Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60806
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42479
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-29-2021, 08:50 PM   #31
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
That was known all along, though.

Why is this breaking news now?

I thought they had discovered that vaccinated people are more contagious than they had initially thought, which is why they are now issuing another mask mandate.

It was always known that the fully vaccinated could spread the virus a little bit.

So, now I'm confused wtf is going on. Why is the CDC telling people to wear masks now?
The Delta variant is a lot more infectious than anything we've experienced before. From memory (again, I'm too lazy to look it up -- you can if you want), estimates of the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine in preventing infection by the Delta variant range from 39% (Israeli study that I think just involved 20 or 30 people) up to 88%. The original Pfizer study, before the Delta variant arose, indicated the vaccine was 94% or 95% effective in preventing infection.

Anyway if the real number is around 88% they're crying wolf. If it's 39% then they're not.

Either way there's agreement that the vaccines are highly effective in preventing hospitalization and death.

I've been vaccinated and I'm not wearing a mask in most situations. Maybe I should be, I don't mind wearing one at all. But people around where I live look at you really weird when you mask up.

As to the claim that people who are vaccinated on average have higher viral loads when infected than the unvaccinated when infected, that sounds fishy. There are supposed to be some studies about to come out that may shed some light on that, according to the head of the CDC.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:52 PM   #32
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
I am sure I have come across the original Virus. It just didn't replicate enough for me to experience any disease symptoms.
What's true for you isn't true for everyone. A large percentage of the population has hypertension, is overweight, old, etc.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:12 PM   #33
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
The Delta variant is a lot more infectious than anything we've experienced before. From memory (again, I'm too lazy to look it up -- you can if you want), estimates of the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine in preventing infection by the Delta variant range from 39% (Israeli study that I think just involved 20 or 30 people) up to 88%. The original Pfizer study, before the Delta variant arose, indicated the vaccine was 94% or 95% effective in preventing infection.

Anyway if the real number is around 88% they're crying wolf. If it's 39% then they're not.

Either way there's agreement that the vaccines are highly effective in preventing hospitalization and death.

I've been vaccinated and I'm not wearing a mask in most situations. Maybe I should be, I don't mind wearing one at all. But people around where I live look at you really weird when you mask up.

As to the claim that people who are vaccinated on average have higher viral loads when infected than the unvaccinated when infected, that sounds fishy. There are supposed to be some studies about to come out that may shed some light on that, according to the head of the CDC.
Sounds like nobody knows wtf is going on. Cases are climbing rapidly. We could be backup to 200 thousand new cases per day. But we weren't even locked down while having 200 thousand new cases per day, so I don't know why lockdown lovers are lubing up for a second round.

So, the delta variant is here. Maybe it's a new variant altogether. No clue, but the number of unvaccinated was greater a few months ago then today. So, I'm a little skeptical to blame unvaccinated people. I'm unvaccinated, but I don't contribute to the spread of the virus at all.

So, who tf knows wtf.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:16 PM   #34
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
What's true for you isn't true for everyone. A large percentage of the population has hypertension, is overweight, old, etc.
That's definitely true. Unfortunately I can't control other people's destiny only my own. Nobody knows me better than me. What I have done during this whole Health crisis is to weigh the pros and cons based upon my past history with infectious diseases. At this time I am simply not impressed with what I've been reading about these vaccines. Therefore I won't be taking it.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:24 PM   #35
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Sounds like nobody knows wtf is going on. Cases are climbing rapidly. We could be backup to 200 thousand new cases per day. But we weren't even locked down while having 200 thousand new cases per day, so I don't know why lockdown lovers are lubing up for a second round.

So, the delta variant is here. Maybe it's a new variant altogether. No clue, but the number of unvaccinated was greater a few months ago then today. So, I'm a little skeptical to blame unvaccinated people. I'm unvaccinated, but I don't contribute to the spread of the virus at all.

So, who tf knows wtf.
If you don't have Covid-19 or it's variant you can't transmit it whether you're vaccinated or not. This idea that if you aren't vaccinated you are bound to have Covid-19 and are spreading it is total stupidity on behalf of Vaccinated Liberals. Who in the future will prove to be the most unhealthy of Americans.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:15 AM   #36
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Some of you guys are clueless.

Being vaccinated does not mean you can't catch it. It only means you won't get really sick cause your body is prepared for a cage fight inside your body.

And in the meantime, you're a carrier and can spread it.

Those two sentences are the deal.

Ok, any ex military that have been to central or south America? Or mid or south Africa? Do you remember the bucket load of innoculations you got shot up with? And we still caught various crap.
My “shot card” in the Army had no less than 15 inoculations on it. Many were for ailments I never heard of.

“The Clap” and “Crabs” were not on it.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:22 AM   #37
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by texassapper View Post

If a fully vaccinated person ...
This comment may be "dated" ... but I'm not going to browse through all the bullshit to make that determination ...

The "study" used by the CDC to make its latest "science" change is one from India with respect to a vaccine that has not been used in the U.S., because it has not been "approved" for emergency use by ANY U.S. governmental agency ...

... and it is based on Indian social conditions and applications.

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:23 AM   #38
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
Learn to read.. Start with Unique Carpenter's response.

Huh? Haven't what?

Having caught the original virus, and producing antibodies does not necessarily block the Delta. Besides that antibody response is not as strong as the vaccine as a defense.
Well, I had Covid, and I took both shots. If that doesn’t do it, I’m just shit out of luck.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:47 AM   #39
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

"WTF are you babbling about? The FDA banned the PCR test. Is that what you’re talking about? Who knows"

You are the one babbling.

FDA did not ban "the PCR test", it is discontinuing one. There are others to replace. Co-mingling with flu results not an issue as you erroneously assert. This would help if you'd take the time to read it. Others might, so as to be better informed about the FDA advisory.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...d-19-pcr-test/
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:06 AM   #40
bill sins
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

People are going to get vaccinated or not. The only recourse for the non vaccinated is to catch the virus get the anti bodies and get immune. So why are mask required to protect the non vaccinated. The sooner everyone is immune the sooner we can hear more about Hunter, his painting and hookers.
bill sins is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:18 AM   #41
texassapper
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Quote:
Cases are climbing rapidly. We could be backup to 200 thousand new cases per day. But we weren't even locked down while having 200 thousand new cases per day, so I don't know why lockdown lovers are lubing up for a second round.
Case numbers are irrelevant. of those 200,000 cases how many deaths?

They lockdown advocates are happy because this has never been about the public health.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #42
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Side note : If your a US citizen and go to mex and return to GET BACK INTO YOUR COUNTRY YOU HAVE TO GET COVID TESTED
However the 50,000 illegals they just released w/o court dates ( without date they cant miss ) Don't
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #43
dilbert firestorm
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

looks like 3 sets of rules.

1 for the elite
1 for the rest of us
1 for the illegals/criminals
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #44
VerySkeptical
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
The FDA banned the PCR threats as inaccurate. I’ve posted the link for you in a different thread. Quit spreading misinformation. The PCR test was worthless and dangerous.
You are clearly the "king" of spreading misinformation. Your information that you post has been disproved time after time. In this post you admit to lying in this and at least one other thread.
If nothing else it's easy to prove you wrong and there is nobody on the fence in here you can influence. Anyone who listens to you, other than the one helpful statement you made, deserves what they get.

That helpful statement was ask your doctor. If you're going to ask questions like this bullshit bambi posted, don't hold your breath, waiting on an answer

Lies are in red below.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/07/sc...d-19-pcr-test/

Viral Posts Misrepresent CDC Announcement on COVID-19 PCR Test

Scientists consider polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, tests a highly reliable tool for diagnosing COVID-19. But social media posts are misrepresenting a recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announcement regarding the eventual discontinuation of its own test, falsely claiming the government has conceded that PCR tests aren’t reliable.

In the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention developed and deployed its own polymerase chain reaction, or PCR, test to identify infections with the novel coronavirus (although its initial rollout was beset with some issues).

A year and a half later, the federal agency has notified labs that it will — at the end of 2021 — withdraw its emergency use authorization request for the test to the Food and Drug Administration, thereby discontinuing its use.

The agency in a July 21 notice recommended that labs use “one of the many FDA-authorized alternatives” and said it “encourages laboratories to consider adoption of a multiplexed method that can facilitate detection and differentiation of SARS-CoV-2 and influenza viruses.” Such multiplex tests, including one from the CDC, can look for both the novel coronavirus and multiple types of influenza at the same time — which conserves testing materials and allows public health labs to do influenza surveillance while testing for SARS-CoV-2, or the virus that causes COVID-19.

But the CDC did not say it was no longer supporting the use of PCR tests in general, many of which have been authorized by the FDA — or that its original PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 can’t tell the difference between coronavirus and influenza — as viral posts spreading online falsely claim.
“After 180 million positive cases, the CDC have announced their withdrawal statement from using the PCR test to detect Covid, due to its lack of detection to differentiate between Covid and Influenza,” read a July 25 tweet screenshot posted to Instagram. The post received more than 4,000 likes.

A July 26 Facebook post similarly claimed: “Big News-CDC withdraws PCR test from FDA EUA. It’s inability to differentiate Covid from Influenza was #1 reason.”
The CDC’s PCR test in question looks only for SARS-CoV-2, not influenza — which is quite different from a test that mistakenly diagnoses influenza cases as COVID-19, as the posts erroneously suggest.

Other posts have falsely claimed it was the FDA that made the purported revelation about the CDC’s PCR test, or PCR tests in general.

A since-deleted July 23 tweet from “UK Medical Freedom” falsely claimed that the “FDA announced today that the CDC PCR test for COVID-19 has failed its full review. Emergency Use Authorization has been REVOKED.”

Two days later, on July 25, a controversial gym owner in New Jersey, Ian Smith, falsely claimed in a viral tweet that the “FDA confirms PCR tests not accurate for testing COVID.” He referred to COVID-19 as a “Manufactured crisis.”
As we said, the announcement in question came from the CDC and was about plans for the eventual discontinuation of its own test. It is still in use currently. The FDA did not revoke the CDC test’s emergency use authorization or question the reliability of PCR tests, an FDA spokesman confirmed to us.

Scientists consider PCR tests a reliable and highly specific diagnostic tool, as we’ve explained before, but distortions about them have persisted amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

In explaining the CDC’s decision to end the use of its own PCR test at the end of 2021, Kristen Nordlund, an agency spokeswoman, in an email to us cited “the availability of commercial options for clinical diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 infection, including multiplexed (discussed here) and high-throughput options” — referring to technologies that use an automated process to administer hundreds of tests per day.

“Although the CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019 nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel met an important unmet need when it was developed and deployed and has not demonstrated any performance issues, the demand for this test has declined with the emergence of other higher-throughput and multiplexed assays,” Nordlund said.

She continued: “CDC is encouraging public health laboratories (PHL) to adopt the CDC Influenza SARS-CoV-2 (Flu SC2) Multiplex Assay to enable continued surveillance for both influenza and SARS-CoV-2, which will save both time and resources for PHL.”

The FDA’s website lists a multitude of PCR tests for COVID-19 that have been issued emergency use authorizations.

Jim McKinney, an FDA spokesman, told us in an email that to date, “the FDA has authorized more than 380 tests and sample collection kits to diagnose COVID-19, many of which are PCR tests. PCR tests are generally considered to be the ‘gold standard’ for COVID-19 diagnosis.”

“The FDA has not issued any statement questioning the reliability of PCR test results in general and will continue to consider authorization for validated PCR tests,” he added.

Dr. Michael Mina, a Harvard University assistant professor of epidemiology, told us that the CDC’s decision regarding its test made sense, given how the landscape has changed.

“CDC is likely going to pull its own EUA for its test because hundreds of other labs now have their own EUAs and CDC no longer even needs to use its own test since many companies now have EUAs for manufactured tests,” he said in an email. “The major Companies like Roche, Hologic, Abbott all have their own test kits and instruments. Then the ThermoFishers of the world have EUAs for their PCR kits that can be run in the exact same way as the CDC assay. So there really is no reason for CDC to retain their EUA.”

Mina said the move had to be done carefully, since some public health labs may currently be relying on the CDC’s test.

“At the end of the day, the CDC EUA was more or less a recipe for how to test for CoVID, and a couple ingredients,” Mina said. “Now we have all these kits and fully automated processes so it’s no longer needed.”
VerySkeptical is offline   Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #45
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fabricated misinformation
winn dixie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women