Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70702
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41455
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 09-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
So you are more concerned with what Romney said and when he said it than the fact that two acts of war have occurred and Americans have died?
No. Where did I ever say that? Please point to ANY post I made that said or implied that I was more concerned about Romney's statement than Americans dying.

I made the post to point out that Mitt Romney did something foolish.

Just because I made a statement about X, it doesn't mean I don't car about Y. That's a logical fallacy. Stop reading things into posts that just aren't there.

Quote:
You are a low life piece of work X NYr. Get thee back to your birthplace.
Nice. Real intellectual retort that.

In another post you wrote "snick" after referring to me as a NY conservative. Are you in 8th grade? Do you think that Texas roots makes some kind of arbiter of what is and is not a conservative? I think not.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
GQ Romantic
Registered Member

GQ Romantic is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #33
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
By the way, your timeline is wrong.
My timeline isn't wrong because I don't have one.

Reread my original post.

I think you have me confused with other posters.

My criticism of what Romney said applies whether it was said after the riots, but before the deaths, or after the deaths.

And your emphasis on a timeline is useless by the way. Whether or not Romney's first statement came before or after the embassies were invaded and our people were killed is a moot point.

Because later in the day Romney REPEATED the stupidity AFTER both attacks:

"We join together in the condemnation of attacks on the American embassies and the loss of American life and join in sympathy for these people. It’s also important for me — just as it was for the White House, last night by the way — to say that the statements were inappropriate, and in my view a disgraceful statement on the part of our administration to apologize for American values... "

So you can stop pointing to timelines to try to bail Mitt out.

After an attack on Americans, you keep your mouth shut and express condolences. After a week or so you can release measured statements questioning the judgement of the administrations policies and how they may have led to the attacks. But NOT while the bodies are still warm.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

So the Democratic Underground didn't like Romney's comments. I'm shocked. I thought he did a great job, and I don't praise Romney much.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
I went and looked it up, the Romney statement was made ten hours after the Cairo embassy was invaded and the flag burned. It was released two hours later. So twelve hours after an act of war occurred Romney made his statement but Obama was no where to be found. Does that tell you something?
Yes, it tells me Obama was being careful. He didn't jump up his horse and ride off in every direction.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Lets get this out of the way. Obama was elected to lead. He has failed at every turn and he is still failing. Lives have been lost again. I expect a statement from him before anyone else. Even today, he put Hillary out front (to take the arrows???) before he came out. I don't think much of a man who hides behind a woman political correctness be damned.

As for you being from New York, while you are all being so sophisticated on the coast we have to put up with all your bullshit. It starts in NY and CA and spreads like vomit. If you want to live in the west, midwest, or Texas then I guess you have to get used to people looking at you very funny. Have you been asked if you know Seinfeld yet?

I don't think Romney said anything that was stupid. I'm smart enough to ignore the mainstream media and their games. Maybe you haven't heard, a hot mike picked up a CBS news woman colluding with another journalist on just how they wanted to make Romney look at the press conference. They are protecting Waldo....I mean Obama.

You still haven't answered the question, who is the conservative that should be president.

LOL, I 'm watching a clip from 60 Minutes where Waldo was saying that Romney shot first and aimed later. This from "...the policeman acted stupidly..." and "...if I had a son he would look like Treyvon...".
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #37
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
So your defense of "Sullivan is a Conservative" hinges on the definition of "campaign" ?

"a series of coordinated activities, such as public speaking and demonstrating, designed to achieve a social, political, or commercial goal ⇒ a presidential campaign, an advertising campaign".
I guess you missed the word "coordinated", huh? When Sully posts a blog entry and states his opinion or goes on Colbert Report to make commentary, who is he "coordinating" with? Obama? The DNC?

Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
By definition Sullivan campaigns for his point of view every time he writes an opinion piece....and the fact that he wrote and spoke repeatedly during the 2008 campaign, in favor of voting for Obama confirms it.
Apparently NOT by definition, since he is not coordinating with others, just giving his opinion.

Opinion writing and speaking on talk shows is not campaigning. Talk to me when he starts organizing Obama rallies or speaking at Obama campaign events.

But Sullivan, like most commentators on the right and left, does not do that. They deliberately stay as outsiders to campaigns.

Like I said, words have meaning. And opinion writing doesn't constitute campaigning just because you wish it to be so.

Bill Clinton campaigns on behalf of Obama. Elizabeth Warren campaigns on behalf of Obama.

Sullivan does not. Even if he prefers Obama to Romney.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #38
CJ7
Valued Poster

lets get this out of the way too

JDSL, youre a bilnd partisan idiot
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

He doesn't have to "coordinate" with others; his opinion pieces, his journalism is part of his social activism............he doesn't write his columns in a vacuum. He writes them for a purpose, with an objective in mind....he shares the same values as Obama... Hence it is coordinated, to the goal of electing Obama and social changes that Sullivan favors. Do I have to post a definition of coordinate for you ?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #40
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
So no, Romney didn't disgrace himself; he distinguished himself.
Usually i attempt to use a more subtle means, maybe even relying on heavy sarcasm to get my point across.

Not here. You are one dumb bitch.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #41
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

You betcha OH !

Romney looked Presidential; he stood up for American values and took press questions, while the other guy ran away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post

Romney didn't disgrace himself; he distinguished himself.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #42
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
As for you being from New York, while you are all being so sophisticated on the coast we have to put up with all your bullshit. It starts in NY and CA and spreads like vomit. If you want to live in the west, midwest, or Texas then I guess you have to get used to people looking at you very funny. Have you been asked if you know Seinfeld yet?
Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder about folks from NY. So, I'm not even going to bother to reply. If you hooked on stereotypes about people from different parts of the county, nothing I say will do any good.

One question though: How exactly does vomit spread? I thought it just kind of lays there.

Quote:
You still haven't answered the question, who is the conservative that should be president.
i don't know. I paid most of my attention to the actual announced candidates and they sucked, for the most part.

I thought Huntsman was better than the rest of the announce candidates, but he was condemned just because he was an ambassador during the Clinton years. And, oh yeah, he was a Mormon, so that was Strike 2 as far as the Bible thumpers are concerned. He got about 3% support in the polls.

I liked Senator Lamar Alexander, but he is a bland as cardboard, which make him unelectable. Senator Marco Rubio seems good, but he is still something of an unknown quantity, maybe too green, and may just be flavor of the month.

Governors are probably better sources of leadership than Senators. I think Gov. Chris Christie is a good conservative, but he is too gruff, which make him unelectable. Gov. Mitch Daniels would have been a better candidate then nearly all of the above. But he refused to run because of the merciless treatment his personal life would have undergone. And that is tragic. He and his wife had a big falling out TWENTY years ago when she left him. He took her back and they seem to be happy since then. But the savages in the liberal press would have had a field day with digging up all that dirt. He did not want his wife and his life to be fodder for jokes and cheap shots on the Bill Maher Show and the Huffington Post. And I do not blame him.

Now, tell us who YOU think is a good conservative. Surely you don't think Mitt is the best the GOP can do?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #43
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Quote:
He doesn't have to "coordinate" with others; his opinion pieces, his journalism is part of his social activism............he doesn't write his columns in a vacuum. He writes them for a purpose, with an objective in mind....he shares the same values as Obama... Hence it is coordinated, to the goal of electing Obama and social changes that Sullivan favors. Do I have to post a definition of coordinate for you?
Yes, you should post one. So you can read it and learn what coordinated means. Apparently you don't

By the very definition, you posted he DOES have to coordinate with others to be campaigning.

How exactly does one person "coordinate" by himself? Is that anything like the sound of one hand clapping?

Coordinating requires concerted, planned efforts to work WITH OTHERS. It is not a solo activity. No matter how much you desire it to be.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You think Christie is a conservative??? Yes, you are a New Yorker. What do you want? experience, values, pizzazz? I think Herman Cain, Sarah Palin or Rubio would have the experience, values, and pizzazz to be great candidates. You probably disagree with two of the three but you probably spent a lot of time watching MSNBC. I don't think you were here in Kansas City when with 48 hours notice Sarah Palin brought out 10,000 people in a rally for Sarah Steelman in Clinton, MO. I don't think Master O could have pulled that off without bussing in his union pals.

FYI, I spent four years stationed up there and even marched in the 4th of July parade in New York City. One memory I have is from 1985. The Royals and the Cardinals were both in the World Series. They were on the cover of USA Today. I watched one guido pick up a copy, shake his head, and say that the series didn't matter without a real team playing. A number of people around agreed with him. Pigs. or maybe I should make that more sophisticated; Swine!
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
You betcha OH !

Romney looked Presidential; he stood up for American values and took press questions, while the other guy ran away.
Yup, he looked Presidential alright.

Almost looks to be enjoying the whole thing.

And yes, i got this from Andrew Sullivan, whom i've been reading ever since i thought he was an A-Hole for celebrating Bush's march into Iraq.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women