Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70648
biomed162188
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453188
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48301
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37164
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #31
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I only do text after Ive met someone, I find it less intrusive than a phone call. If its ok to talk then I tell them to call me.
For first time meets I do email only and after screening etc I will text/call.
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #32
Satyrrical
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I've got this great app that turns my voice into a text and then back into my voice at the receiver end. It's even hands free!
Satyrrical is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 AM   #33
Nikkiforfun
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 10946
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonofHouston View Post
I dont mind texting to set something up, but there MUST be at least one phone call so I can hear the persons voice, and get a feel for the person..I just think that if a man dosnt want to call and actually have a converstaion with me, then he is hiding something and therefore must be avoided...and like Naomi said it can be annoying...
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGeisha View Post
I think most girls don't like texting because 1) some of us use a prepaid phone for the hobby which is usually annoying to text on or all the minutes are run up from a few texts 2) Most ladies have their number listed in a add and I would figure about 95% of texts are guys who will never book but just want to send nasty messages + pics of their cocks .I am sure after your screened if you tell a girl you may have to text it would be fine .
+1

I don't mind texts from guys I've seen before or from gentlemen that may have hearing impairment, as a couple have stated here. I can say that 99% of the texts I've ever gotten from people I haven't met before really were just guys wanting to chat and not meet. So, for initial contact, I prefer email or a call.
Nikkiforfun is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #34
1Jannessa
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 51846
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I do welcome all forms of communication although at times a verbal conversation is imperative. I truly use texting a lot & probably more than verbal convo or email but as previously stated guys should know & use proper etiquette when contacting a provider in any form because personally I am Not going to respond to anything via text in a manner that I wouldn't respond verbally. So guys if have questions about services or activities you will be refered to my reviews here or my p411 profile. I am a very private person and always seem to find myself in situations where I can't talk so I welcome the text and emails and understand that the client may also be in that situation.
1Jannessa is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

What ticks me off about texting. If a guy sends me a text and I'm driving, I'm not going to pull over right then and there, I'm going to wait until I get to my destination. Then if its 10-15 mins later, he cops an attitude with me because I wasn't quick enough for him.

Sorry, but I'm not wrecking my car or hurting anyone to hop on a text and some guys should be more considerate when it comes to that.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #36
fallen2842
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
Default Why No Texts ...

Being somewhat new to the hobby, I have read many provider ads and most have a stipulation on texting. I have, by contrast, seen a few that allowed texting.

Why do the majority of providers ask potential clients not to text them? ... mind you, I have been on dates where the text messages came in the entire time. I can only assume the texts are from regulars or from friends.

Educate me, please.

fallen2842
fallen2842 is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #37
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...highlight=text

Click the above link. There's been a few threads about this.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #38
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

For various reasons.

1: LEAVES A TRAIL! Some Men don't often think before they speak/text. And thus they start sexting the ladies in an unwarranted manner as IF that's going to work & get them seen.
Your TXT messages leave a trail. Regardless if your single. The ladies may not be.
And while some *think* it's easier than talking on the phone. It's NOT.
Texts can be read if phone were to be picked up by the wrong person.

Talking on the phone take but a few minutes and it allows you more time to clearly talk with the lady w/o leaving a word trail behind for mnths & years.

2. Texting doesn't allow for proper screening to be done. And those so called potential clients, tend to use texting as a means of by passing screening and by pass actually conversing with the lady.

3. The NEW texting/driving law. Even OPENING/READING a text can get you a huge fine. Thus, actual talking on the phone or sending hr an email/PM. Does a heck of lot more good than texting.

I despise texting. If someone has the time to text. They have the time to write an email & send a PM as most phones these days are internet friendly. You can put everything in ONE email/PM than you can in dozens of text messages.

That's my opinion. I'm sure others don't give a hoot as some gals don't screen and some men refuse to be screened. So it works out perfect for those who could care less about their safety or who's contacting them for a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen2842 View Post
Being somewhat new to the hobby, I have read many provider ads and most have a stipulation on texting. I have, by contrast, seen a few that allowed texting.

Why do the majority of providers ask potential clients not to text them?
... mind you, I have been on dates where the text messages came in the entire time. I can only assume the texts are from regulars or from friends.

Educate me, please.

fallen2842
Mature Companion is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #39
AllisonofHouston
Account Disabled

User ID: 9938
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Milf View Post

That's my opinion. I'm sure others don't give a hoot as some gals don't screen and some men refuse to be screened. So it works out perfect for those who could care less about their safety or who's contacting them for a date.
I hate the texting thing, if you dont want to call me to set up an appointment then mayb you are hiding something...If I get to know you then thats fine, but not on the first visit, i have to hear your voice, I have even had guys say, " I dont have a hobby phone " and tell me they are gonna call from a pay phone when they get in my area..hell no !!! if you dont have a hobby phone where you can call, then why are you hobbying ? Im sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread...carry on..lol !!
AllisonofHouston is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #40
jsparrow
Valued Poster

Calm down, please. I didn't have any cell phone (hobby or otherwise) when I started hobbying in 2006. When I told my first appointment I would call from a pay phone when I got to her area, she politely said "Hell No...no phone, no appointment". I answered that if it was that big a deal, I'd get a phone...which I did. I'm not an A**hole; I was just very wet-behind-the-ears and didn't understand the implications.

Got the phone, saw the Lady (my ATF until she retired), and have been happiliy hobbying ever after. And I certainly understand the risks and proper procedures much better now.
jsparrow is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM   #41
fallen2842
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

I didn't realize it was such a touchy issue. I didn't know so I thought I'd ask. I can understand the need to not leave an electronic trail, but the truth of the matter is e-mails and telephone calls have electronic trails. Just ask Eliot Spitzer or Ted Haggard.

I would never contact a woman, via text, who has such a prohibition in place. In fact, I try to adhere to the stated prerequisites of the several providers I've been with (such as trying to arrive on time, being completely clean and smelling nice and asking what their "dos and don'ts" are) before we begin any physical/intimate interaction.

Thanks for the information!

fallen2842
fallen2842 is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #42
whitechocolate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 92

Obviously from all the posts in the various threads, everyone has their preferences. We have texts, email, voice and PMs. It seems every provider has her preference and every client has his preference and often they dont mesh. All have their place and I usually tell providers that I prefer email as my first choice and voice second. I feel that for making initial contact a PM or email first is usually best followed by emails and voice and texts can be used for last minute planning. A lot depends on privacy concerns and the ability to respond at that moment in the method selected by the sender. There is no right or wrong here.
whitechocolate is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #43
AllisonofHouston
Account Disabled

User ID: 9938
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparrow View Post
Calm down, please. I didn't have any cell phone (hobby or otherwise) when I started hobbying in 2006. When I told my first appointment I would call from a pay phone when I got to her area, she politely said "Hell No...no phone, no appointment". I answered that if it was that big a deal, I'd get a phone...which I did. I'm not an A**hole; I was just very wet-behind-the-ears and didn't understand the implications.

Got the phone, saw the Lady (my ATF until she retired), and have been happiliy hobbying ever after. And I certainly understand the risks and proper procedures much better now.
Im sorry I didnt mean to come off sounding harsh, I just like to hear a voice , I can get a better feel for a person if I can talk to them..didnt mean to offend anyone...as for the hobby phone thing, I just dont understand how if someone who has been doing this for a bit dosnt have a hobby phone, since phones are so cheap, but if they are a newbie, then it can happen..didnt mean to offend anyone...I just dont like the numerous texts, like was said before if you can text for 30 minutes you can have a conversation......:gri n:
AllisonofHouston is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #44
shooter1a
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 15

Anyone not understanding the difference between text, conversation and e-mail is urged to read Marshall McCluen's "The Media is The Message."
This is very simple, Voice is hot, Text is warm and e-mail cooler. If you want to meet now, Voice. Tomorrow, text. Latter or chat, then e-mail. Use the media to enhance the message. If a lady does not answer right now she chould be busy.
Have you ever been called out of the shower to answer a spam call? Does that piss you off? Think if the lady is in session and you want to chat. She will not be happy with you. Text her and leave a phone number and let her call you back when she is not busy. You don't mind voice mail. Text is like voice mail without the problems of voice mail. But be aware that your text can get you into a lot of trouble as can an e-mail or voice mail. Use care and proper etiquette. Tiger woods got in a lot of trouble over a text message, so can you.
shooter1a is offline   Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #45
Mature Companion
Uninhibited Milf

User ID: 1768
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I believe we as adults, shooter. KNOW full well and have a great understanding of the difference between text, conversation and email.
We don't need to read any friggen book on something such as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter1a View Post
Anyone not understanding the difference between text, conversation and e-mail is urged to read Marshall McCluen's "The Media is The Message."
This is very simple, Voice is hot, Text is warm and e-mail cooler. If you want to meet now, Voice. Tomorrow, text. Latter or chat, then e-mail. Use the media to enhance the message. If a lady does not answer right now she chould be busy.
Have you ever been called out of the shower to answer a spam call? Does that piss you off? Think if the lady is in session and you want to chat. She will not be happy with you. Text her and leave a phone number and let her call you back when she is not busy. You don't mind voice mail. Text is like voice mail without the problems of voice mail. But be aware that your text can get you into a lot of trouble as can an e-mail or voice mail. Use care and proper etiquette. Tiger woods got in a lot of trouble over a text message, so can you.
Mature Companion is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women