Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41457
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Who Won First Presidential Debate?
President Obama Won the debate 8 10.96%
Mitt Romney Won the debate 61 83.56%
The Debate was a tie 3 4.11%
I don't know who won 1 1.37%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Let's see if we can get some consensus on who won the first Presidential debate tonight, Wednesday Oct 3, 2012.

President Obama is coming in with a slight lead in the polls so he just needs to maintain that lead.

Mitt Romney has an uphill battle to fight and he needs to convince the people that he can do a better job than President Obama.

. . . So who do you think won the first debate tonight? But don't vote until the debates are over!
What do you think FG?
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
eccie_man
Registered Member

Obama - teleprompter = Odumbo...nuff said
eccie_man is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
I think the people here who believe Romney won on a KO are having some delusional wishful thinking. I do think Romney won, but not by an overwhelming amount. He probably had the biggest "performance above expectation" because he seemed more poised than many expected him to be, and he came across as more human than many perceived him to be going in. He got what he needed to get out of the debate.

Obama looked to be playing not to lose, and he seemed to getthrough without a lot of major slips. Not very attacking even where he had some opportunities. Seemed a bit tentative at times but improved as it went along.

The chalenger always has an advantage that he can point at real errors of the incumbant. The chalenger always has a disadvantage that it's a lot harder for him to provide specifics. Both the ad and dis were evident tonight.

I though both weasel-worded a number of their answers and played very lose with some facts--lies of omission in some cases. But then what's a good politician who can't tap dance with the best of them.
Or a poster who is a good tap dancer...fucker
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #34
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
Ok, you all know I am an Obama supporter, but I have to be honest. In terms of what Romney needed to do, he "won" tonight.

He stayed on his message, he was assertive, he made direct eye contact with the President and he tried to take away all of Obama's arguments.

Now, it's interesting because on many occasions Romney ducked and dodged his own positions, he denied and denied and denied, but the President never pressed him. Obama bitch slapped his facts a couple of times but never had him on the ropes. Romney was slightly on the defensive on the RomneyCare/Obama Care area, but not enough to knock him down.

The president was competent but mainly didn't show up for this. I don't think however if that's gonna be enough to save Romney, it will help tighten the race, but Romney will not get himself to 270 electoral votes before Obama does on election night.

And over the next few days Romney's contradictions with his own former statements will be exposed on the news channels. And I still can't believe that Romney told the moderator that he intended to cut the funding that pays him! Also Romney is still avoiding details and Obama pointed that out well. And it was almost unbelievable that Romney will not admit he's cutting taxes on wealthy people. And he got away with it too!

But if I'm being honest, Romney took this one on style, not substance. If there was a winner, he won this debate.
no pun intended but that is awfully "white" of you
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #35
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Not tap dancing--I clearly said I thought Romney won, but not a crushing win. Not sure where you think I'm equivicating.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #36
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Media has been thrown for a BIG LOOP.... poor IDIOTS...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatdude View Post
I will say this again and again role reversal of Bush and Kerry.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I think Mitt looked better early but Obama came on.

I would give a slight edge to Mitt but CNN had a tracker on undecided in Colo and Obama did well with women. I did not see anything to change the trend. But again Mitt looked better early, much better IMHO.
+1

CNN and CBS both score Romney as the winner. Meanwhile, MSNBC (Al Sharpton braying) declaimed Romney as being from the 19th century.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #38
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

This is what I'm talking about.

Optimism

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
This article may rely too heavily on sources with too close a tie to the subject to be verifiable and neutral. Please help improve it by replacing them with more appropriate citations to reliable, independent, third-party sources. (February 2011)
This article has an unclear citation style. The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation, footnoting, or external linking. (February 2011)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. No cleanup reason has been specified. Please help improve this if you can. (December 2010)
To comply with Wikipedia's lead section guidelines, the introduction of this article may need to be rewritten. Please discuss this issue on the talk page and read the layout guide to make sure the section will be inclusive of all essential details. (July 2010) For the Radiohead song, see Optimistic. "Positive thinking" redirects here. For songs of that title, see Positive Thinking.Optimism is a mental attitude or world view that interprets situations and events as being best (optimized), meaning that in some way for factors that may not be fully comprehended, the present moment is in an optimum state. The concept is typically extended to include the attitude of hope for future conditions unfolding as optimal as well. The more broad concept of optimism is the understanding that all of nature, past, present and future, operates by laws of optimization along the lines of Hamilton's principle of optimization in the realm of physics. This understanding, although criticized by counter views such as pessimism, idealism and realism, leads to a state of mind that believes everything is as it should be, and that the future will be as well. A common idiom used to illustrate optimism versus pessimism is a glass with water at the halfway point, where the optimist is said to see the glass as half full, but the pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
The word is originally derived from the Latin optimum, meaning "best." Being optimistic, in the typical sense of the word, ultimately means one expects the best possible outcome from any given situation. This is usually referred to in psychology as dispositional optimism.
Researchers sometimes operationalize the term differently depending on their research, however. For example, Martin Seligman and his fellow researchers define it in terms of explanatory style, which is based on the way one explains life events. As for any trait characteristic, there are several ways to evaluate optimism, such as various forms of the Life Orientation Test, for the original definition of optimism, or the Attributional Style Questionnaire designed to test optimism in terms of explanatory style.
While the heritability of optimism is largely debatable, most researchers agree that it seems to be a biological trait to some small degree, but it is also thought that optimism has more to do with environmental factors, making it a largely learned trait.[1] It has also been suggested that optimism could appear to be a hereditary trait because it is actually a manifestation of combined traits that are mostly heritable, like intelligence, temperament and alcoholism.[2] Optimism may also be linked to health.[3]
Contents

[hide]
Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #39
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Just read that Obama supporter Bill Maher, who gave a pro-Obama PAC a million bucks, tweeted the following:

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Obama looks likes he DOES need a teleprompter."

Ouch! Considering the source, what an embarrassment!

The President clearly looked discomfited and sort of like he didn't really want to be there. Stylistically, he wouldn't have done much worse if he had lifted his wrist and looked at his watch like George H. W. Bush in 1992.

I don't know whether Romney's relatively decent (better than I expected) performance will move the needle significantly, but it seems to me that it has a good chance to stop the recent slide and give new hope to a struggling, seemingly inept campaign.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #40
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

It went just as I expected. Romney is NOT McCain and Obama is still Obama. Obama's policies are indefensible and that was obvious.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #41
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Just read that Obama supporter Bill Maher, who gave a pro-Obama PAC a million bucks, tweeted the following:

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but Obama looks likes he DOES need a teleprompter."

Ouch! Considering the source, what an embarrassment!

The President clearly looked discomfited and sort of like he didn't really want to be there. Stylistically, he wouldn't have done much worse if he had lifted his wrist and looked at his watch like George H. W. Bush in 1992.

I don't know whether Romney's relatively decent (better than I expected) performance will move the needle significantly, but it seems to me that it has a good chance to stop the recent slide and give new hope to a struggling, seemingly inept campaign.
Relatively decent? Romney kicked Obama's ass. I'm half surprised the Secret Service didn't intervene.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The real question is whether or not Biden will even show up. He may try calling in sick. Ryan will destroy him. It's a complete mismatch.
Well I didn't laugh at all during this debate. Both Romney and Obama did well. But I anticipate the VP Debate to almost look like a skit from SNL. It wouldn't surprise me if Ryan slips up and calls Biden an Ignorant Slut, lol.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #43
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Surprised

I must admit I was surprised by how well both candidates presented themselves.

Mitt Romney did better than I had expected.

. . . Overall, I think that President Obama won the debate, but only by a slim margin.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #44
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
I must admit I was surprised by how well both candidates presented themselves.

Mitt Romney did better than I had expected.

. . . Overall, I think that President Obama won the debate, but only by a slim margin.

The pundits on almost every network have reported that -- almost by a 2 to 1 margin -- Odumbo lost. Even Van Jones and Bill Maher conceded that Odumbo lost.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #45
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The pundits on almost every network have reported that -- almost by a 2 to 1 margin -- Odumbo lost. Even Van Jones and Bill Maher conceded that Odumbo lost.
The tragedy of the Titanic is still being investigated and debated....

... after all it was "unsinkable."

Wondering how many "I's" there are in Obaminable's monologue on how many bills he passed, how many jobs he created, and how sick people he has cured .....

the media, bless their hearts, have amnesia regarding the efforts to get Obaminable out of the oval office to help cram down the "Obamacare" and the "whining" of "his" Democratic buddies about not getting involved in the fray .....

.. like OBL ... after the fact ... he takes the credit.

But when it is negative ... it's "Bush's fault" or ... "the Republicans"!

What is interesting .... yesterday's debate topic was .....

.... "Obaminable's strong suit"!!!!

Geography and international relations is going to be a bit more "challenging"!
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women