Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #31
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

The Judean religion was Bronze Age and I tend to lump them together. But you, of course correct, except for lumping blatant mythology in with "wisdom".
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #32
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

A simple google of birth control side effects shows all kinds of medical warnings, issues, and complications that can arise from birth control.

And most notably "A 1996 analysis of worldwide epidemiologic data conducted by the Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer found that women who were current or recent users of birth control pills had a slightly elevated risk of developing breast cancer. The risk was highest for women who started using OCs as teenagers."

"Evidence shows that long-term use of OCs (5 or more years) may be associated with an increased risk of cancer of the cervix (the narrow, lower portion of the uterus) (12). "

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...contraceptives

So, you didn't post a link, but how do you maintain birth control can't cause harm "like he says"?

Again, misleading since you never tell us what he says "like he says".

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Also, birth control doesn't harm women like he says.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #33
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
so I don't have to deal with you.
WW, you don't have to deal with any one.
Just go read your bible and shut the fuck up.

Sucker!
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #34
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Wave: It is that time of the month, don't you feel the urge to change your signature line again?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #35
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Wave: It is that time of the month, don't you feel the urge to change your signature line again?
Wow, you read it?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #36
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
The Judean religion was Bronze Age and I tend to lump them together. But you, of course correct, except for lumping blatant mythology in with "wisdom".
So sentiments and U.S. laws predicated on these values and beliefs listed below should be out of hand dismissed considering their source?

Fifth Commandment: Honor your father and your mother
Matthew 19:19
Sixth Commandment: Thou shall not commit murder
Matthew 5:21-22.
Seventh Commandment: Thou shall not commit adultery
Romans 13:9.
Eighth Commandment: Thou shall not steal
Ninth Commandment: Thou shall not bear false witness
Tenth Commandment: Thou shall not abnormally nor criminally desire that which does not belong to you

Matthew 7:12 (Sermon on the Mount): “Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them. . .”

Galatians 5:14: For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #37
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

None of these are federal laws with the exception of perjury, a couple of them aren't US laws at all, and None of them can be proven to have originated with any particular religion or cult.

Sorry IB, religion isn't the source of common sense, by any stretch.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
...I didn't think you were a Mormon, just a Moron. Because we need another super millionaire out of touch with reality in the White House I'm sure you'll vote for him.
Why can't you just answer the question, Sa_fartman? You've sidestepped it again. And no, I don't plan to vote for Romney, but it is not because of his religion.

Again, what makes Mormonism a near cult, and what gives you the authority to make such a determination?

Simple question, really.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #39
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Your realize you are linking to a piece written on CNN blog by a stand up comedian..........now that is TFF.

http://deanofcomedy.com/

You would have more credibility if you posted the video and full context of Santorum's statements rather than some obscure stand up comic's spin !

You could have posted the full video of Santorium's statements but instead you went the lazy route............
Your attempt to decieve exposes your own bigotry and fanaticism.
LOL, that’s just funny. I just picked the first of many. To suit you, I added a link to one of his nonsensical speeches.

Some of the highlights from this little jewel of a speech:

- Not just any God, but the God of Abraham and Jacob. So all the other religions on the planet are just what? Ineffective? Their God(s) aren’t worth following? Well they are to about two-thirds of the world.

- Gay marriage will undermine the family and attack the religious liberty in this country. That’s a direct quote

- The exception for rape should not be in the law. Really?

- We’re bankrupt morally if we allow rapists to walk free and innocent children to be murdered.

- Really, seriously, you don’t think this guy is a religious zealot! Well if he isn’t, I don’t know who is. What do you think that people have to have snakes draped around their neck while they preach to be a rabid religious lunatics? Whew God help us. That is MY God, NOT Rick Santorims’ Gods. I don’t need help from any God or Gods he would worship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgeu21Xu3Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It was the Iron Age – the Age of the Roman Empire. The works of Pythagoras, Euclid, Archimedes, Aristotle, Plato, Eratosthenes, Copernicus, Ptolemy, Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī, Abū al-Hasan ibn Alī al-Qalasādī, Averroes, Banū Mūsā, et al., were all published on vellum. Age and the substance of the medium are not reasons to discard the knowledge and wisdom of the ancients.
No, we in no way should ignore the wisdom of any great thinker. I just don’t believe in the Gods Santorim worships. I’m not Christian. There is a separation of Church and State for a reason.

The ideas of not committing any of the crimes listed by IB have been around since people, and people have been around tens of thousands of years longer than even Judaism. The are common sense and necessary for peaceful existence.

He said we are at war with Islam. What?!? Maybe a few radical criminals, but on Islam? No.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The problem with religion is that it divides. Everyone thinks their "god" is the one true "god". This gives them license to impose their will on others because they are serving their "god". The Declaration of Independence says, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal and are endowed by THEIR Creator with certain unalienable rights . . ." They didn't say "endowed my MY Creator" which leaves it up to the individual from who they want to draw their rights. The purpose of the clause was to elaborate on the point that certain rights are above government, and government has no authority to restrict a person's liberty or livelihood.

It doesn't say one particular "god" or even any "god". It says "Creator" which means whatever the individual decides for him/herself to mean. If someone is going to take their "god" and try to make that "god" the "god" of the United States to the exclusion of all other beliefs, that person should be avoided. I think Santorum's loyalty is to the Bible first, and Constitution second. To be President, the Constitution should come before religion.

Of course, the Constitution has become meaningless, but I digress . . .
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #41
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
None of these are federal laws with the exception of perjury, a couple of them aren't US laws at all, and None of them can be proven to have originated with any particular religion or cult.

Sorry IB, religion isn't the source of common sense, by any stretch.
The Massachusetts Body of Liberties was the first legal code established by European colonists in New England. Compiled by the Puritan minister Nathaniel Ward, the laws were established by the Massachusetts General Court in 1641. The Body of Liberties begins by establishing the exclusive right of the General Court to legislate and dictate the "Countenance of Authority" [wiki].

Here are the 'Capital Laws' - note the Biblical citations used as justification for the laws:

The Massachusetts Body of Liberties (1641)

.............................. 94. Capitall Laws.

1. (Deut. 13. 6, 10. Deut. 17. 2, 6. Ex. 22.20)
If any man after legall conviction shall have or worship any other god, but the lord god, he shall be put to death.

(Ex. 22. 18. Lev. 20. 27. Dut. 18. 10.)
If any man or woeman be a witch, (that is hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit,) They shall be put to death.

(Lev. 24. 15,16.)
If any person shall Blaspheme the name of god, the father, Sonne or Holie Ghost, with direct, expresse, presumptuous or high handed blasphemie, or shall curse god in the like manner, he shall be put to death.
[Page 274]

(Ex. 21. 12. Numb. 35. 13, 14, 30, 31.)
If any person committ any wilfull murther, which is manslaughter, committed upon premeditated malice, hatred, or Crueltie, not in a mans necessarie and just defence, nor by meere casualtie against his will, he shall be put to death.

(Numb. 25, 20, 21. Lev. 24. 17)
If any person slayeth an other suddaienly in his anger or Crueltie of passion, he shall be put to death.

(Ex. 21. 14.)
If any person shall slay an other through guile, either by poysoning or other such divelish practice, he shall be put to death.

(Lev. 20. 15,16.)
If any man or woeman shall lye with any beaste or bruite creature by Carnall Copulation, They shall surely be put to death. And the beast shall be slaine, and buried and not eaten.

(Lev. 20. 13.)
If any man lyeth with mankinde as he lyeth with a woeman, both of them have committed abhomination, they both shall surely be put to death.

Lev. 20. 19. and 18, 20. Dut. 22. 23, 24.)
If any person committeth Adultery with a maried or espoused wife, the Adulterer and Adulteresse shall surely be put to death.

(Ex. 21. 16.)
If any man stealeth a man or mankinde, he shall surely be put to death.

(Deut. 19. 16, 18, 19.)
If any man rise up by false witnes, wittingly and of purpose to take away any mans life, he shall be put to death.

http://history.hanover.edu/texts/masslib.html

Point of fact, in your blind prejudice, you are ignoring the wisdom (the foundation of our modern laws) that is contained in the Bible.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #42
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

OK, IB, You Win. If it was the law in MA before the revolution I guess that makes it a federal law?????

Interestingly, I once read that MA was the first state to consider succession (at the beginning of the war of 1812). Knowing several "conservatives" from there, I sure wish they'd done it.

Let me bottom line it for you. If it only exists through faith the it's a delusion, by definition. Any argument that hinges on a supernatural being is, de-facto, irrelevant in the real world. And producing writings of long dead people simply doesn't change that fact, it wasn't anymore real then than it is now.

We have a Constitution, it was written by men who mostly professed to be religious, but were intelligent enough to avoid religion as much as possible in drafting the document that forms the basis of our law.

Certainly the Jude-Christian cults are compatible with our system unlike the cult of Mohammed, but our system does not depend on them and can stand on it's own very well without them.

I get really tired of going to conservative blogs and being told by bible thumpers that we libertarian conservatives just need to hold our noses and vote for their guy or go away. It doesn't matter how many asinine things you can point out about what the social cons do when their elected. Just once I'd like to see someone elected who just wants to do what the Constitution says without all of the social engineering.

We in the TEA party were instrumental in taking the house, and, instead of cutting the government, the politicians start spewing out bills on controlling abortion, the internet and COG's favorite; indefinite detention.

Frankly, I'm pissed that right now the only option I'm likely to have other than the POSITOO is a "MA conservative" (see my comment above), and a bible thumper, both of whom want a bigger, more intrusive government.

Sorry my friend, this is certainly not aimed at you or anyone in particular, just a day of rants for me.

Regards,
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #43
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
None of these are federal laws with the exception of perjury, a couple of them aren't US laws at all,
Most of the Commandments listed above are obviously codified in U.S. law. Perhaps "the couple" you are referring to are:

Honor thy mother and father - It is codified under laws prohibiting the abuse of the elderly.

Thou shall not abnormally nor criminally desire that which does not belong to you - It is codified under laws prohibiting 'Peeping Toms' and 'public exposure' (flashers etc,).
Quote:
None of them can be proven to have originated with any particular religion or cult.
Quote:
The ideas of not committing any of the crimes listed by IB have been around since people, and people have been around tens of thousands of years longer than even Judaism. The are common sense and necessary for peaceful existence.
The 10 Commandments are put forth in the Old Testament which largely has as its source the Jewish Torah. It really doesn't matter where these laws first originated. What is historically demonstrable fact, is that the laws in the U.S. are based on the laws brought to this country by English settlers who were subject to English laws administered and enforced by English kings and queens who divined their legitimacy from the Christian God.

POST SCRIPT: I am not willing to universally defend the beliefs of others, e.g., Romney or Santorum, but I will defend their - and your - right to believe.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #44
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
The 10 Commandments are put forth in the Old Testament which largely has as its source the Jewish Torah. It really doesn't matter where these laws first originated. What is historically demonstrable fact, is that the laws in the U.S. are based on the laws brought to this country by English settlers who were subject to English laws administered and enforced by English kings and queens who divined their legitimacy from the Christian God.

POST SCRIPT: I am not willing to universally defend the beliefs of others, e.g., Romney or Santorum, but I will defend their - and your - right to believe.

The Ten Commandments are Halakha Law. They are the laws given to Moses from I Am on Mt. Sinai. They are the written law of God Himself. This religious law however does not take away that these tenants were laid down thousands and thousands of years before the Tribes of Israel. They are sage advise written into law to preserve the peace amongst people and peoples. They are not dogma. The absolute shit that Santorum exposes is dogma, and I will defend with all my soul his right to hold such beliefs. I just will not vote for him for president nor will I stand by whilst the religious right tries to subvert our Constitution and our nation.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #45
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
but I will defend their - and your - right to believe.

Quote:
, and I will defend with all my soul his right to hold such beliefs..
What if their religious beliefs are to destroy you? Serious question.

WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women