Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 390
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60352
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48431
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41479
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #31
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
lol,now don't let it go to your head please
Which head?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #32
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Yes, and the harder people try to appear different the more they fit right in lol.

I have often noticed that the people who are truly unusual rarely go out of their way to call attention to their uniqueness . The same thing goes for people who are extremely intelligent They are often the ones who are able to relate to others on just about any level without any need to make anyone feel like they are less than them.

It is usually the people who are insecure about these issues who need to build themselves up by seperating themselves from others.
Hi Becky,

Within the context of this thread, it is hard to see these comments as being aimed at anyone but me. Granted, you could have just popped in out of the blue with a random thought; but I think, if we are both honest, despite qualifying your statement with words like "usually" and "often" they are intended for me.

"I have often noticed that the people who are truly unusual rarely go out of their way to call attention to their uniqueness ."

Look at the context. WTF had leveled ad hominem attacks indicating that I was using money to buy myself freedom from guilt, etc. That's pretty nasty. Especially as his attacks were in response to his ASSuME-ing that I had made attacks that I had not.

Rather than lashing back at him, I did the civilized thing and called myself weird. In essence, I blamed MYSELF for his attack. I wasn't trying to call attention to uniqueness, but rather to be nice.

Then you come along and interpret my self-deprecating attempt to excuse WTFs attacks by blaming myself as ... what? My being mundane?

But ... let me ask, is there any way in which you attempt to distinguish yourself from other providers in your marketing? Make yourself unique? Or do you say: "I'm identical to all the other ladies except I charge more?" Well, using your logic, if you DO attempt to distinguish yourself, that only proves how very ordinary you are.

On the contrary, I think you are quite unique, your marketing reflects that, and it works. If it didn't work, you'd be charging a lot less.

"The same thing goes for people who are extremely intelligent They are often the ones who are able to relate to others on just about any level without any need to make anyone feel like they are less than them."

I certainly didn't try to make anyone feel somehow "less" than me.

WTF stated that I tried to make people feel special via money. Again, something pretty nasty.

I responded with the other things I actually have done. Now, to me, these are ordinary everyday things. The fact that others interpret it as bragging is not my problem. Nothing in that list is extraordinary except for maybe the fact I'm a nice guy. But there are lots of nice guys.

Interestingly, you build a paradox into this. That is, if anyone misunderstands me, it is automatically due to my own intellectual deficiencies.

Fine. By your standard, if I have misunderstood YOU, it can only be because you aren't very bright. Do you see the fallacy of this? Maybe, if I misunderstand you, there are a thousands other explanations besides your own deficiencies. Maybe it is my own fault if I misunderstand. Just sayin'.

"It is usually the people who are insecure about these issues who need to build themselves up by seperating themselves from others."

Please note that my responses on issues of self esteem were in response to an attack by WTF stating that I was trying to buy self-esteem.

In other words, Becky -- I didn't gratuitously initiate that data. It was all in response to WTF's presumably good-natured ad-hominem attacks.

The nature and tone of my responses was intended to keep it light and keep it topical.

Now I don't think you are a bad person or WTF is a bad person. I'm sure you are perfectly fine people.

But between you and WTF portraying me as a guilt-ridden, insecure, self-worthless, unintelligent, mundane person who is trying to buy self-respect; I find it extremely ironic that you don't see it as trying to make me feel myself to be less than you.

Again, I don't really mind -- I see it all as good clean fun. But I really was surprised to hear from you in this way; because my evaluation of your fair-mindedness wouldn't have allowed for you to be engaging in public shaming of a guy who was merely trying to good-naturedly defend himself from hopefully good-natured ad hominem attacks.
~L
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #33
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default calmness..blue everything is blue and soft pastels..pink even

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
WTF had leveled ad hominem attacks indicating that I was using money to buy myself freedom from guilt, etc. That's pretty nasty. Especially as his attacks were in response to his ASSuME-ing that I had made attacks that I had not.

Rather than lashing back at him, I did the civilized thing and called myself weird. In essence, I blamed MYSELF for his attack. I wasn't trying to call attention to uniqueness, but rather to be nice.

WTF stated that I tried to make people feel special via money. Again, something pretty nasty.

It was all in response to WTF's presumably good-natured ad-hominem attacks.

The nature and tone of my responses was intended to keep it light and keep it topical.

Now I don't think you are a bad person or WTF is a bad person. I'm sure you are perfectly fine people.

WTF portraying me as a guilt-ridden, insecure, self-worthless, unintelligent, mundane person who is trying to buy self-respect;
~L
when WTF first took umbrage at your post for perhaps the sake of having something to write about......rather feigned indignation, it seemed to me, i might add.....when it was fairly evident by just reading and considering your post what you meant and that no disrepect or air of superiority was meant, i arose to alarm.

i was impressed by your cool, calm, good-natured response to his attacks and i even wrote a post that i decided to delete praising you for your level-headedness in spite of and in face of wicked assaults.

now i am compelled to tell you that, as you are under unjust attack, and no longer can i merely hide faceless behind a protective coverlet of silence should i wish to continue to consider myself fearless.

besides WTF is impish
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #34
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
That shows she is really good at providing: getting you to think that it really isn't about the money. Actually, it isn't about anything else. You wouldn't even have met without the money.
You are misisng the point. Whatever the price point, simply having the required amount of $$ does not ensure a meet. It seems really hard for you to grasp that women actually want to enjoy the person they are spending time with. Whilst this is a business for many women...it's not a job and nor do we want it to be. One of the reasons that many women prefer not to work for an agency or use a screener is to avoid the "You will fuck whoever I screen" approach.
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Yes it was good clean fun. You pass with flying colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post

But between you and WTF portraying me as a guilt-ridden, insecure, self-worthless, unintelligent, mundane person who is trying to buy self-respect; I find it extremely ironic that you don't see it as trying to make me feel myself to be less than you.

Again, I don't really mind -- I see it all as good clean fun. But I really was surprised to hear from you in this way; because my evaluation of your fair-mindedness wouldn't have allowed for you to be engaging in public shaming of a guy who was merely trying to good-naturedly defend himself from hopefully good-natured ad hominem attacks.
~L
rotflmao great post Laurentius......Becky is good peeps. I doubt she was talking about you. My guess it was just a general statement. Or it could of been directed at me! lol Who knows but her statement had soundness so if you won't have a guilty conscious over it, I sure as hell won't either.

All I was trying to do was to get you to think outside the proverbal box (yes that was a pun intended). Maybe get you to think that you can pay well to other in different professions that you may not want to also bed. Make that waitress feel special in your next encounter.....

btw...do not pay attention to this nevergivesitashrug fellow. He probably needs to be in the clean your vagina thread. His fearless vagina apparently is dirty and in need of a washing! We are having clean good-natured ad-hominem attacks in this thread. We'll not have one rotten vagina ruin our thread!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #36
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
You are misisng the point. Whatever the price point, simply having the required amount of $$ does not ensure a meet. It seems really hard for you to grasp that women actually want to enjoy the person they are spending time with. Whilst this is a business for many women...it's not a job and nor do we want it to be. One of the reasons that many women prefer not to work for an agency or use a screener is to avoid the "You will fuck whoever I screen" approach.
I guess the question then becomes, "How do you use the scales?" Picture in your mind the scales of justice. On one side is the donation. On the other is the enjoyment. How often do you accept a date where the donation exceeds the weight of the expected enjoyment? And how often does the donation play a small part because the expected enjoyment exceeds the weight of the donation?

Although I can't speak for the ladies (and I've been shot down by Ansley for this thought), I strongly suspect that to donation can make up for a severe lack on the enjoyment side of the scale.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I guess the question then becomes, "How do you use the scales?" Picture in your mind the scales of justice. On one side is the donation. On the other is the enjoyment. How often do you accept a date where the donation exceeds the weight of the expected enjoyment? And how often does the donation play a small part because the expected enjoyment exceeds the weight of the donation?

Although I can't speak for the ladies (and I've been shot down by Ansley for this thought), I strongly suspect that to donation can make up for a severe lack on the enjoyment side of the scale.
CT, here you are singing the "poor pitiful me" song again about your encounters. It was one month ago today, I suggested that you write up your fictitional "good encounter".

You implied to try that and said it might take you a couple of days.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=471203&postcount=25

If your follow through in your encounters, is anything like your follow through to this task, it might explain that the problem is "the man in the mirror".

Or is it that you just like to complain?
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #38
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
CT, here you are singing the "poor pitiful me" song again about your encounters. It was one month ago today, I suggested that you write up your fictitional "good encounter".

You implied to try that and said it might take you a couple of days.

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=471203&postcount=25

If your follow through in your encounters, is anything like your follow through to this task, it might explain that the problem is "the man in the mirror".

Or is it that you just like to complain?
RK, several things spring to mind:
  1. Nothing in my post said anything about me, and my "poor pitiful me" attitude as you put it. I was merely responding to Camille's post, and it was a statement of opinion.
  2. Ever since I got a lot of flack on this board from a number of people about the "poor pitiful me" attitude, I have refrained from posting anything about me. It started in jest, but apparently it got to be too much for this board.
  3. Yes, I did imply that I would write a fictional review. I haven't done it because I realized after mulling it over for a week or so that it was a rather impossible task. I realized that I wanted to be a regular, but had no capability of doing so realistically.
  4. Yes, I'm sure that the problem might be a man in the mirror syndrome (I find it bizarre that you would pick a Michael Jackson hit; you don't seem the type ), but unlike you, I'm willing to admit some of my faults.
  5. And no, I'm not a complainer. Got over that a long time ago.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #39
cliffhangernlv
Registered Member

All the above are so very true.
cliffhangernlv is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women