Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41545
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Do I believe it's a theory? Sure.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #32
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Gang Bangs are no theory.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
SofaKingFun
Unfuckwithable

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.R.L. View Post
If there's no God, then where did we come from, Apes?

If man came from apes, why are there still apes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojo213 View Post
Dont forget there's a directive.....

From God? Would that not be called The Supreme Directive? Would it be called the same if one is a non-Christian?

SofaKingFun is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiaofhouston View Post
Your a scientologist?
Uh no..

I think your reading too much into what my post said.
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default You get home schooled and skip science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun View Post
Just because there are mules, don't mean there aren't anymore horses or jackass.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #36
tracer
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
Ah, an agnostic! The people with the fence poles up their butt sitting there just in case they really do meet God after they die! I love agnostics...
Not at all. I was raised Christian and no interpretation of which I am aware says I can sit confused and still be alright if I happen to meet God after dying, nor is that my intent. Sounds to me like we hold the same opinions, but are separated by semantics. There is obviously no proof there is a God. Hell, even Christians admit there is no proof, that it requires faith. Atheists refuse to do the same. Atheists argue they KNOW there is no God. I am not blessed with such wisdom. My thoughts are founded in a scientific and pure logic approach. Thus, I will tell you that I do not believe there to be a God, but cannot prove it. The only difference between myself and an Atheist is that they state their opinion as fact. I state the same opinion, but acknowledge that it is opinion. Atheists and Christians are completely identical in furor over someone stating the obvious, that there is no way either will ever prove themselves correct. One or the other may present a much stronger case, as I believe to be the case, but proving is an entirely different thing.
tracer is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #37
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
Not at all. I was raised Christian and no interpretation of which I am aware says I can sit confused and still be alright if I happen to meet God after dying, nor is that my intent.
Not saying that. But right up until the very second of death, most religions allow some sort of repentance to forgive everything, but you have to allow for the possibility of that belief, which I don't. Agnostic athiests, agnostic thiests, and theists leave themselves an "out" so to speak.

Quote:
Sounds to me like we hold the same opinions, but are separated by semantics. There is obviously no proof there is a God. Hell, even Christians admit there is no proof, that it requires faith. Atheists refuse to do the same. Atheists argue they KNOW there is no God. I am not blessed with such wisdom. My thoughts are founded in a scientific and pure logic approach.
Then you must admit that there is no god. Applying the scientific method to the study of a god automatically rules out such an existence. Having a theory that a god exists doesn't mean that it exists, nor does it mean that there is even a possibility of existence. The beauty of the scientific method is that it's constrained by our current understanding of the universe and a "fact" today doesn't necessarily mean that same thing is a "fact" tomorrow. There is no valid application of the scientific method to try and prove that something doesn't exist. It simply doesn't exist until the scientific method proves that it does. Leaving the existence of a god as a theory is fine, but that doesn't even begin to prove that a god doesn't NOT exist. Where agnostics have trouble is that they REFUSE to accept the scientific and logical facts and still somehow hold that we cannot possibly know a "truth" when in fact a "truth" is known right this very second.

For some reason, people tend to think of a god as something that even if we have no scientific evidence that it exists, that somehow induces a doubt in their minds that it may STILL exist and we just don't know about it. That thinking doesn't hold true for anything else in our world as universally as the god concept.

Quote:
Thus, I will tell you that I do not believe there to be a God, but cannot prove it.
Then you're an athiest, you're not a true agnostic. True agnostics refuse to believe in either the existence or nonexistence of a God.

Quote:
The only difference between myself and an Atheist is that they state their opinion as fact. I state the same opinion, but acknowledge that it is opinion.
Again, not a true agnostic view. True agnostics refuse to accept an opinion either way about God. Agnostics don't care about proof or opinions, they think that we cannot possibly know if God exists or doesn't exist, and hence will never have an opinion or belief either way. Agnostic athiests believe as you do.

Quote:
Atheists and Christians are completely identical in furor over someone stating the obvious, that there is no way either will ever prove themselves correct. One or the other may present a much stronger case, as I believe to be the case, but proving is an entirely different thing.
Again, athiests don't have to prove that a god doesn't exist. That's like saying that Anti-nuclearists have to prove that an element with an atomic number of 122 doesn't exist. We don't have to prove any such thing, right now, today, in our frame of reference, it doesn't exist! Until someone makes that discovery, it doesn't exist. Right now, today, there has been no discovery of a god, so a god doesn't exist, but for some reason people still have to leave a little room for doubt (probably because they're psychologically scared of the reprecussions of a possible afterlife brought on by religious people), and they say that athiests have to prove a god doesn't exist, which is incorrect. God doesn't exist until someone proves he does, that's the end of the story.

You do know what an agnostic is right? Agnosticism has nothing to do with a belief in a god, it has to do with the KNOWLEDGE of such things. Theists have a belief in a god. Athiests have an absence of a belief in a god. Agnostics try and sit themselves on the fence to justify their indecision, when in 99% of the cases their decision is already made. A true agnostic has no belief, opinion, feeling, or anything else about the existence of a god. An Agnostic Athiest has an absence of belief that a god exists but believes that they must prove that, and they can't. An Agnostic Theist has a belief that a god exists but admits they can't prove it. I've only met one true agnostic, and I've had this conversation a LOT since I first started exploring my "religious beliefs" eight years ago.

Athiests, Agnostic Athiests, Agnostic Theists, Theists. If you're even talking about a god (except to offer up that you have no opinion), you're not a true agnostic. Almost everyone falls as either an athiest or a theist. I despise true agnostics, and don't have much respect for agnostic athiests or agnostic theists, but that conversation is much different and a bit longer.

At the end of the day, you're still an athiest, you just see fit to put qualifications on it, which even according to your own reasoning, are wrong, but that's still your option.
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #38
Raccoon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat19542001 View Post
OH TOPCAT!!!!
LMFAO
Raccoon is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #39
MOCHAakaMOCHA
Hot, Smooth & Full-Bodied

User ID: 57609
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
So what do atheist women scream when they are cumming?
'

Haha I still say oh my god lol .....or oh oh o oh something like that lol

And I identify as an 'weak atheist' or agnostic Atheist.
MOCHAakaMOCHA is offline   Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #40
essence
Valued Poster

Just to be clear - the theory of evolution does NOT say that man come from apes.

It is simply a (dumb) debating ploy, playing to the crowd, to suggest that apes are our ancestors. Can;t be bothered to look up the idiot who first declaimed this nonsense, but it goes back to the original debate, with huxley et al.

Oh alright, here is the first thing which came up in google.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/thuxley.html

It's only 150 years ago that evolution won the day.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:35 AM   #41
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun View Post
They are the ones that wouldn't convert.
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #42
blowpop
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Like most Americans, I grew up with religion. As a kid it was easy to look at other religious belief systems as silly stories for the ignorant or naive. Thor raining down lightning bolts from the sky? Zeus running the show from a mountain that happened to be near his followers? Evil caused by aliens that were released from volcanos by atomic bombs? God who has a kid who is really him, who is all-powerful but is killed, and who rises like a zombie?

Those beliefs were fine a thousand years ago when science was unknown, especially to the masses. But to cling to an antique mythology that contradicts what we can observe and test stretches credibility for me. I finally had to ask myself: Where's the proof?

We live in an incredibly intricate, but understandable world. We've grown to understand laws of nature which are never, ever, ever violated. Yet we're asked to ignore all this proof around us in order to accept the mythological stories from scores of centuries ago as fact?

I think it takes a great deal of suspension of disbelief in order NOT to be an atheist. Heck, every one of us is, in most ways, an atheist.

If you're a Christian, you don't believe in any of the Hindu gods, or the ancient Greek gods, for example. True atheists take it one step further - they don't believe in your preferred god, either.

Could there exist an intelligence that created the universe? It's certainly possible. But there's no evidence that this was the case, and there's also no evidence that any of the world's religion's beliefs are any more valid than any other mythology that we're happy to dismiss.

But my mind is open. Show me proof - don't ask me to "believe". Once you can convince someone to "believe" without evidence, you can get him to do anything.
blowpop is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #43
topcat19542001
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpop View Post
Once you can convince someone to "believe" without evidence, you can get him to do anything.
Amen brother!
TopCat
topcat19542001 is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #44
rwksl
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeuр View Post
We don't know. There are loads of theories, but no definitive proof. Unlike believers, we choose to say "we don't know..."
Spoken like a true agnostic.
rwksl is offline   Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #45
Allen Woody
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I like this guy Wakeup
Allen Woody is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women