Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161573
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453117
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48036
pyramider46370
bambino40737
CryptKicker37134
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #31
CJ7
Valued Poster

COF, in case you missed it that was your ass being handed back to you
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #32
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Actually, the Cap'n tried, and missed. He does not understand the FairTax, and chooses to remain ignorant. That's his problem, CBJ7. Very similar to yours.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #33
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Stuck on Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually, the Cap'n tried, and missed. He does not understand the FairTax, and chooses to remain ignorant. That's his problem, CBJ7. Very similar to yours.
Bullshit!

Do you really want to double down on stupid?

Go back to school, ignoramus.

Or at the very least, don't pop off again without learning at least a little bit about this issue!

(I know that's an uncommon practice around here, but why don't you give it a try? It's never too late to learn.)
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Ranting does not make you right, Cap'n. Repeat it all you want. Doesn't change the truth.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ranting does not make you right, Cap'n. Repeat it all you want. Doesn't change the truth.

right wrong or otherwise you could care less as long as the IRS gets abolished

true or false
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Still stuck on stupid? It's never too late to learn!

Quote:
And telling someone who obviously knows vastly more about this issue than you do to "go learn something" doesn't change the truth either, does it?

How about backing up your claim of progressivity, just for starters?

(Not with a link to a bunch of BS written by some clueless politician or ideologue with an axe to grind, but with some sort of reasoned argument. You won't, because you can't.)

And if you don't, then you will acknowledge by default that you have little or no understanding of this issue, and that you are just another clown with a penchant for ignorantly popping off.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #37
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I've asked fairtax.org and COG in an earlier post to answer one question and neither can answer, but i'll try again.

How will the government enforce and collect taxes of sales from other countries?

I think it is a great idea, much better than the current system, but it will fail if they cannot find a solution.

Once you put a 25% or whatever they are saying it would be now, businesses will spring up in Cananda and Mexico overnight that will undercut our businesses with no impunity. With all the lost commerce, the 25% tax rate will have to double, triple or more to compensate for the loss of sales in the US.

I buy almost everything that is not perishable online already, and many are already from Canada with no sales tax. If you add 25% to orders, almost everything would be bought from another country and the US couldn't compete.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #38
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

It is time we do away with the IRS; the Fair Tax may not be a perfect replacement, but it is substantially better than what we currently have.............
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #39
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Do away with America, WhirlyHEAVE!

But only if we do away with you, you worthless heap of parrot droppings!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
I've asked fairtax.org and COG in an earlier post to answer one question and neither can answer, but i'll try again.

How will the government enforce and collect taxes of sales from other countries?
There's no easy answer.

In the event that any type of national sales tax is ever implemented, whether a VAT or anything else, all this would obviously have to be specifically addressed when the "rules" were drawn. As you note, the potential for tax avoidance is obviously rather substantial. In fact, one of the many criticisms of the FairTax is that evasion rates would be unknown, but possibly very high.

One way to handle the issue of goods bought from foreign sellers might be a modified form of import duties with rates equal or comparable to the domestic consumption tax. Needless to say, that could cause complications and potentially disincentivize various forms of commerce. And in many instances, it would be difficult to enforce.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #41
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
There's no easy answer.

In the event that any type of national sales tax is ever implemented, whether a VAT or anything else, all this would obviously have to be specifically addressed when the "rules" were drawn. As you note, the potential for tax avoidance is obviously rather substantial. In fact, one of the many criticisms of the FairTax is that evasion rates would be unknown, but possibly very high.

One way to handle the issue of goods bought from foreign sellers might be a modified form of import duties with rates equal or comparable to the domestic consumption tax. Needless to say, that could cause complications and potentially disincentivize various forms of commerce. And in many instances, it would be difficult to enforce.
I'd like to have anything practical that abolishes the IRS, but Faitax.org has been at this for what, 10 or 15 years now (?). Very good points and again, nothing wrong with the idea, but I just don't think that particular organization has the brains to figure it out. I mean we can discuss it and come up with possible solutions, but they cant after so many years and their solution is "They don't think it will happen"? I think they are in it for the money only, seriously I wouldn't donate. And by no means should we ever fall for the "well, let's pass it first and find out what's in it later".
Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

nwa, are you talking about sales of products to other countries by American manufacturers? If you are talking about exports, there would be no tax on that item if purchased in another country.

Now think about it. If Boeing, GM, Ford, what have you, could sell American made products overseas at a price 25% less than they now charge, what would happen to their sales? And what would happen to manufacturing in the US? And what would that mean to the economy?

Sorry, nwa, if I missed your question. I didn't avoid it. There's your answer.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #43
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Quote:
nwa, are you talking about sales of products to other countries by American manufacturers? If you are talking about exports, there would be no tax on that item if purchased in another country.

Now think about it. If Boeing, GM, Ford, what have you, could sell American made products overseas at a price 25% less than they now charge, what would happen to their sales? And what would happen to manufacturing in the US? And what would that mean to the economy?

Sorry, nwa, if I missed your question. I didn't avoid it. There's your answer.
All good, but no. I'm talking about the sales of goods to American consumers from other countries. For example, just got contacts in today from Canada, 500 bucks, zero sales tax. If you put a 25% tax on everything consumers purchase, you could buy almost everything from another country cheaper than here, and people would.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #44
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

You know, that is a good question. One that I haven't had to field. I don't think there would be any tax on that. First of all, you've already paid Canadian tax. Yes, you have.

But I will check that out. Damn, nwa! How refreshing to get a serious question, with no flames attached. Thanks, dude!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #45
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Default AFFT Calls on Congress to Eliminate IRS Targeting by Enacting the FairTax

An announcement from the Americans For Fair Taxation:

Americans For Fair Taxation® (AFFT), outraged by the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) continued political abuse and intimidation of citizens and organizations, is calling on Congress to immediately enact HR 25 / S 122, the FairTax® Act of 2013 and phase out the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). "No person or group is safe from IRS targeting; everyone is a bull's eye," said AFFT spokesperson Cynthia T. Canevaro.

She added, "The agency, with over 90,000 employees and an annual budget in excess of $12 billion, has historically been the ultimate tool of extreme political manipulation by politicians of both major parties. That's exactly what our Founding Fathers feared."

"These types of abuses of are nothing new," said Dan Mastromarco, tax attorney and co-author of HR 25 / S 122. He added, "In 1819, Former Chief Justice John Marshall warned in McCulloch v. Maryland that, 'An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy.' The FairTax Act is the only way in which Congress can once and for all eliminate the harassment, political exploitation and selective enforcement against perceived dissidents. It levels the playing field and redistributes power to the citizens who pay the taxes."

The FairTax Plan is a comprehensive proposal that replaces all federal income and payroll based taxes with a national retail sales tax, a "prebate" to ensure no American pays federal taxes on spending up to the poverty level, dollar-for-dollar federal revenue neutrality and, through companion legislation, the repeal of the 16th Amendment, which authorized the creation of the income tax.

"Congress has enabled IRS activities with more than 5,000 code changes in just 11 years, and even expanded their scope to include enforcement of major provisions of Obamacare," said Canevaro. "Congress created this problem. They now have an opportunity to correct it by enacting the FairTax Plan and asking the President to join them in signing the measure into law."

About Americans For Fair Taxation®

AFFT was formed in 1995. It is a nonprofit 501(c)(4), nonpartisan, grassroots organization solely dedicated to providing education on the FairTax Plan (HR 25 / S 122) to all members of the public, elected and appointed public officials and candidates for elected office – regardless of party affiliation. AFFT does not advocate the election or defeat of any candidate for public office and does not favor any candidate, political party, or incumbent over another. For more information, visit www.fairtax.org.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-re...FairTax-R.html

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women