Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41545
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 04-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #4666
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
What does NE know? Why have JFF visit when you have the 29th pick of the draft? Are they willing to trade all the way up to #1? That's the only way they could be assured of getting JFF. Perhaps they are looking to trade up to top ten and think JFF might still be there and want to know something about him in case he happened to be there. Either way they would be looking to trade up.

Is it possible that BOB has asked Belichick to interview him for a second opinion. From what I've heard players are not allowed to work out at the NFL facilities so these visits are not workouts but more like interviews.
Belichek prolly thinks one of these guys is going to drop. It's happened regularly. Marino, Rodgers, Mallet, Geno Smith. He's not trading up, at least not the top ten. Cost is too high. If they drop close, or to 29 he may see some value. He still needs a stud reciever or LB more than a backup QB. Maybe Mallet is on the block. Wouldn't suprise me he trades him to BOB.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #4667
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Belichek prolly thinks one of these guys is going to drop. It's happened regularly. Marino, Rodgers, Mallet, Geno Smith. He's not trading up, at least not the top ten. Cost is too high. If they drop close, or to 29 he may see some value. He still needs a stud reciever or LB more than a backup QB. Maybe Mallet is on the block. Wouldn't suprise me he trades him to BOB.
I see your point but once every ten years doesn't make it regularly.
Maybe we can trade the #1 pick for Brady
boardman is online now   Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #4668
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Or Brady & Belichick.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #4669
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I see your point but once every ten years doesn't make it regularly.
Geno Smith was projected as the top QB and a first round pick, so was Mallet, it happens more often than every 10 years. This years QB class has lots of question marks and other positions that grade out higher. It's very possible one of these guys will drop.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #4670
BigLouie
Valued Poster

The fact that the Texans are "trying hard" to trade the first pick and finding no takers within reason is a pretty good sign of just how hard it is to trade the #1 when there is no clear cut #1. Everyone on various web pages is screaming "trade down" but as shown, it is just not that easy and one reason it has not been done for over 10 years. IMHO trading down to 9th would be a huge mistake.

That being said the only move that makes sense is to take Clowney #1 and then a QB with #2. Now if one of the top three drop you might see the Texans trade up to grab one but there is also speculation that Texans are looking at Tom Savage of Pittsburgh with #2 pick. Big kid with really strong arm.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #4671
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
The fact that the Texans are "trying hard" to trade the first pick and finding no takers within reason is a pretty good sign of just how hard it is to trade the #1 when there is no clear cut #1. Everyone on various web pages is screaming "trade down" but as shown, it is just not that easy and one reason it has not been done for over 10 years. IMHO trading down to 9th would be a huge mistake.

That being said the only move that makes sense is to take Clowney #1 and then a QB with #2. Now if one of the top three drop you might see the Texans trade up to grab one but there is also speculation that Texans are looking at Tom Savage of Pittsburgh with #2 pick. Big kid with really strong arm.
Savage started for Rutgers as a freshman, he was touted as a pro prospect then. He bounced sound some and ended up at Pitt. He's a sleeper. I wouldn't mind if the Steelers grabbed him.Landry Jones sucks.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #4672
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Yes, Landry Jones sucks ass...I never understood that pick
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #4673
Guest040616
Account Disabled

I am still on the trade down and pick up extra picks bandwagon. I do not pay much attention to other teams not willing to make a trade a full month before the draft. I believe there is still plenty of time for various trade scenarios to develop. Even if it does not, we are in an enviable position with the #1 and #33 selections in this years draft. For all practical purposes, even if we stay put, we will get two picks that will probably be in the top 25 on the Texans draft board. They say this is an extraordinary year for talent and hopefully we will come out of this draft with 3-5 very talented football players.

If we do hold on to the #1 pick, I am more in favor of taking the premier pass rusher in the draft (Mack or Clowney) with the first pick and then selecting the top quarterback on the board with our 2nd selection, whenever that might be. I understand there is a fairly good possibility that the Texans will want to use their first pick on a QB and I am also ok with that, as long as they feel that whomever they select is a can't miss prospect. I don't believe we can afford to use our #1 pick on a player, especially a quarterback, who will end up being anything less than an outstanding football player for many years to come.

If they do use the #1 pick on a quarterback, I hope it will be Johnny Football. I believe he has a tremendous amount of potential and MAY (I repeat MAY) one day be an outstanding qb in this league. With that said, I am not yet convinced that he is a can't miss prospect. There is still a possibility that I could change my mind between now and draft day, but at this point in time I am not fully on board the Johnny Football bandwagon. If the Texans are on his bandwagon, it really doesn't matter what I believe. He will then be our QB of the future and I will wish him nothing less than the very best.

That's just the way I roll!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #4674
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

If there was a QB in this year's draft that had Johnny Manziel's athletic ability , Bortles Physical size and strength plus Kenny Bridewater's football IQ then you would have your franchise QB but since there isn't one .
I wouldn't take either of them in the draft with the first pick .
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #4675
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Savage started for Rutgers as a freshman, he was touted as a pro prospect then. He bounced sound some and ended up at Pitt. He's a sleeper. I wouldn't mind if the Steelers grabbed him.Landry Jones sucks.
The problem I have with Savage is that he is a quitter. When things were not going well he quit and left not one but two programs. Do you want someone who is type A like Johnny or someone like Savage who turned tail and ran the first time everything was not handed to him.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #4676
Guest082824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carkido45 View Post
If there was a QB in this year's draft that had Johnny Manziel's athletic ability , Bortles Physical size and strength plus Kenny Bridewater's football IQ then you would have your franchise QB but since there isn't one .
I wouldn't take either of them in the draft with the first pick .
FML...I agree with carkido45
Guest082824 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #4677
carkido45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Plenty of Skilled pass Rushers in round two and three like .
Marcus Smith 14.5 sacks last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBbKM2LfXw

Trent Murphy 15.0 sacks last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMx35rVhmvk
carkido45 is offline   Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #4678
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
The problem I have with Savage is that he is a quitter. When things were not going well he quit and left not one but two programs. Do you want someone who is type A like Johnny or someone like Savage who turned tail and ran the first time everything was not handed to him.
I didn't say he was a 1st rounder, but a sleeper. I saw him play at Rutgers and this year at Pitt. He has most of the tools that a pro QB needs. You have a bad habit of labeling people quiters, like Clowney. Mallet left Michigan after RichRod was named coach, same with Savage at Arizona. They don't fit that offense. He made what he says was a "bad decision" to leave Rutgers. He was benched after a couple injuries and he didn't get along with Schiano. He would be a good mid round pick. He's 6'5", 230lbs with a cannon. Could really flourish in the right situation.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...iggest-sleeper
Old 04-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #4679
Guest040616
Account Disabled

The General's 2nd Mock Draft has now been posted on the Houston Chronicle webpage. In the first mock, he thought the Texans would use the first pick in the draft to take Blake Bortles. In the 2nd Mock he changed it to Johnny Football.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ock-draft-2-0/
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 AM   #4680
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
The General's 2nd Mock Draft has now been posted on the Houston Chronicle webpage. In the first mock, he thought the Texans would use the first pick in the draft to take Blake Bortles. In the 2nd Mock he changed it to Johnny Football.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ock-draft-2-0/
John McClain is laughably wrong about the draft. If you follow their Tweeter feeds on draft day John is always posting "Missed on that one" while Lance is hitting on all of his.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women