Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #31
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Note in the article this paragraph:

“The baby boomers’ exit from the prime-aged workforce (with the highest participation rates) into the 55-years-and older age groups (with much lower participation rates) will ultimately lower the overall labor force participation rate, leading to a slowdown in the growth of the labor force."

So as the baby boomers get older they skew the numbers.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #32
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
(Notice you didn't deny majoring in Stalking at U of H.)
LLIdiot, please cite the Board Rule where I am obligated to deny a stupid and unsubstantiated allegation made by an Idiot Klan, errr Clan member. Truth be known, I merely gave the ridiculous remark the attention it so richly deserved. None!

Had you provided a link confirming that I actually majored in "Stalking at U of H," I would be more than happy to confirm or deny. Whatever the case might be!

In the real world, (not Idiotville world) the person who makes the (thus far unsubstantiated) allegation should provide the actual proof in order to back up his (thus far unsubstantiated) claim.

Where's the friggin link, Idiot?

Otherwise, STFU!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #33
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default FACT JACK!

Absolute Baloney. But if you have a link to facts and figures to backup your bullshit claim, then post it. Otherwise, STFU.

In the meantime, let me post the real data from the US BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics for your dummies). It clearly shows the labor force rate participation increasing since 1964; then dramatically sliding down starting in 2008 and continuing the rapid decline thru the Obama phony
"recovery."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
What you are seeing is the result of 40-50 years of business trying to generate more profit with few employees. That is what the whole TQM movement is about. Better quality with less people means more profit. I use to have a neighbor what worked for a firm that location oil rigs with radio location. There was an entire industry with a large number of employees. When GPS locators became commercially available that entire industry ceased to exist in a single day. At my company we calculated that we could double our sales and not have to add a single person. This is how you have companies with record profits and 10% of the population not able to find work. Nothing any president can do about it.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
So as the baby boomers get older they skew the numbers.
There are "baby boomers" who have reached retirement age, were terminated, and have elected not to waste their time seeking a replacement job when they can exercise their option for retirement if they are "vested" and of age to do so.

There are also "baby boomers" who, for individual reasons, do not find it necessary to seek a full time job (kids grown, educated, and gone), but find part time or contract (self-employment) work to replace some of the income they have lost.

Finally there are "baby boomers," who lost their jobs and have gone into business for themselves, who are also not counted.

The motivation behind those shifts have to do with the job market. Period.

What actually "skews" the numbers is a "tweaking" of the variables used to calculate the ACTUAL unemployment ... reducing "full time" to 30 hours, instead of keeping it at 40 (or even 32 which is the "benefit" required level).

What also affects the numbers are those people who have given up looking for a job, and have resorted to "assistance" to sustain them with one income in the family.

The bottom line is the published "unemployment rate" does not reflect reality.

Perfect example: September and October 2000 ... The BLS used September 2000 figures for October 2000 in the ramp up to the 2000 General election ... the AFL-CIO went ballistic over the fudging of the numbers and attacked the information on it website ... and of course Bill went ballistic whining about the criticism in December 2000. Later on in 2001 it was determined the economy had been on a down turn since March 2000.

And to assert that it is because of an increase in "technology" is incorrect.

A beef I had with the Reagan years is the eliminating of the real estate limited partnership tax shelter in which 200 to 300 unit apartment complexes were held with a income related sliding scale for renters (providing affordable multi-family housing) in which no profit could be taken from the partnership for 20 years (25?), so the "income" had to be plowed back into the complexes, which meant new appliances, new roofs, constant replace and upkeep, and high maintenance ... all providing manufacturing, delivery, service, repairs, and replacement jobs ... replacing 200 refrigators and 200 AC units every 2-3 years with a roof every 5-6 years was a good pop and there were literally 100s of them around the country.

In addition a 90 day window (may have been 60) for the sale of those units without having to pay capital gains was passed, which put a glut of units on the market in a "fire sale" atmosphere that drove down housing values ... at a time when the real estate market was already suffering.

That's what a "tax increase" will get you.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:16 AM   #35
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Otherwise, STFU!
You pretending to be a mod now? Haven't you been pretending enough?
Old 03-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #36
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
You pretending to be a mod now? Haven't you been pretending enough?
I am not "pretending to be a mod." Not only have I never said I was one, I have never said I wanted to be one.

Case Closed!

It was you who suggested there was an unwritten rule, whereas I am obligated to reply to a ridiculous unsubstantiated allegation, made by you.

BTW, where's that link?

As it relates to "pretending to be a mod." Were you "pretending to be a mod," when you suggested that I should reply to your ridiculous, unsubstantiated allegation?

And you wonder why I refer to you as an Idiot!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #37
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am not "pretending to be a mod."!
So, you think you are one. Ok. Where's the link in which you are appointed a mod.

I clear something up ... try to follow along, which I agree is difficult with a u of h degree.

If you don't like what I post, don't read it!!!!

You really should take some anger management classes.

Your self-control needs some "tightening up"!
Old 03-07-2015, 11:57 AM   #38
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

In the meantime, Obama continues his war against working Americans by flooding the labor market with cheap un- and under-skilled immigrants (legal and illegal) who compete against American for jobs; driving down household incomes.

Swell guy who occupies the White House, ain't it.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #39
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
In the meantime, Obama continues his war against working Americans by flooding the labor market with cheap un- and under-skilled immigrants (legal and illegal) who compete against American for jobs; driving down household incomes.

Swell guy who occupies the White House, ain't it.
For whom he wants to offer "FREE" COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!!!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #40
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
For whom he wants to offer "FREE" COMMUNITY COLLEGE!!!!!
Are you delusional? The immigrants who want work already have it. And they have jobs that, for the most part, americans won't or can't do.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #41
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Well, we've ruled out Math, Science, English, History and Government.

WHAT THE FUCK do you claim to teach, dipshit?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #42
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
So, you think you are one. Ok. Where's the link in which you are appointed a mod.

I clear something up ... try to follow along, which I agree is difficult with a u of h degree.

Says the man with the hysterical multicolored meltdown!

LMAO!

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #43
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Well, we've ruled out Math, Science, English, History and Government.

WHAT THE FUCK do you claim to teach, dipshit?
Hey, let's add everyone from 16 and up, even though only half of those from 16-24 are working and let's include the old fuckers in there too, that'll get the number up to something eye-opening.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #44
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:

Thanks LLIdiot for proving my point. The above quoted post is truly one for the ages. First LLIdiot says that I think I am a Mod, when I clearly stated the following in my previous post:

Quote:
Not only have I never said I was one, I have never said I wanted to be one.
Apparently some basic level, reading comprehension courses are in order. Do they even offer a basic reading course in the Idiotville Independent School District?

If that was not enough, The Patriarch of the Idiot Klan, errr Clan goes on an MULTI-COLORED, EPIC MELTDOWN!

Meltdowns, don't get any better than that!

ATTENTION:

ALL IDIOTVILLE NURSING HOME EMPLOYEE HANDS ON DECK!

PROCEED WITH CAUTION TO THE PATRIARCHAL SUITE!

THE PATRIARCH IS HAVING ANOTHER EPIC MELTDOWN!

And if all of the above was not already enough, consider the following:

Quote:
What? If I do not read what you post, I would miss your next Epic Meltdown?

There is no way that I will miss that!

LLIdiot's MELTDOWNS are TRULY EPIC!
Old 03-07-2015, 06:36 PM   #45
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-...-low-11-months

No, I meant 92,898,000 Americans are not in the labor force according to the BLS. I didn't mean to be that tricky. If you don't have a job then you're included as in jobless for whatever reason you want to cite.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women