any similar transactions tax levied at sufficient rates as to collect aggregate revenues greater than a fraction of one percent of GDP, would simply cause affected trading activity to dry up or move elsewhere. Disincentivization of most of that type of activity would, in my opinion, not be a bad thing. (In fact, I think it would in many respects be an unambiguously good thing!)

It's just that it's a fantasy to believe that you could make much of a dent in the deficit by imposing this type of tax.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #47
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Dilbert, please read up on the FairTax. How could politicians ever play with the prebate the way they play with the income tax? It's not possible.
all they have to do is play off the percentages of the prebate, how high or low it will be. btw, this fair tax idea was written by a congressman who iis/was an insider of washington politics.

other problem I have with it is that you need to keep the receipts in order to get the prebates.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Where in the hell are you getting your information? Keep the receipts? Bullshit. The same prebate goes to everyone. It's designed to cover any tax paid on items up to the poverty level. That way, no one at the poverty level or below pays any tax.

Dilbert, you really need to read up on this. The FairTax was written by a team, and vetted by hundred of economists. Do you really think the income tax is better or more fair than the FairTax? You have your facts all wrong You need to learn what it really is.

www.fairtax.org
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #49
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

i read the book
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

There is nothing in the book about keeping receipts. Or that the law was written by an insider for the benefit of insiders. Which book did you read?

Here's an explanation of the prebate:

http://www.fairtax.org/PDF/PrebateExplained2012.pdf
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women