Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #31
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Sorry, but McCain was a total failure as a candidate. Romney will do significantly better...and Romney's likeabikity is now polling higher than Obama.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #32
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default is there any sign, any glimmer, any hint, any nuance, any even, however fake, show of concern about the DEBT piling up by this bunch?

i watched the football game, when it was a commerical, id flip to clinton,,,he had his finger crooked in the air, next commercial, he still had his finger in the air. the next commercial i figured he was through and there would be "analysis" of his speech, flipped to clinton, he still had his crooked finger pointing at the camera...would this never end i thought? i caught a few words, same old clinton, they showed the crowd, such rapture as you might see only upon the visages of the saints at the gates of God. a while later i flipped back to clinton, he had both fingers in the air, waving them.

it was incredible

i have the distinct notion that way into the night, clinton was at his tivo, watching himself, rerunning his speech over and over, button holeing anyone dumb enough to get near him, "hey, whatta think? no, tell me, give it to me straight" "ahh, it was great butch, great"
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

TTH, you think Clinton's speech may turn the election. It won't. No one watched, no one cares. Preaching to the choir is all it was.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #34
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Most of the people who follow these conventions already have their mind made up. For the politicians it's all about energizing their followers to get out and work for the undecided vote. Phone banks, talking at the water cooler and the coffee shop, encouraging friends, co-workers, and acquaintances to register, stuff like that.

There have been a lot of good speeches in both conventions...they all use professional speechwriters who get paid a lot of money to come up with clever phrases and inspirational wording. And by nature as politicians they are all pretty good orators who can deliver a message.

The only speaker who in my opinion hurt his Party's cause was Clint Eastwood...the Akin idiot couldn't have hurt the Republicans any more if he had spoken.

This election will turn on the undecided vote. It's too close to call right now based on the polls. I know who I am voting for, but if he doesn't win I'm not gonna piss and moan for four years.
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #35
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post

If Obama is re-elected and he continues with his Keynesian economic strategy, the dollar will be worthless in four more years. It will take decades to recover, if we ever do.
If you would not be talking out of your ass you would do your homework first.

The dollar opened September 1, 2008 @ 1 Euro = $ 1.4699
The dollar opened September 1, 2012 @ 1 Euro = $ 1.2579
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #36
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Same here............but this morning's talking heads were pimping the speech with snippets and fawning commentary.... sadly, that is how the speech will be viewed and processed by the great unwashed masses (as Thomas Wright described them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
i watched the football game, when it was a commerical, id flip to clinton,,,he had his finger crooked in the air, next commercial, he still had his finger in the air. the next commercial i figured he was through and there would be "analysis" of his speech, flipped to clinton, he still had his crooked finger pointing at the camera...would this never end i thought? i caught a few words, same old clinton, they showed the crowd, such rapture as you might see only upon the visages of the saints at the gates of God. a while later i flipped back to clinton, he had both fingers in the air, waving them.

it was incredible

i have the distinct notion that way into the night, clinton was at his tivo, watching himself, rerunning his speech over and over, button holeing anyone dumb enough to get near him, "hey, whatta think? no, tell me, give it to me straight" "ahh, it was great butch, great"
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

People can get fooled by a great speech. You have to look behind the scenes at what is really happening. Hitler was a great speaker, but I'm not sure people looked closely at what was going on behind it all. (No, I'm not calling Clinton, or any speaker at either convention a Nazi, I'm just saying you can't trust a good speech on the basis of it's delivery alone.)
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #38
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Nothing

It is certainly a drag on your party when you have nothing to offer the country like is the predicament with poor Mitt.

He has no message of substance to provide except to criticize President Obama.

He has no persuasive personality to deliver his message even if he did have one.

. . . The GOP does not even have someone with the stature and charisma like former President Bill Clinton in their camp to fire up the troops with a truly rousing speech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Because Romney is the most politically unsaleable candidate to run for President since Michael Dukakis. And he has the worst platform since Herbert Hoover.
Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #39
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
This thread makes you appear gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Why should this thread be any different than all the rest?
COG will get on your ass for talking about the gays. Just a warning...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #40
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Clinton convention speeches didn't help Gore or Kerry, why will it help Obama?
Because he went after independents. He focused on that group with facts about Paul Ryan's bs budget plan. It spoke about the true facts and gave them a stark choice. It was brilliant and so were the Cowboys!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

News alert; the independents were watching NFL football or Big Brother.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #42
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
News alert; the independents were watching NFL football or Big Brother.
Shit I was watching football!

But the indy's were watching. It broke down the huge difference in each plan in simple terms. Obama will seal the deal in the debates. Mitt can not continue to lie about his fix. If that plan comes under hard question s he will look like a fool trying to defend it. Clinton exposed their weakness. Which is they have a lie for a fix.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #43
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Bill Clinton has publicly criticized NOBamas policies yet spoke in favor of him. You know Hillary is set to get some big promotion out of this. Wouldn't surprise me the least bit if Biden suddenly decided to step down and Hillary takes his place.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #44
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

WTF - what "fix" does NOBama have? He doesn't. Instead of trying to fix the economy, he spent his first year ramming the healthcare bill down our throats. That alone has and will cost us TRILLIONS!
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #45
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

If Obama loses; Hillary will run...and the party won't be able to blame Bill Clinton or hold grudges against Hillary. He was doing what was required and expedient for Hillary.

Bill owes Hillary for all the "standing by her man", Big Time.

Hillary doesn't want the VP slot under Obama 2nd term....it is a nowhere position for her.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women