Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Oh Brother!

Well we're both kind of last word in guys, so we do have something in common.

I bet you were reading the red letter edition of the bible.

You might want to skip the part where he is talking about plucking your eyes out
and cutting off your hands.
Naw, just tell me what Jesus would shoot and you can have the last word. Brand, model, and caliber
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #32
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Attachment 200228
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #33
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post

Thanks. But I'm waiting for Preacher Bo's opinion.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #34
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Naw, just tell me what Jesus would shoot and you can have the last word. Brand, model, and caliber
An M60 no doubt, Rambo style.

Really lay waste on those Scribes and Pharisees.

If you are thinking that Jesus is all peace and love all the time
you should read Revelations 19,20
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #35
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Jesus is the son of God, nothing less than a mini-gun will do.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Not wanting to protect your family with a weapon reminds me of Saving Private Ryan and Corporal Upham. He couldn't shoot the German so when the German left after killing a paratrooper he said hi to Upham. Imagine a guy asking if you believe in self defense and you say no. He goes okay and slaughters your family in front of you and then wishes you a good night when he leaves your house.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #37
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Not wanting to protect your family with a weapon reminds me of Saving Private Ryan and Corporal Upham. He couldn't shoot the German so when the German left after killing a paratrooper he said hi to Upham. Imagine a guy asking if you believe in self defense and you say no. He goes okay and slaughters your family in front of you and then wishes you a good night when he leaves your house.
Each to his own. Has not happened yet. WIll not happen. As stated in other threads, I do things in my daily life that will protect me from LIKELY causes of death.

What I've always found strange, for the most part, non gun owners accept gun owners decisions to own and carry guns. Yet most gun owners just can't believe that non gun owners are willing to accept the burden of going through life without a gun for "protection".
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #38
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
What I've always found strange, for the most part, non gun owners accept gun owners decisions to own and carry guns.
That's a bullshit statement. Non-gun owners have been trying to disarm gun owners for the last half-century.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #39
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
That's a bullshit statement. Non-gun owners have been trying to disarm gun owners for the last half-century.
Disagree 100%. There are a handful of people who would like to see no guns in anyone's hands. On the other side, there are a handful of people who want no limitations on what weapons a person can own and when and where they can carry them.

Unless you can prove differently, I will go with the premise that non gun owners want some gun laws but support a person's right to protect themselves.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #40
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

Good discussion; i've always been interested in this topicc since other than golf. target shooting has always been one of my favorite hobbies. I even did some hunting with a pistol (44 mag) back in the 60s.

Have a Colt 45 auto gold cup match and used it for years in competitive target shooting events. Bought it maybe 52-53 yrs ago...very accurate and dependable. Top quality. not sure whether they make em like that any more but from what i've read, Kimber and a few others probably do.

I dont carry concealed, but always liked to be armed while at home or driving. 9mm is no doubt effective in most cases, but I like the stoppingg power of the 45. Big heavy bullet! Probably more effective methos if you ever face a big guy hopped up on drugs.

Jackie s recommended revolvers, and I agree. Nothing wrong with simplicity and ruggedness. even for people well trained for semi auto.
WWII NavyVet is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #41
WWII NavyVet
Registered Member

One more thought:

When i traveled on business, my wife felt safer with a gun at home, but she had hardly ever shot any type of gun in her life. I didnt feel comfortable letting her handle semi auto but had a nice colt python 357 mag. Got some lighter .38 loads and took her to pracice at the range so she would feel comfortable with the weapon.

Don't know whether she would have risen to the occasion if a burglar had busted in, but she did feel safe and I was happy about that.
WWII NavyVet is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #42
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I don't know much about guns; but one of my favorites is a Ruger SP 101 (.357 DA spurless) for home protection....and pack it on road trips..........

I love the feel of that revolver.....My thinking is that if I am in a shoot out; I want something that is simple, reliable and powerful....the SP fits the bill.....also, 5 shots is plenty ( I hope) .

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Actually you do have it backwards. Non gun owners have characterized gun owners as unbalanced, cowboys, dangerous, mentally ill, wanna be snipers, bitter clingers, childish, scared, etc
Gun owners think of non gunners as.... well we don't think of them very much. What is being debated here is someone saying that I will not take a life to protect my life (nice deflection on your part but it failed) to which we gun owners say, I'll believe it when I see it. However, when someone says I won't use lethal force to protect my family we have to ask is that your right. After all you have a responsibility to protect your family despite your personal misgivings. Can you imagine if a policeman or soldier who decides that I can't in good conscience take a life even if it is to save the life according to the oath I swore. What are you doing here? If you don't believe in self protection then don't become a parent, a husband, or a wife. Be responsible for just yourself.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #44
timpage
Account Disabled

Some observations on the comments relating to the original topic:

1. Obviously, a long gun in a fighting caliber is always preferable to a handgun. But, none of my AR-15's or shotguns fit in the waistband of my pants and when you carry those into a grocery store, other customers tend to get nervous.

2. My OP wasn't intended to imply that I don't like .45 ACP. I own many. Things have gotten better in the last decade, but my experience has been that unless you purchase a high-end custom-type 1911 pistol, you are much much more likely to have problems with stoppages and general reliability than with an off-the-shelf Glock, SIG, Beretta or some of the other upper tier firearms. I've owned four Kimbers and only one of them functioned reliably out of the box. Even my Pro CDP, which is a product of the Kimber Custom Shop, required some tweaking in order to function reliably enough that I feel comfortable carrying it. On the other hand, every single Glock I've ever owned (G19, G21, G22, G27, G30, G36) goes bang every time I pull the trigger, right out of the box. Finally, safely and effectively using, maintaining and carrying a 1911 platform requires significantly more training and practice than a Glock, SIG or Beretta. Why do you think almost 70% of all US police departments carry Glocks? It's because a monkey can be trained to use one effectively in a minimal amount of time, they don't require much maintenance and they are virtually indestructible.

3. Ex-Nyer, if I want any shit outta you, I'll come up to North Dallas and squeeze your head.You're from fricking New York for god's sake. Let the Texas boys talk guns and stick to what you know about. I happen to like calling JD a dumbass every chance I get, and I notice he seems fond of insulting me gratuitously as well. Let us banter.

4. Revolvers are fine but they don't carry enough rounds, they take too long to reload, the most effective ones are too heavy and big to carry and they lack any sort of a safety.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #45
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
What is being debated here is someone saying that I will not take a life to protect my life (nice deflection on your part but it failed) to which we gun owners say, I'll believe it when I see it. However, when someone says I won't use lethal force to protect my family we have to ask is that your right. After all you have a responsibility to protect your family despite your personal misgivings. Can you imagine if a policeman or soldier who decides that I can't in good conscience take a life even if it is to save the life according to the oath I swore. What are you doing here? If you don't believe in self protection then don't become a parent, a husband, or a wife. Be responsible for just yourself.
You obviously look at life much differently than I do and that is your choice. As I said, gun owners such as yourself look down on those who choose not to own and/or carry a gun. See your statements highlighted in red. My 2 children grew up in a very nice home in a very nice community in NW Austin. Wanted for nothing. Went to excellent HSs and on to Rice and Baylor at our expense. Grew up to be fantastic young adults. AND ALL THIS WAS ACCOMPLISHED WITHOUT A GUN IN THE HOME.

So please don't tell me that either my life, my wife's life, or my children's lives would have been better with a gun in the home. I protected them, and will continue to protect them, just fine -- all without a gun in the home.

Why I don't own a gun is very simple. There is absolutely no need, in my opinion, for doing so. Once again, I totally accept, with little reservation, you choice in owning a gun to protect yourself.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women