Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60543
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48519
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42040
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #451
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Yet again it's no sense of me debating with you because you can't debate in a logical manner- if there was a debate going on and you had one person who believed in creation vs evolution and let's say the scientist who believed in evolution was presenting his case and the person who believed in creation started saying: bullshit- all those fossils are fake- all those findings are lies and by deranged mad scientist- whom do you think will lose credibility?
You can't write a single, complete sentence that makes any sense and yet you tell me I can't debate in a logical manner.

Your rambling nonsense resembles throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

You didn't respond to 90% of what was in my last answer, but you did manage to throw in a bunch of nonsense about jaguars in Brazil and John Glenn. Can you post a link where John Glenn said anything about seeing UFOs when he was in space?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #452
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
You can't write a single, complete sentence that makes any sense and yet you tell me I can't debate in a logical manner.

Your rambling nonsense resembles throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

You didn't respond to 90% of what was in my last answer, but you did manage to throw in a bunch of nonsense about jaguars in Brazil and John Glenn. Can you post a link where John Glenn said anything about seeing UFOs when he was in space?
How do I respond to someone who thinks that anyone who believes opposite what you believe is lying, drunk, or on drugs? I guess these guys were lying as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSciMFcmko

Also do some research and learn how the and why the National security council was created- it was primarily the result of Roswell. Also, you have already admitted that there are numerous stars/ galaxies, etc- so in your mind even though there are billions of stars- many other galaxies with planets- yet only little ole earth has intelligent life? LMFAO- even the most skeptical scientist would believe that chances are we are certainly not alone. Learn how to debate instead- of he's lying- they l drunk- how come I never seen one- etc
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #453
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
How do I respond to someone who thinks that anyone who believes opposite what you believe is lying, drunk, or on drugs? I guess these guys were lying as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSciMFcmko

Also do some research and learn how the and why the National security council was created- it was primarily the result of Roswell. Also, you have already admitted that there are numerous stars/ galaxies, etc- so in your mind even though there are billions of stars- many other galaxies with planets- yet only little ole earth has intelligent life? LMFAO- even the most skeptical scientist would believe that chances are we are certainly not alone. Learn how to debate instead- of he's lying- they l drunk- how come I never seen one- etc
If it's impossible to travel faster than light, which is what Einstein believed, the universe could be full of intelligent life that we will never encounter. We may have to travel for a thousand years at the speed of light to get to the nearest planet with intelligent life.

We may not be alone and it may not matter.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #454
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Also, you have already admitted that there are numerous stars/ galaxies, etc- so in your mind even though there are billions of stars- many other galaxies with planets- yet only little ole earth has intelligent life? LMFAO- even the most skeptical scientist would believe that chances are we are certainly not alone.
If there was life on other planets, wouldn't the Bible have mentioned this? Or do they have their own God?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #455
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Given the sheer size of our universe, I think it's pretty much a certainty that there exists life elsewhere.

Now whether or not they've reached Earth or not remains to be debated.

As for ghosts and demonic possession, I admit the possibility does exist, but I don't believe there has been nearly enough evidence to definitively prove their existence yet.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #456
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Doove? You were doing so well and then you had to open your mouth. Everyone knows that there is a bible for every planet. What are you? Some kind of an elitest?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #457
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:

You're an idiot. I never said there NO life in the universe. Stop putting words in my mouth. That's a cheap tactic that indicates YOU do not know how to debate.

I said there have been NO alien visits to earth - or at least no proof of it. And the reason for that is that the "witnesses" are either liars, druggies or - occasionally - normal people who simply misperceived something.

I'm not going to watch that whole 15 minute video link, but from the parts I skimmed, it sounded like the officers were reporting what someone ELSE saw. One officer said that 3 airmen reporting seeing lights in the woods and saw a triangular craft that was 3 meters on a side. That is barely 10 feet. How could something that small be an interstellar space ship? How about a drone (man-made)?

And Joe Bloe got to the truth of it. Even traveling at the speed of light, it would take you 4.2 YEARS to get to the nearest star (Proxima Centauri) - a distance of 4.2 light years..

But that doesn't even account for how long it would take to accelerate to the speed of light. If you accelerated at one g-force constantly (i.e., the force of gravity) it would take you 354 DAYS to accelerate to the speed of light. That is almost a year just to reach the speed of light. And in that time period, you will only cover one-half of a light year. Then, at the opposite end, you have to reverse the process. It will take you another 354 days of decelerating, during which time you will cover 1/2 light years.

So, to get to the NEAREST star, it will take you 5.2 years, not 4.2 years, due to the accelerating and decelerating. Even if you accelerated and decelerated at twice the force of gravity (which would make you nauseous), you would still spend 4.7 years traveling.

None of this accounts for the phenomenal amount of fuel required to accelerate and then decelerate constantly for a year just to get there. And, of course, they would need the same amount of fuel to get home. So the engines would have to be massive just to accelerate that much fuel mass at the 9.8 meters/second rate of gravity. So the spacecraft would have to be immense just to deliver a tiny payload.

But, in reality, you cannot get to the speed of light because as an object gets closer to the speed of light, its mass increases. As it gets infinitesimally closer to the speed of light (99.999%), the mass increases towards infinity. That means it gets harder and harder to accelerate the object (i.e., its heavier). That is why you cannot ever get to the speed of light. So, MAYBE, you can accelerate to and decelerate from one-half of the speed of light. But now your 5.2 year journey to the nearest star is well over 10 years and that is in just ONE direction. The return trip is another 10+ years.

This doesn't even address the problem of how an alien race would know we were here in the first place. They would have to detect our radio waves, which we have only be transmitting for about a century. So the only aliens that could detect us would have to live within 100 light years of us.

But if they were so advanced that they could build a spaceship that could get here, they also would have been transmitting radio waves even longer than us - more than a century ago. So, we would have detected their radio waves by now and WE WOULD KNOW THEY EXIST ALREADY. But we haven't detected any such radio waves, so that means there aren't any advanced civilizations within 100 light years of us. But that probably rules out only a few dozen stars.

However, since our radio waves have only traveled about 100 light years, that means our radio waves have NOT yet reached any advanced civilizations that are more than 100 light years away.

So, if an alien spaceship actually DID reach earth, then it found us strictly by blind luck. There might be intelligent life located near one out of every 100,000 stars. What are the odds they hit us by blind luck?

And why would an alien civilization ever incur the phenomenal costs of building such a massive space ship, just to send it out into space at random and HOPE it finds something. It would take any such alien space ship over a century to get here and therefore take over a century to get home. So the trip is a one way trip for the aliens on board.

If it were humans, they would have to spend a couple of centuries away from earth - assuming they could get anywhere near the speed of light, which they cannot. So, it would be more like 4 or 5 centuries away from earth. Although time would slow down for them at say, one half the speed of light, they would still experience a couple of generations - maybe a century - on board the ship. So the humans on board would have to breed another generation on board, raise them inside a ship, and train them to be astronauts.

Who knows? Maybe they could deep freeze the humans on board and wake them up 2 or 3 centuries later when they get near an interesting star where there may be some life. But you still have to build a space ship and freezer units and all of the other equipment that will last for 500 years without breaking down. Or carry spares for everything - which make the space ship REALLY big and heavy. A lot bigger than 3 meters on a side.

You will spend your entire life cooped up in a ship with a high likelihood of dying without ever returning to earth. If you DID somehow get back, everyone you know will have been dead for centuries.

The point is, this is an impossible undertaking, so no one would do it. Not even the aliens. It is a huge cost for an almost non-existent reward. What nation or group of nations is going to spend 10 of trillions of dollars to build an enormous space ship that will disappear for 500 years or more and MAYBE come back and announce they found something like moss on a remote planet?

We are marooned here forever. And the aliens are marooned on their planets.

And those are my science-based reasons for saying there have NEVER been alien visits to earth and probably never will be.

What do you have? Unexplained "paranormal" events and ghost sightings? From celebrities who have no reason to lie? Do you really think you are involved in a debate?
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #458
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I think the "Ancient Alien" guys have the answer! About 50,000 years ago aliens used genetic engineering to alter the most promising species on earth in order to make a race intelligent enough to be useful as slave labor. Which also explains the overwhelming "need" to "worship" some sort of deity(s).

Ever since then the natural, evolutionary forces of natures have steadily decreased our intelligence, bringing the human race back in line with normal baseline evolution. We are living the screenplay for "Idiocracy", and have the POSITOO as proof.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #459
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
Given the sheer size of our universe, I think it's pretty much a certainty that there exists life elsewhere.

Now whether or not they've reached Earth or not remains to be debated.

As for ghosts and demonic possession, I admit the possibility does exist, but I don't believe there has been nearly enough evidence to definitively prove their existence yet.
If you're looking for evidence of demonic possession, you really don't have to look further than Assup.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #460
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
I think the "Ancient Alien" guys have the answer! About 50,000 years ago aliens used genetic engineering to alter the most promising species on earth in order to make a race intelligent enough to be useful as slave labor. Which also explains the overwhelming "need" to "worship" some sort of deity(s).

Ever since then the natural, evolutionary forces of natures have steadily decreased our intelligence, bringing the human race back in line with normal baseline evolution. We are living the screenplay for "Idiocracy", and have the POSITOO as proof.
In Kurt Vonnegut's book "The Sirens of Titan," an ET from the planet Tralfamadore crash landed on Earth two hundred thousand years ago. The Tralfamadorians have been manipulating events behind the scenes so that the Human race will become sufficiently advanced to make replacement parts for his spaceship, so he can go home.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #461
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Doove? You were doing so well and then you had to open your mouth. Everyone knows that there is a bible for every planet. What are you? Some kind of an elitest?
The white robots were foot soldiers of the planet Krikkit, a small planet surrounded by a huge dust cloud. The people of Krikkit were a peace loving people who, because the dust cloud obscured their view of the sky, believed they were completely alone in the universe.

When a derelict spaceliner, the starship "Titanic": built as one of the first experimental ships to be powered by a prototype of the Infinite Improbability drive, crashed onto Krikkit the people of Krikkit realized that they were not alone.

Using reverse engineering, they built a ship which took them beyond the Dust Cloud, into the starry, inky blackness of the infinite universe beyond. Upon seeing this infinite universe, the people of Krikkit decided that, "It will have to go!"

Overnight the whole population of Krikkit was transformed from being charming, delightful, intelligent, whimsical ordinary people, into charming, delightful, intelligent, whimsical, manical xenophobes. The succeeding destruction, Slartibartfast told Ford and Arthur, was long and violent and came to be known as the "Krikkit Wars".

The wars were finally won, and the people of Krikkit contained, when His High Judgmental Supremacy, Judiciary Pag, L.I.V.R. (the Learned, Impartial and Very Relaxed), Chairman of the Board of Judges at the Krikkit War Crimes Trials sentenced them to be encased for perpetuity in a "slo-time" envelope, shut and closed by a lock placed on an asteroid slowly orbiting the envelope.

The English game of Cricket, on Earth, is a morbid echo of the memory of the Krikkit wars wherein Krikkit robots used bats to launch deadly, spherical grenades at alien peoples.

Life, The Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #462
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

You're a fucking loony.

AND, CHICKENSHIT OF THE YEAR!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #463
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

great series... for anyone who hasn't read it yet

Attachment 198767
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #464
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You're a fucking loony.

AND, CHICKENSHIT OF THE YEAR!
Loony!?!? You're the one that boast a dick-addled brain because you enjoy getting dick-hammered in the mouth in a Salina bus station and at the Southern Decadence Festival as "Mr T-S", Assup the jackass. That's why you were elected:

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #465
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
You're an idiot. I never said there NO life in the universe. Stop putting words in my mouth. That's a cheap tactic that indicates YOU do not know how to debate.

I said there have been NO alien visits to earth - or at least no proof of it. And the reason for that is that the "witnesses" are either liars, druggies or - occasionally - normal people who simply misperceived something.

I'm not going to watch that whole 15 minute video link, but from the parts I skimmed, it sounded like the officers were reporting what someone ELSE saw. One officer said that 3 airmen reporting seeing lights in the woods and saw a triangular craft that was 3 meters on a side. That is barely 10 feet. How could something that small be an interstellar space ship? How about a drone (man-made)?

And Joe Bloe got to the truth of it. Even traveling at the speed of light, it would take you 4.2 YEARS to get to the nearest star (Proxima Centauri) - a distance of 4.2 light years..

But that doesn't even account for how long it would take to accelerate to the speed of light. If you accelerated at one g-force constantly (i.e., the force of gravity) it would take you 354 DAYS to accelerate to the speed of light. That is almost a year just to reach the speed of light. And in that time period, you will only cover one-half of a light year. Then, at the opposite end, you have to reverse the process. It will take you another 354 days of decelerating, during which time you will cover 1/2 light years.

So, to get to the NEAREST star, it will take you 5.2 years, not 4.2 years, due to the accelerating and decelerating. Even if you accelerated and decelerated at twice the force of gravity (which would make you nauseous), you would still spend 4.7 years traveling.

None of this accounts for the phenomenal amount of fuel required to accelerate and then decelerate constantly for a year just to get there. And, of course, they would need the same amount of fuel to get home. So the engines would have to be massive just to accelerate that much fuel mass at the 9.8 meters/second rate of gravity. So the spacecraft would have to be immense just to deliver a tiny payload.

But, in reality, you cannot get to the speed of light because as an object gets closer to the speed of light, its mass increases. As it gets infinitesimally closer to the speed of light (99.999%), the mass increases towards infinity. That means it gets harder and harder to accelerate the object (i.e., its heavier). That is why you cannot ever get to the speed of light. So, MAYBE, you can accelerate to and decelerate from one-half of the speed of light. But now your 5.2 year journey to the nearest star is well over 10 years and that is in just ONE direction. The return trip is another 10+ years.

This doesn't even address the problem of how an alien race would know we were here in the first place. They would have to detect our radio waves, which we have only be transmitting for about a century. So the only aliens that could detect us would have to live within 100 light years of us.

But if they were so advanced that they could build a spaceship that could get here, they also would have been transmitting radio waves even longer than us - more than a century ago. So, we would have detected their radio waves by now and WE WOULD KNOW THEY EXIST ALREADY. But we haven't detected any such radio waves, so that means there aren't any advanced civilizations within 100 light years of us. But that probably rules out only a few dozen stars.

However, since our radio waves have only traveled about 100 light years, that means our radio waves have NOT yet reached any advanced civilizations that are more than 100 light years away.

So, if an alien spaceship actually DID reach earth, then it found us strictly by blind luck. There might be intelligent life located near one out of every 100,000 stars. What are the odds they hit us by blind luck?

And why would an alien civilization ever incur the phenomenal costs of building such a massive space ship, just to send it out into space at random and HOPE it finds something. It would take any such alien space ship over a century to get here and therefore take over a century to get home. So the trip is a one way trip for the aliens on board.

If it were humans, they would have to spend a couple of centuries away from earth - assuming they could get anywhere near the speed of light, which they cannot. So, it would be more like 4 or 5 centuries away from earth. Although time would slow down for them at say, one half the speed of light, they would still experience a couple of generations - maybe a century - on board the ship. So the humans on board would have to breed another generation on board, raise them inside a ship, and train them to be astronauts.

Who knows? Maybe they could deep freeze the humans on board and wake them up 2 or 3 centuries later when they get near an interesting star where there may be some life. But you still have to build a space ship and freezer units and all of the other equipment that will last for 500 years without breaking down. Or carry spares for everything - which make the space ship REALLY big and heavy. A lot bigger than 3 meters on a side.

You will spend your entire life cooped up in a ship with a high likelihood of dying without ever returning to earth. If you DID somehow get back, everyone you know will have been dead for centuries.

The point is, this is an impossible undertaking, so no one would do it. Not even the aliens. It is a huge cost for an almost non-existent reward. What nation or group of nations is going to spend 10 of trillions of dollars to build an enormous space ship that will disappear for 500 years or more and MAYBE come back and announce they found something like moss on a remote planet?

We are marooned here forever. And the aliens are marooned on their planets.

And those are my science-based reasons for saying there have NEVER been alien visits to earth and probably never will be.

What do you have? Unexplained "paranormal" events and ghost sightings? From celebrities who have no reason to lie? Do you really think you are involved in a debate?
That's all well and good. But what if Einstein was wrong? If we can travel through worm holes, then all bets are off. Einstein's theories proved that Isaac Newton was fundamentally wrong, even though his theories had held for two hundred years. Odds are, Einstein's views of time and space don't get it completely right either. You can never rule anything out. In a hundred years we may be zipping around the universe like the Starship Enterprise.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women