Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70700
biomed162455
Yssup Rider60307
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48417
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41388
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35785
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #31
cinnamonshark
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Thumbs up

Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 80% rating. It has also been nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar. Haven't seen it yet, but seems very interesting.

For those who have seen it, do you thinck it is very similar to "The Hurt Locker?"
cinnamonshark is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:15 PM   #32
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonshark View Post
Rotten Tomatoes gave it an 80% rating. It has also been nominated for a "Best Picture" Oscar. Haven't seen it yet, but seems very interesting.

For those who have seen it, do you thinck it is very similar to "The Hurt Locker?"
Eastwood is not a popular figure in Hollywood. There is no way, in hell, that a movie about a war in Iraq would get best picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutphen View Post
EZ I will take the desert any day over hot and wet. I'm with you one combat patrol with the Iraqis would have Moore and Rogen pissing their pants and crying for their mommies.
It all sucks. The worst thing is that you will think about it every day as long as you live.

This pictures opened with $105 million in receipts. You know the liberal crowd hates that. Duty, honor, country isn't something that libs identify with.

Everyone is talking about this picture. They have seen it and loved it or they plan to see it.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #33
RosesforLola
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 117407
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation

I saw the movie yesterday...the movie was great! It gives you a chance to actually see what the Navy Seals do and how they train.

Chris was so dedicated to this country, truly amazing.
RosesforLola is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #34
LickHer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERwhynot View Post
I saw it Friday night. I've never been that touched by a movie.
What happened at the theater was a first for me.
There wasn't a peep (other than sniffles) heard during the entire show.
At the end of the show, nobody moved until the last credit was shown & the lights came up.
Even as people where leaving, still not a sound but sniffles.

Chris is a true American Hero. He wasn't in it for glory but to serve his country and fellow soldiers. The men & women who serve deserve so much more than what our government provides.
Saw it Saturday night and the exact same thing happened at the end, except there was clapping for a short period then silence again and nobody spoke when exiting the theater... AWESOME movie
LickHer is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM   #35
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonshark View Post

I enjoyed Hurt Locker, but in a different way. Great flick, captured the horrible situation there, but I didn't have the personal connection I did with Chris Kyle. He is a real person, a Texan, someone whose story we knew before the movie came out. In addition this explores home life much more than Hurt Locker did. It was almost an afterthought in Hurt Locker. It is a focus in American Sniper.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #36
mayday
Valued Poster

what a waste of our finest. they fight and die for reasons unknown but to protect their own. they are true heros. these fine young men and women need to come home where they belong.
mayday is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:20 PM   #37
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

Encounters: 8

Thanks to all about keeping this thread about the movie and not getting into the politics.

It was a great movie. Eastwood shot it western style and tells a great story. I didn't think much of Bradley Cooper as an actor before this. He was great.

I was glad I was watching it at home alone the first time. I knew his story but I still cried afterwards; sadness, pride, joy, and more sadness came pouring out of me.

Had to watch it about 6 or 7 more times to catch some of the nuances I missed the first time.

Chris Kyle's work with vets after the war was just as important to his recovery and others as was his role over there. It's a crying shame it was cut short. He could have helped so many more.

Thank God for sheepdogs.

I will be surprised if it doesn't get best picture by the Academy.
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #38
autumnamnesiac79
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

i know there are a lot of heated political opinions, but jesus christ have i never seen so many damn hipster youth talk shit about america since a movie came out. fucking privileged fucks.
want to go see it tho.
.02 cents
autumnamnesiac79 is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #39
ERWhyNot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakereed View Post
The end gets you especially if living in DfW. Even If Eastwood would not have driven home the ending with the funeral etc, the story was amazing.
The end was the hardest part of the movie for me. I live in Midlothian and was on the side of the highway with the rest of the community during the funeral persession. Just seeing the videos included in the moving brought all of that back.

I am dumbfounded how the people that are so critical of this movie and Chris Kyle have forgotten that they have the freedoms they enjoy because of the sacrifices people like Chris have made for them. If we do not tell these stories, future generations will forget too.

No matter what your political stance on war is; you should never forget those who fight every day so that you can sleep good at night.
ERWhyNot is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #40
eccienewbie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I found it to be a good but not great film. If you find the film great, then...well, GREAT! But if you go in with my assessment in mind, I'll almost guarantee you won't be disappointed as it certainly qualifies as a "good" film.

I offer the foregoing only so that nobody will walk in with unrealistic expectations, which I think is a very real possibility given the emotion connected with the subject matter and the whiplash effect to Mr. Moore's completely out of place and irresponsible comments which may lead some to want to like the film more than it merits standing on its own. Go in expecting an entertaining (yeah, I'm not entirely comfortable with that adjective, but...) 2 hours (a little longer, actually) and you'll walk out pleased (not real comfortable using that word, either, but...). Maybe more than pleased, 'cause mine is only one opinion and it's worth what you paid for it.
eccienewbie is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #41
Trill Jackson
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERwhynot View Post

I am dumbfounded how the people that are so critical of this movie and Chris Kyle have forgotten that they have the freedoms they enjoy because of the sacrifices people like Chris have made for them. If we do not tell these stories, future generations will forget too.

No matter what your political stance on war is; you should never forget those who fight every day so that you can sleep good at night.
How did the Iraq war make us safer?
Trill Jackson is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #42
MooneyFlyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Useful read

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2015/01/2...erican-sniper/
MooneyFlyer is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #43
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Jackson View Post
How did the Iraq war make us safer?
You were asked once. Please keep it on topic.

Dont have a comment about the book or the movie, start your own thread.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #44
funtimeguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53
Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickHer View Post
Saw it Saturday night and the exact same thing happened at the end, except there was clapping for a short period then silence again and nobody spoke when exiting the theater... AWESOME movie
Saw it Saturday as well, a round of applause then silence throughout the credits and not a word was said by anyone walking out.
funtimeguy is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 02:07 AM   #45
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Having read about this person while he was alive, and then ... being absolutely horrified reading about the way that he died, I've been interested in this film.

But I don't have a herd mentality. (Not to suggest that anyone HERE does! )

I feel that we need to recognize that this person was very real and had faults.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...y-seal-sniper/

When I read what Michael Moore had said, I was offended. And I understand how others are and were.

This is a touchy subject.

But let's see this as a film about a person with flaws. REAL flaws.

This person did his job. And did it well. I'm a huge fan of Eastwood films but I was sick (with the cold from HELL!) when it came out and I'm not getting out into crowds right now. Just getting back on my feet and so I haven't see the film.

Yet.

I'm looking forward to it. (Since when is Eastwood not admired by Hollywood? I've loved his films in the past. Doubt this will be any different!)

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/m...hris_kyle.html

I haven't read many articles about the film. The one above, praises the film but also offers a few alternative viewpoints as well. Thought that it offered some balance, anyway.

I saw Bradley Cooper interviewed on some television shows while laying on the couch last week. It was really interesting that the movie was being researched, and Eastwood and Cooper were spending time with Kyle, before he was killed.

That has to add some balance to the whole way that the film was presented and finally, created.

Warmly,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women