Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #31
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Only a lawyer of TTH's incapability can look at that chart, and say it proves that private schooling and home schooling are failures, while government schools are superior.
The numbers look pretty close to me.....public school numbers exceed or are quite close to private and home-schooled. I would have thought the private, catholic and home-schooled kids would have out-performed the public school kids by more significant margins given the pool.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #32
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
when I got my MBA, the best quote the Prof said, Harvard, when you only accept the best you only put out the best
You're a Harvard MBA or did your professor at Central Oklahomo say that on your first day of rithmetic....
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The numbers look pretty close to me.....public school numbers exceed or are quite close to private and home-schooled. I would have thought the private, catholic and home-schooled kids would have out-performed the public school kids by more significant margins given the pool.
Well said timpage.

I don't believe there's enough track record to prove any "trends" in home schooling, however.

Another question to be considered is why people choose to home school their kids? I can't imagine it's the kid's choice.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravo_123 View Post
What about Bush Jr.?
Or Obama, both Mr and Mrs?
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #35
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Or Obama, both Mr and Mrs?
Hah yeah - see, both sides can come together and bash Ivy League graduates!

============================== =====

Again, the data for the report itself seems to be pretty limited. From the looks of it, it was only a study of the student population of a single midwest university whose name wasn't even given out. Hardly an extensive study or data pool, I'd say.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Only a lawyer of TTH's incapability can look at that chart, and say it proves that private schooling and home schooling are failures, while government schools are superior.
Only a fool could do otherwise. Only the relatively prosperous can afford either private school or afford to have one parent not work and home school kids. Public schools have to take on all comers, including the most economically disadvantaged students, special education students, disciplinary head cases, etc. Private schools cherry pick. It's obvious that the statistically insignificant advantages shown in the chart are greatly overwhelmed when you look at the radically different populations the three types of schools deal with.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Well, then, TTH, I suppose you support vouchers so that poor people can compete for spots in the private schools that, for now, only the rich can afford. It's nice to know you are on our side, for once.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #38
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Here is an update on public schools:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/...s-cannot-read/

80% of NYC high school graduated cannot read well enough even for community colleges.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #39
BBW Katrina
A Fucking Amazon

User ID: 78431
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

That says something very significant and disheartening about the NYC School System.
BBW Katrina is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #40
Yssup Rider
BANNED

The whole voucher argument is bullshit and you know it. It's a device to enable angry people of non-color to get their kids away from the public school population and let taxpayers pay for them to do so.

It's a handout. an entitlement for sure. But when it's to help middle class people of non-color to put their kids in private (church) schools, it's a CONSERVATIVE right.

SNCK!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #41
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
The whole voucher argument is bullshit and you know it. It's a device to enable angry people of non-color to get their kids away from the public school population and let taxpayers pay for them to do so.

It's a handout. an entitlement for sure. But when it's to help middle class people of non-color to put their kids in private (church) schools, it's a CONSERVATIVE right.

SNCK!
I agree with you Yssup Ryder - albinos deserve to be held hostage by the public schools, also.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Only a fool could do otherwise. Only the relatively prosperous can afford either private school or afford to have one parent not work and home school kids. Public schools have to take on all comers, including the most economically disadvantaged students, special education students, disciplinary head cases, etc. Private schools cherry pick. It's obvious that the statistically insignificant advantages shown in the chart are greatly overwhelmed when you look at the radically different populations the three types of schools deal with.
What about private schools that have special scholarships for poor minorities, handicapped, etc?
Some private schools cater to the troubled...
From http://www.privateschoolreview.com/articles/61

Schools for Troubled Teens
Schools for troubled teens are often styled 'therapeutic' schools. Their students have been unable to succeed academically in regular schools. Perhaps discipline is a problem. Or the child has an eating disorder or is suicidal. The program at a therapeutic school tends to be highly structured so that a child learns how to cope. Some therapeutic schools deal with substance abuse issues. Children who are addicted to drugs and alcohol can find the professional help and counseling they need to change their lives. Other schools specialize in emotional growth issues.
Admission to these schools is on an 'as needed' basis. You won't have to wait until a certain date to admit your child. Some schools have minimum stays in order to ensure the effectiveness of their programs.

Schools for At Risk Teens
Several cities offer 'street schools' modeled after the highly successful Denver Street School. The Cristo del Rey model sponsored by the Jesuits offers another option for 'at risk' teens.

Schools for Special Needs
Special needs schools cover a wide range of learning issues. Everything from dyslexia to ADHD is dealt with by highly trained professionals. Schools such as The Forman School in Litchfield, Connecticut, are famous for their great results.

Be warned: alternative schools are not inexpensive. The one on one teaching which most of these schools use escalates the cost of educating a child. Is it worth it? Ask the satisfied graduates and their parents.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #43
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Non-color. Angry non-colored. Middle class people of non-color. It's a CONSERVATIVE right.

Well you covered a lot of bases there in just a few words.
Oh, and your premise is bullshit. Are there a lot of middle-class white kids evacuating public schools and vouchering into private catholic schools? Or a lot of black kids for that matter.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #44
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
The whole voucher argument is bullshit and you know it.
Here we go again with what you know that "we know".

It's a device to enable angry people of non-color to get their kids away from the public school population and let taxpayers pay for them to do so.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Is it really a handout if the middle class people of non-color are the ones who are paying the schools taxes to begin with? Aren't they just getting a piece of their own money back?
SNCK!
So, are you saying that you believe that ONLY white people will be allowed to get vouchers? I'm pretty sure that is illegal.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #45
Yssup Rider
BANNED

I believe it IS a bad thing as recommended. Public school systems will be left to rot while trying to service the majority of American student with reduced income. Vouchers will NOT pay for private tuition. So if you give therm to low income families it really won't matter, while the districts to which they send their kids will either wither and die or become straight welfare.

either way, it's bullshit, and I BELIEVE IT!

I also believe that we will be doing the next generation damage (not to mention our country) by allowing the "belief" system of private institutions dictate what our kids are taught and exposed to.

Resegregating our schools is tantamount to child abuse.

I believe that.

Your last question is asinine. I'll try and remember that I thought you were smarter than that beforehand.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women