Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
rodog44
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney embarrassed the United States, and himself, by going to London and insulting the British in advance of the Olympics, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Thursday evening.

"It's not good for us as a country -- it's not good for him -- but as a country to have somebody that's nominated by one of the principal parties to go over and insult everybody," Reid said.

Romney, who takes great pride in heading the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, caused a media sensation Thursday when he said there were "disconcerting" signals that the British might not be prepared for the coming games.

Reid, in an interview with The Huffington Post, said he didn't understand how Romney could have made such a blunder, and had advice for the GOP hopeful the next time he visits an Olympic Games.

"I think I would have thought up this on my own and not [have to rely] on the staff," said Reid. "I would go there and I would say, 'They have done a remarkably good job. I know how they have been hurt with the economy. But they have done this. I have done it myself. It's so hard to do, and they have done a remarkably good job.' That's what they should have done. He would have been cheered and not have the mayor, before 60,000 people, belittle one of our major party nominees. And that's what the mayor did."

A Romney spokeswoman did not return a request for comment.

Romney also duffed his first foreign trip as the presumptive GOP nominee by revealing that he held a secret meeting with British intelligence about the games. His disastrous performance is being chronicled minute by minute on Twitter with a hashtag dedicated to him -- #RomneyShambles.

Conservative British Prime Minister David Cameron mocked Romney in his rebuttal. "We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course, it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere," he said, referring to Salt Lake City.
LOU, How is it imbarrassing to tell the truth. This is political correctness run amuck, you idiot
rodog44 is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Obamoworshippers will squirm like worms on a hot rock when the truth comes out...maggots
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
rodog44
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
And you'd, of course, be wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ay-London.html

"Later on, Romney told donors at a fundraiser (tickets had been slashed from $25,000 to $10,000 during the day) that he was 'looking forward to the bust of Winston Churchill being in the Oval Office again'.

The problem with that applause line is that the Jacob Epstein bust was a personal loan from Britain to President George W. Bush made in July 2001 for the duration of his presidency.

When Obama took over from Bush, the loan expired and he apparently showed no interest in extending it. The bust was returned to the Government Art Collection.

The whole issue, which has been used to portray Obama as anti-British, is a sore point for British diplomats, who view it as presumptuous for Romney to assume the bust would be loaned to him."

Moral of the story? When you rely on wing nut blogs for your foreign policy talking points, you end up looking like a fool.
You need come up out of the basement and turn off msnbc.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #34
rodog44
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, if by "back to Britain" you mean "to the Residency area of the White House outside the Treaty Room", then yeah, he sent it back to Britain.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/...ston-churchill

Wrong again doofus. There were 2 busts. The one in the oval office was sent back to the British embassy and now resides in the ambassadors home.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #35
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodog44 View Post
You need come up out of the basement and turn off msnbc.
In my best Clint Eastwood

You must have felt lucky, punk. Clint Eastwood off

Big mistake.

Yeah yeah, i was wrong on the details, but you wingnuts all got it wrong on substance.

The Churchill bust is still in the White House, and always has been.

Quote:
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #36
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodog44 View Post
Wrong again doofus. There were 2 busts. The one in the oval office was sent back to the British embassy and now resides in the ambassadors home.
From my link:

"Since my post on the fact that the bust of Winston Churchill has remained on display in the White House, despite assertions to the contrary, I have received a bunch of questions -- so let me provide some additional info. The White House has had a bust of Winston Churchill since the 1960’s. At the start of the Bush administration Prime Minister Blair lent President Bush a bust that matched the one in the White House, which was being worked on at the time and was later returned to the residence. The version lent by Prime Minister Blair was displayed by President Bush until the end of his Presidency. On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office, as is common practice at the end of every presidency. The original Churchill bust remained on display in the residence. The idea put forward by Charles Krauthammer and others that President Obama returned the Churchill bust or refused to display the bust because of antipathy towards the British is completely false and an urban legend that continues to circulate to this day."

So the wingnut position is that, because Obama doesn't have two Churchill busts in the White House, the British were supposed to be insulted by that. Do i have that right?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #37
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
And it's not like he tossed it in the trash. Like you say, it was a loan - meaning someone was going to have to return it, eventually.

And if an incoming Prime Minister returned a loaned bust of Abe Lincoln, i find it unfathomable that we would take offense to it.

I show you the same consideration you show others for the fact that "shit happens". Or haven't you noticed?

How about abysmal punctuation?
do you even have a job? you are on this board 24/7
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Well, if by "back to Britain" you mean "to the Residency area of the White House outside the Treaty Room", then yeah, he sent it back to Britain.

First, Doofus, the line you quoted is a headline from the Telegraph -- a British newspaper.

Second, the British Embassy in Washington D.C. IS recognized by international law as a sovereign and inviolable realm belonging to Great Britain. Wrap your pea-brain around that factoid, Doofus.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #39
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Mitt just really attended so he can watch his horse,then go to Israel and pucker up.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #40
icuminpeace
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

And he can charge the cost to his campaign instead of paying for the trip out of his own pocket.
icuminpeace is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #41
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
First, Doofus, the line you quoted is a headline from the Telegraph -- a British newspaper.

That you put in your post. So what's your point?

Quote:
Second, the British Embassy in Washington D.C. IS recognized by international law as a sovereign and inviolable realm belonging to Great Britain. Wrap your pea-brain around that factoid, Doofus.
Since when is the Residence Area, outside the Treaty Room of the WH part of the British Embassy?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
That you put in your post. So what's your point?

The point, Doofus, is at the top of your pointed little head. Your choice of pronouns is wrong, like most of the other shit you post.

Since when is the Residence Area, outside the Treaty Room of the WH part of the British Embassy?
Doofus, your cite @

. . . says this:

On January 20, 2009 -- Inauguration Day -- all of the art [including the bust by Sir Jacob Epstein] lent specifically for President Bush’s Oval Office was removed by the curator’s office. . .

The Churchill bust in question -- the work by Sir Jacob Epstein -- was removed to the British ambassadorial residence at the British Embassy in Washington DC:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...o-Britain.html

Since when, Doofus, did you begin believing that the Residence Area outside the Treaty Room of the White House, was located in the British Embassy?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #43
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Since when, Doofus, did you begin believing that the Residence Area outside the Treaty Room of the White House, was located in the British Embassy?
Since you seemed to be holding to the argument that there is no bust in the WH.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Since you seemed to be holding to the argument that there is no bust in the WH.
You are once again proven to be a liar, Doofus. Demonstrable fact: this entire issue centered on the Churchill bust created by Sir Jacob Epstein. That bust was rejected by Odumbo and was returned to the British government. That bust is now on display at the British ambassadorial residence in the British Embassy in Washington DC. Twist and turn, you wormy little jackass, you are again caught in a lie: Odumbo rejected the bust and it was returned to Great Britain.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #45
CJ7
Valued Poster

LOANED TO then returned back , not rejected you wormy jackass ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women