Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70649
biomed162188
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453190
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48301
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37165
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #31
cliffbeefcake
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
Y'all have convinced me to pick up the books tomorrow. I'm gonna hold off on checking out the series though until I've finished them. How many are there?

Five:

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons
cliffbeefcake is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffbeefcake View Post
No tears for Tyrion? Damn ... I don't know if we can be friends. ;-) Seriously though, he's probably one of my favorite characters, along with Jon and Arya. He's just so beautifully honest about who and what he is, and the perfect counterpoint to his idiot sister.

You think Jon is Martel/Targaryen, eh? IIRC, Gregor boasted about killing the kids when the Lannisters sacked King's Landing. I can't see him keeping that kind of secret...he was a total prick. And it looks like he's back too. For the most part, I wish the dead characters would stay dead.

So if Jon isn't Lyanna's kid, what secret did she want Ned to keep?
Okay, here is the thing. I think the baby got switched. Maybe there was a Stark bastard and the babies got switched? I think the secret was the affair with Arthur Dayne to be honest. Made out to be much more than it was lol. I think he changed his mind somewhere in there. As for Gregor.......I think he definitely killed what he thought was Elia's son. Dunno, I just think the Martels are going to be seriously major players.
guest010313 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Still fifty possible storylines to play out and everyone's just guessing. GRRM isn't very good at closing off storylines, so at this rate, it's going to end up like Jordan's books...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #34
cliffbeefcake
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyGirl View Post
Okay, here is the thing. I think the baby got switched. Maybe there was a Stark bastard and the babies got switched? I think the secret was the affair with Arthur Dayne to be honest. Made out to be much more than it was lol. I think he changed his mind somewhere in there. As for Gregor.......I think he definitely killed what he thought was Elia's son. Dunno, I just think the Martels are going to be seriously major players.
Well, we know for sure Aegon was switched with another baby since he later comes back to Westeros with Jon Connington (I had forgotten about this earlier). Since Varys switched Aegon, he might have switched Rhaenys as well, but I kind of doubt it given how this society values men so much more than women, and I doubt Varys's motives were sentimental.

I agree completely that the Martels will be major players. I liked Oberyn and his daughters quite a bit; they were all complete badasses. I'm curious to see where GRRM takes the Martel story in the next book.

I disagree about Lyanna's secret. Arthue Dayne was more or less Rhaegar's bodyguard, right? So Dayne takes Lyanna away after Robert kills Rhaegar, Ned and the boys go and get her back...I don't think Lyanna and Dayne hooked up. While you might be right that GRRM was planning to use that as a major plot point early then changed his mind, I don't think that's the secret.

So who do you think is The Prince who was Promised? Dany? Aegon? Jon? I think those are your three dragon riders. Or was it someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Still fifty possible storylines to play out and everyone's just guessing. GRRM isn't very good at closing off storylines, so at this rate, it's going to end up like Jordan's books...
I don't think Brandon Sanderson would be a good fit to finish this series if GRRM dies before wrapping this up, though I have enjoyed Sanderson's WoT books almost as much as I enjoyed Jordan's earlier work. I think Joe Abercrombie would be just about perfect. In fact, who needs GRRM to die? Maybe he ought to just hand it off now, then we probably wouldn't have to wait five years between each book.
cliffbeefcake is offline   Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
Allie_Kat
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6154
My ECCIE Reviews

Damn, I need to hurry up and obtain a copy of A Dance With Dragons. I hope the TV series stays as close to the books as it's been doing, except for a few minor changes, I think it's doing well in that regard.
I wonder why they felt the need to make King Renly & Ser Loras lovers? Maybe to explain Ser Loras fierce devotion to him up until Renly's demise?
I was preoccupied with reading the Hunger Game trilogy and it left me wishing I'd never read them in the first place because of the way it ended.
Allie_Kat is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #36
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Is this what you guys are talking about or are you geeks of a different sort? LOL
Attached Images
File Type: png tumblr_luvmp7mPrV1qankvno1_500.png (378.1 KB, 62 views)
Bartman1963 is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #37
KenMonk
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

i have been watching the show and I watch it 2-3 times during the week before the new ep comes on... I love it and I would be willing to talk about it later.

I am holdiong off on reading, or even starting the books because im scared the show wont live up to the hype, but i have heard the books hold pretty true to the show.

Anyone can hop into chat and talk about it with me
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #38
b4life
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 20

awesome series...just think they should finish the book series before making a HBO series out of it
b4life is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #39
b4life
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyGirl View Post
I just feel like my entire point was missed.

SPOILERS COMING IN 2 INCHES

Jon gets stabbed brutally in the back just when it seems like he is needed most. How does this fit into the idea that he is supposed to be one of the three dragon riders? Now that Arya can see again (thank fuck!) how will she get back to Westeros? WHEN WILL SHE GET NYMERIA BACK????

Bueller.......Bueller......... .

Thought the wolf went wild and was leading a pack of smaller wolves on a killing spree
b4life is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
notanewby
Account Disabled

I love the series and think the tv show is extremely well done--I am about halfway through the first book and have purchased a set of the first four books--but I have decided to watch each season first before finishing the corresponding book to avoid spoiling the tv version. So for those of you who have read the series already--has this spoiled the experience of watching the show on T.V.??
notanewby is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:40 AM   #41
Tragore
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

What on Earth happened in the end of episode 4 !!!! Renly, you screwed man
Tragore is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #42
guest010313
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanewby View Post
I love the series and think the tv show is extremely well done--I am about halfway through the first book and have purchased a set of the first four books--but I have decided to watch each season first before finishing the corresponding book to avoid spoiling the tv version. So for those of you who have read the series already--has this spoiled the experience of watching the show on T.V.??
No it is a joy and a pleasure to watch the tv show. I am usually on the side of "omg they ruined it" when they make tv or movies (see the terrible Terry Goodkind adaptation) but they are just blowing me away. Some small changes but they are not distracting or irritating.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #43
guest010313
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4life View Post
Thought the wolf went wild and was leading a pack of smaller wolves on a killing spree
Oh Nymeria is totally a war wolf, but Arya hasn't gone full on skinchanger yet so they don't have the connection that they should.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #44
KenMonk
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj111 View Post
What on Earth happened in the end of episode 4 !!!! Renly, you screwed man
No joke what in the hell was that thing? I haven't read the books at all but I am sooo confused as to what is going on with that girl.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #45
Tragore
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
No joke what in the hell was that thing? I haven't read the books at all but I am sooo confused as to what is going on with that girl.
We do know she is a sorceress. Im guessing its a demon of some kind which Stannis is going to use to defeat Renly. Then again 2 episodes back she had sex with Stannis saying she is going to give him a heir. Technically that makes the smokey demon Stannis's son. Anyhow the surprise was when she took off her robe, being at term pregnancy in 2 episodes !!!!
Tragore is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women