Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41458
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #31
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default All sides are dard at some point. That includes yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
thats the WTF that we all know and detest

LOL

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #32
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default read

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
How many lives per barrel of oil is acceptable? Why are we letting the oil companies dictate foreign policy? It's not like we get the oil for free when we send our soldiers to die for it, the oil companies get the oil, at the expense of American lives and tax money, and then SELL the oil to us.

It may be sloganeering, but I stand by it. NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!!
hard to argue with zealotry

your position can be held about anything in the whole world. no blood for liberty!
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

If I had meant no blood for liberty, I would have said that. Liberty is a concept, oil is a product. There is a huge difference. We have all the oil we will need for a hundred years on American soil. Well, under it. There is no need to go die for oil. It is ONLY for oil company profits that we go die.

And consider this. In 1900, there were no airplanes, electricity was new, no radio, no TV, and what few automobiles there were ran on gasoline. In 2012, we have nano processors, we went to the moon over 40 years ago, we can hit a comet with a probe while it is moving at thousands of miles away, we have seen pictures from the surface of Mars, nearly everyone has a personal communication device with more computing power than Apollo 11. And what do automobiles run on? GASOLINE! It's insane we are still dependent on oil with all the progress made in other areas. But, the oil companies are big donors. Wonder if there is a connection?

So then you ask, should I send my son to war so you can have $3.00 per gallon gasoline? Is the life of my son worth a nickel of oil company profits? HELL NO!

And look at the laws being passed. We are easily giving up liberty without a drop of blood being shed. Consider this quote from Thomas Jefferson. We have not been fertilizing the tree of liberty, and it is dying.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms.
The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure.
"

I would not want my son to die in any cause, but the cause of freedom is an honorable one. The cause of oil company profiteering is not.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #34
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:
If I had meant no blood for liberty, I would have said that. Liberty is a concept, oil is a product. There is a huge difference. We have all the oil we will need for a hundred years on American soil. Well, under it. There is no need to go die for oil. It is ONLY for oil company profits that we go die.

And consider this. In 1900, there were no airplanes, electricity was new, no radio, no TV, and what few automobiles there were ran on gasoline. In 2012, we have nano processors, we went to the moon over 40 years ago, we can hit a comet with a probe while it is moving at thousands of miles away, we have seen pictures from the surface of Mars, nearly everyone has a personal communication device with more computing power than Apollo 11. And what do automobiles run on? GASOLINE! It's insane we are still dependent on oil with all the progress made in other areas. But, the oil companies are big donors. Wonder if there is a connection?

So then you ask, should I send my son to war so you can have $3.00 per gallon gasoline? Is the life of my son worth a nickel of oil company profits? HELL NO!

And look at the laws being passed. We are easily giving up liberty without a drop of blood being shed. Consider this quote from Thomas Jefferson. We have not been fertilizing the tree of liberty, and it is dying.

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

I would not want my son to die in any cause, but the cause of freedom is an honorable one. The cause of oil company profiteering is not.
how far and how many different "products" will you let be taken from you till liberty is gone? till the life as we know it is forever gone.

its not oil ..its liberty
its freedom
Old 01-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

oil = liberty. Now that is sad. No wonder we are in trouble we are in. You have bought into the lie the media extols. If it were truly about oil, we would be drilling here, in the US. But it is not. It is about oil company profits. How can another country take from us what we have plenty of? No, we send soldiers to die so oil companies can make bigger profits. That is not an acceptable sacrifice.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #36
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default running down the hall pulling my hair

Quote:
oil = liberty. Now that is sad. No wonder we are in trouble we are in. You have bought into the lie the media extols. If it were truly about oil, we would be drilling here, in the US. But it is not. It is about oil company profits. How can another country take from us what we have plenty of? No, we send soldiers to die so oil companies can make bigger profits. That is not an acceptable sacrifice.

arrrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Can't handle the truth, eh?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Don't forget about the Defense Industry. Plenty of profits there!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
When will you realize that the U.S. government is responsible for looking out for the interests of U.S. citizens first and foremost?
IB so my point is does that make it right? Every country has to look out for the right of it's people too- this is where Paul is right- we should mind our fucking busness. So just because a country is in a strategic location(militarily) and that country has a ruthless dictator we should not do anything because we don't want to lose that strategic position- how fucking insane is that I.B??? we supported Saddam yeah he was once our ally even when he gassed his own people, but as soon as he no longer cooperates with us he's the devil in the flesh?????
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #40
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
IB so my point is does that make it right? Every country has to look out for the right of it's people too- this is where Paul is right- we should mind our fucking busness. So just because a country is in a strategic location(militarily) and that country has a ruthless dictator we should not do anything because we don't want to lose that strategic position- how fucking insane is that I.B??? we supported Saddam yeah he was once our ally even when he gassed his own people, but as soon as he no longer cooperates with us he's the devil in the flesh?????
And your point is? You are looking through rosy, altruistic glasses and seeing the world as it never was and never will be.

Of course, the U.S. was allied with Saddam against an enemy theocracy in Iran. Likewise, the U.S. was allied with the Mujahideen - including bin Laden - against the U.S.S.R. The U.S. was allied with the Shah of Iran against the U.S.S.R. The U.S. was allied with the U.S.S.R. against Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo. The Christian nations of Great Britain and France were allied with the Islamic Ottomans against the Christian nation of Russia in Crimea in the 1850s. The 'most Christian king of France' allied with the Islamic Ottomans against the Holy Roman Emperor in the sixteenth century; thus, putting aside the fact that the Christian nations of Europe fought against the Ottomans throughout the Crusades. King Philip and Alexander the Great conquered the Greeks, and then the Greeks allied with Alexander to conquer Persia and into India (334 - 323 BCE). Twenty-five hundred years ago, in ancient Greece, the Greeks united to defeat the Persians at Salamis and Plataea. Subsequently, angling for power, some ancient Greek city-states allied with Persia against other Greek city-states. And so it goes. It's Machiavellian. It's Real Politik, and that's the nature of politics in a human world.

BTW, the Shah was never as ruthless as Stalin and his cohort, Khrushchev. In the real world, one must make real choices. There's no place for arm-chair generals who post-fact kibitz.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #41
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Yes, and let's look at where all those strategic alliances have gotten us. Trillions in debt, and not an ounce more secure. Wouldn't it be fun, just once, to live in country that actually stood up for its values and principles on the world stage? Instead, we sell our security to whatever tinhorn dictator who has something we want, or is in a strategic location.

Our liberty is almost gone because of our foreign policy over the last 60 years. Has it been worth it? Fuck no! These "enemies" are dreamed up and funded for the express purpose of lining the pockets of defense contractors, oil companies, and Wall Street banks.

One thing we can be sure of. No one is going to attack us. We owe them too DAMN MUCH MONEY!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yes, and let's look at where all those strategic alliances have gotten us. Trillions in debt, and not an ounce more secure. Wouldn't it be fun, just once, to live in country that actually stood up for its values and principles on the world stage? Instead, we sell our security to whatever tinhorn dictator who has something we want, or is in a strategic location.

Our liberty is almost gone because of our foreign policy over the last 60 years. Has it been worth it? Fuck no! These "enemies" are dreamed up and funded for the express purpose of lining the pockets of defense contractors, oil companies, and Wall Street banks.

One thing we can be sure of. No one is going to attack us. We owe them too DAMN MUCH MONEY!
Those, and other unmentioned strategic alliances, allowed the U.S. to "get" from 1776 to 2012.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #43
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! They didn't. But be that as it may, your points are well taken, but not convincing to me. I doubt I'll be able to convince you. So let's just get drunk together, that's the only way we'll resolve anything!

Old 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

But I might add, and I'm talking core principles now, not technology, the USA of 1776, or 1795, bears little resemblance to the USA of 2012. As a name, we have made it to 2012, but as an experiment in freedom, we have fallen way short. We have met the enemy, and he is us.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
LOL! They didn't. But be that as it may, your points are well taken, but not convincing to me. I doubt I'll be able to convince you. So let's just get drunk together, that's the only way we'll resolve anything!

Okay. We'll toast to that despot Napoleon who connived to cheat and bankrupt the U.S. when he sold Kansas (along with a couple of other places) to Jefferson.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women