Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 254
Top Posters
DallasRain70612
biomed161957
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453162
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48220
pyramider46370
bambino41201
CryptKicker37151
Mokoa36489
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #31
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

JDIdiot, which part of "Thurmond switched parties because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act" did you not understand?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #32
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Go to the rotunda of the Texas capital and look at all the portraits of the time after the civil war. Lot's of black folks held office.
Horse shit, JLHomo. When were YOU at the Texas Capitol rotunda? Which black folks' pictures did you see in the rotunda? Barbara Jordan? Yep, she's there, all the way back from her service during Reconstruction!

Lots of black folks? Talking out of your asshole for a change.

I'm still waiting for Muskogee to show some evidence that 95% of southern politicians were black EVER.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Jesus, people! Yes. The Republicans try to suppress the black vote. The Democrats try to suppress the military and evangelical vote. The one that does the best job of suppressing wins the election. That's how it works. It's despicable, but let's be honest.

It's not about race. It's about power. Get real.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 AM   #34
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Jesus, people! Yes. The Republicans try to suppress the black vote.
Hanoi COG, you are obviously not paying attention. Please try to keep up with the story line prior to making your customary idiotic remarks!

My remarks were not about modern day Republican's trying "to suppress the black vote." Of course they do! Instead, my remarks were about JDIdiot's ridiculous claim that the extreme racial beliefs of the 1860's era Southern Democrats and today's modern day Democratic Party, are one and the same.

Depite JDIdiot's claim to the contrary, the 1964 Civil Rights "bill divided and engendered a long-term change in the demographic support of both parties." What was once the historical (racial) bigotry of the 1860's era Southern Democrats is now firmly embedded in modern day (Deep South) Republican Party culture.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? in post Civil Rights Bill of 1964 America, Southern Democrats became Southern Republicans! Why? Because they are Southern bigots!

With that said, I would not blame JDIdiot if he were actually trying to distance himself from the historical racial hatred of the Deep South, irrespective of political affiliation. Unfortunately, that is not what he is trying to do. As usual, JDIdiot never lets the facts stand in the way of the lie he is trying to tell.

Hanoi COG, I know that you spend most of your waking hours tending to your financially lucrative glory hole located inside one of the men's restroom stall's at the Salina Bus Station. However, if you are going to take the time to make a comment, please pay closer attention to what is being said!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:18 AM   #35
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post

My remarks were not about modern day Republican's trying "to suppress the black vote." Of course they do! Instead, my remarks were about JDIdiot's ridiculous claim that the extreme racial beliefs of the 1860's era Southern Democrats and today's modern day Democratic Party, are one and the same.
The first paragraph above should have read as follows:

My remarks were not about modern day Republican's trying "to suppress the black vote." Of course they do! Instead, my remarks were about JDIdiot's ridiculous claim that the extreme racial beliefs of the 1860's era Southern Democrats and today's modern day Democratic Party, are NOT one and the same.

My mistake!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You still didn't answer the question so I'll make it a charge. Why are you trying to hijack this thread with some of your patented stupidity? You're not even honest when you try to cut and paste from poor source material. I caught you lying and put out the full comment. Still, this is a hijack plain and simple. Is it because you have absolutely no answer to the OP? Your guy is a failure and a liar. Admit that, like so many liberal pundits have been, and move on. You fucked up by supporting Obama and your judgement is no longer credible. This is more about you than it is Obama.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #37
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Why are you trying to hijack this thread with some of your patented stupidity?
It was you who first hijacked your own thread with "your patented stupidity," in post #17, when you said the following:

Quote:
In the 1868 elections in Jones County, Mississippi there were 2500 registered republican voters. In the election only 7 voted. They were almost all freedmen and the Klan "protected" the polling places for the democrats. Jones County also where Chris McDaniels comes from. In fact, Jones County has long claimed the distinction of having seceded from the Confederacy.
True to form, you then tried to accuse me of hijacking a thread in post #20 (my first post in this thread) that you had already hijacked in post #17.

Idiot!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #38
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
after the Civil War, I would guess 95%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
OK Muskogee. Howzabout you back up your bullshit?

Shouldn't be hard, even for you. You might even find an internet graphic or photo you can embed in your next post, GOOOOOOBER!
Quote:
OK Muskogee. Howzabiut you back up your bullshit?

OK. Muskogee. Howzabout I back up your bullshit?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...Federal_Office

Seems that during Reconstruction, there were NINE Blacks elected to Congress.

Spoze that's somewhere near 95%, eh! truckstop?.

Quote:
Horse shit, JLHomo. When were YOU at the Texas Capitol rotunda? Which black folks' pictures did you see in the rotunda? Barbara Jordan? Yep, she's there, all the way back from her service during Reconstruction!

Lots of black folks? Talking out of your asshole for a change.

I'm still waiting for Muskogee to show some evidence that 95% of southern politicians were black EVER.

what part of GUESS do you not understand

I, unlike many of you, do not live on this board 24/7, there was some great football games last night
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Tampon, I'm starting to think that English is a second langauge to you.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #40
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
what part of GUESS do you not understand

I, unlike many of you, do not live on this board 24/7, there was some great football games last night
Yeah. Pity about Okie State. I was pulling for them.

However, you're simply deflecting. You said you guessed 95% of southern politicians were black at the time of reconstruction. there were 9 black people elected to congress at that time.

Your "guess" indicates your level of ignorance and stupidity. Just because you "guess" or "estimate" or "think" something doesn't give you a pass from someone else calling BULLSHIT on you.

I did. You're trying to dodge.

Period.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #41
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
I'm starting to think that English is a second langauge to you.
JDIdiot, where do you rank on the "langauge," chart? Is English your 5th or 6th "langauge"? It is apparent that you can't even spell the word language.

There you have it folks, a classic example of how well they teach their students to spell in the Idiotville Independent School District:

l-a-n-g-a-u-g-e (langauge).

As I said in the previous post, JD is an Idiot! Live with it, 'cuz it's not gonna change!
Old 09-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #42
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
The first paragraph above should have read as follows:

My remarks were not about modern day Republican's trying "to suppress the black vote." Of course they do! Instead, my remarks were about JDIdiot's ridiculous claim that the extreme racial beliefs of the 1860's era Southern Democrats and today's modern day Democratic Party, are NOT one and the same.

My mistake!
Actually, you made the mistake on this post above, not the first one. JD B is claiming they are one and the same - that's his whole point. The Democrats were racists then and it carries over to today. Your counterpoint is that they are not one and the same.
This is actually an effective strategy you should follow more often - cluelessly argue both sides - cause you can get it right half the time - which is way more often than usual for you.

(for reference, the first quote is shown below)

Originally Posted by bigtex

Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Why don't we try this while I'm wearing my old glasses (that allow me to see the computer screen)? You don't have that excuse. You have not acknowledged the obvious about the thread hijacking have you?

So answer the OP...

And Tampon is wrong again. At no time (this is his lie) did I say that racial beliefs of the democratic party of the 1860s matches the racial beliefs of the modern democrat. However, both groups of democrats see the black people as their "property". For labor in the old days and votes in the modern times. Just like the old days, there are even black people working against the benefits of the masses of the black population today.

Tampon, you don't win arguments by lying.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #44
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
you don't win arguments by lying.

For once we agree! One wins arguments by presenting the facts, not lying. The facts that were initially presented in post #24 of this thread, follows:

Quote:
"Proven false?" Now that's a laugh! It was brought "out again," because JDIdiot continues to perpetuate the same pathetic "broken record" lie.

Even Wikipedia clearly states in more than one reference (see below) that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 "bill divided and engendered a long-term change in the demographic support of both parties."

Anyone with any intelligence should be able to connect the dots. Oops, that eliminates JDIdiot from consideration. He has no intelligence!

From Wiki:

Thurmond switched parties because of his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strom_Thurmond

The bill divided and engendered a long-term change in the demographic support of both parties. President Johnson realized that supporting this bill would risk losing the South's overwhelming support of the Democratic Party. Both Attorney General Robert Kennedy and Vice President Johnson had pushed for the introduction of the civil rights legislation. Johnson told Kennedy aide Ted Sorensen that "I know the risks are great and we might lose the South, but those sorts of states may be lost anyway." Senator Richard Russell, Jr. later warned President Johnson that his strong support for the civil rights bill "will not only cost you the South, it will cost you the election". Johnson, however, went on to win the 1964 election by one of the biggest landslides in American history. The South, which had five states swing Republican in 1964, became a stronghold of the Republican party by the 1990s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964
As the Patriarch of the Notorious Idiot KLAN, errr Clan would say, CARRY ON!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #45
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Why don't we try this while I'm wearing my old glasses (that allow me to see the computer screen)? You don't have that excuse. You have not acknowledged the obvious about the thread hijacking have you?

So answer the OP...

And Tampon is wrong again. At no time (this is his lie) did I say that racial beliefs of the democratic party of the 1860s matches the racial beliefs of the modern democrat. However, both groups of democrats see the black people as their "property". For labor in the old days and votes in the modern times. Just like the old days, there are even black people working against the benefits of the masses of the black population today.

Tampon, you don't win arguments by lying.
LMAO Judy didn't have his spelling glasses on..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women