Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70786
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60798
gman4453286
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48625
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42465
CryptKicker37210
The_Waco_Kid36916
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #31
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What expenses does it offset, CBJ7? And how many jobs have to be lost before the tax is considered a bad idea?

In total, the news stories pinned at least 1,300 job losses inside the U.S., though most companies did not specify where the cuts would fall.
The U.S. medical devices industry, said a July 24, 2013, Forbes news story, "employs 400,000 Americans directly and is indirectly responsible for almost 2 million more that supply and support the highly-skilled workforce."
The GOP web post pointed to a 2011 study financed by the Advanced Medical Technology Association, or AdvaMed. It said that the excise tax would cause 10 percent of device manufacturing to move offshore, leading to the loss of 43,000 U.S. jobs.
PolitiFact Ohio wrote in a 2012 fact-check that analysis by the research service Bloomberg Government found the AdvaMed study was "not credible."
The publisher of an online journal covering the medical device industry, Brian Johnson of MassDevice.com, told Boston public radio station WBUR in a Sept. 30, 2013, interview, that "the tax is costing the industry thousands of jobs."
"In 2012, publicly traded medical device companies cut 10,000 jobs, in part, to brace for the impact of the tax, although it’s impossible to determine how much the tax actually added to those job loss numbers."
By phone, Johnson told us, "The long and the short of it is that it's nearly impossible to determine if the tax alone was the cause of layoffs, or if the company used the tax as a good cover for layoffs that were going to happen to begin with. The medical device industry is facing some pretty substantial headwinds that have nothing to do with the excise tax," such as the high costs associated with negotiating and completing sales of such devices.
Cutting to the bottom line, the Boston radio station asked Johnson, "So, is this really worth shutting the federal government down over? Don’t these guys make billions of dollars a year? Why can’t they just pass that 2.3 percent on to their customers?"
Johnson said hospital purchasing groups have united in a campaign that "has been effective in keeping most medical device companies from trying to pass the buck," and said that because the tax is on all sales, "even companies that are losing money have to pay it. This means the tax disproportionately harms young, innovative start-up companies."
Also, he said, the industry is skeptical of predictions that business will boom as more people join the health-care system. "Medical device makers argue that the new enrollees in health insurance plans will be young and not in need of the technology they create, such as cardiac stents, hip and knee implants and surgical devices," he said.
Our ruling
Poe said "the costly medical device tax" in the Obamacare law "has led to the loss of thousands of jobs across the nation."
News stories indicate more than 2,000 such cuts were planned or made partly because of the tax. An industry analyst has said that "the tax is costing the industry thousands of jobs," but also told us that "it's nearly impossible to determine if the tax alone was the cause of layoffs."
Poe’s claim is partly accurate but leaves out this important context. We rate it Half True.
HALF TRUE – The statement is partially accurate but leaves out important details or takes things out of context.

apparently the rest of the stupid fuckers on this thread cant read, so FUCK THEM !
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
In total, the news stories pinned at least 1,300 job losses inside the U.S., though most companies did not specify where the cuts would fall.
The U.S. medical devices industry, said a July 24, 2013, Forbes news story, "employs 400,000 Americans directly and is indirectly responsible for almost 2 million more that supply and support the highly-skilled workforce."
The GOP web post pointed to a 2011 study financed by the Advanced Medical Technology Association, or AdvaMed. It said that the excise tax would cause 10 percent of device manufacturing to move offshore, leading to the loss of 43,000 U.S. jobs.
PolitiFact Ohio wrote in a 2012 fact-check that analysis by the research service Bloomberg Government found the AdvaMed study was "not credible."
The publisher of an online journal covering the medical device industry, Brian Johnson of MassDevice.com, told Boston public radio station WBUR in a Sept. 30, 2013, interview, that "the tax is costing the industry thousands of jobs."
"In 2012, publicly traded medical device companies cut 10,000 jobs, in part, to brace for the impact of the tax, although it’s impossible to determine how much the tax actually added to those job loss numbers."
By phone, Johnson told us, "The long and the short of it is that it's nearly impossible to determine if the tax alone was the cause of layoffs, or if the company used the tax as a good cover for layoffs that were going to happen to begin with. The medical device industry is facing some pretty substantial headwinds that have nothing to do with the excise tax," such as the high costs associated with negotiating and completing sales of such devices.
Cutting to the bottom line, the Boston radio station asked Johnson, "So, is this really worth shutting the federal government down over? Don’t these guys make billions of dollars a year? Why can’t they just pass that 2.3 percent on to their customers?"
Johnson said hospital purchasing groups have united in a campaign that "has been effective in keeping most medical device companies from trying to pass the buck," and said that because the tax is on all sales, "even companies that are losing money have to pay it. This means the tax disproportionately harms young, innovative start-up companies."
Also, he said, the industry is skeptical of predictions that business will boom as more people join the health-care system. "Medical device makers argue that the new enrollees in health insurance plans will be young and not in need of the technology they create, such as cardiac stents, hip and knee implants and surgical devices," he said.
Our ruling
Poe said "the costly medical device tax" in the Obamacare law "has led to the loss of thousands of jobs across the nation."
News stories indicate more than 2,000 such cuts were planned or made partly because of the tax. An industry analyst has said that "the tax is costing the industry thousands of jobs," but also told us that "it's nearly impossible to determine if the tax alone was the cause of layoffs."
Poe’s claim is partly accurate but leaves out this important context. We rate it Half True.
HALF TRUE – The statement is partially accurate but leaves out important details or takes things out of context.

apparently the rest of the stupid fuckers on this thread cant read, so FUCK THEM !
Yeah, I can read and the conclusion to your link was the amount of layoffs were half true. Any science involved there or did they pick a number out of their ass? So, if it's only "half" true, people are still losing jobs, technology, innovation and quality are still going down. How does this benefit the American people? In your own words explain your insane statement. Also, if there is enough votes to repeal the tax, why not take the vote. After all, isn't that the will of the American people? Or the will of just a few? Answer the questions without citing articles. Can you think for yourself.

Also, I guess amends is to big a word for you. I'll put it this way for you, there was a mutual truce on insults between myself and 3 other posters in this forum. I know I've held up my end and I haven't seen any insults from the 3 directed towards me. Now go fuck yourself, again
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #33
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Yeah, I can read and the conclusion to your link was the amount of layoffs were half true. Any science involved there or did they pick a number out of their ass? So, if it's only "half" true, people are still losing jobs, technology, innovation and quality are still going down. How does this benefit the American people? In your own words explain your insane statement. Also, if there is enough votes to repeal the tax, why not take the vote. After all, isn't that the will of the American people? Or the will of just a few? Answer the questions without citing articles. Can you think for yourself.

Also, I guess amends is to big a word for you. I'll put it this way for you, there was a mutual truce on insults between myself and 3 other posters in this forum. I know I've held up my end and I haven't seen any insults from the 3 directed towards me. Now go fuck yourself, again

READ you moron ...people within the industry don't know one way or the other, but seemingly YOU do ? ergo you're a dolt ... just because there's enough votes to stop legislation doesn't necessarily mean said legislation will OR should be stopped .... so at the end of the day you're still an idiot for bringing up such a sophomoric question ...

one word? describes you

DUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #34
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
READ you moron ...people within the industry don't know one way or the other, but seemingly YOU do ? ergo you're a dolt ... just because there's enough votes to stop legislation doesn't necessarily mean said legislation will OR should be stopped .... so at the end of the day you're still an idiot for bringing up such a sophomoric question ...

one word? describes you

DUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !
You READ fucknuts. I've said in a prior post that things were getting tighter for device companies before the tax and the tax was just another burden. Youre link concludes the job loss etc was about half right. How did they get to half? They didn't explain. What purpose does the tax serve other than a money grab for Obama care? It is in no way benefitting the American people like your moronic post states. Now do a hat trick and fuck yourself again retard.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #35
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
You READ fucknuts. I've said in a prior post that things were getting tighter for device companies before the tax and the tax was just another burden. Youre link concludes the job loss etc was about half right. How did they get to half? They didn't explain. What purpose does the tax serve other than a money grab for Obama care? It is in no way benefitting the American people like your moronic post states. Now do a hat trick and fuck yourself again retard.

benefitting the American people ... how many times have you and your ilk quoted chapter and verse the cost of Obamacare? starting with the COST of the website.?

a Chinese company builds a medical device that does CAT scans, said device sells for 2$ million dollars, the Chinese are taxed on the $2 million dollars, the tax paid by the Chinese offsets the cost of Obamacare, and benefits American taxpayers by easing their $ responsibility ...

are you communist friendly or just plain STUPID ?

either way, kiss my Texas ass.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #36
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
benefitting the American people ... how many times have you and your ilk quoted chapter and verse the cost of Obamacare? starting with the COST of the website.?

a Chinese company builds a medical device that does CAT scans, said device sells for 2$ million dollars, the Chinese are taxed on the $2 million dollars, the tax paid by the Chinese offsets the cost of Obamacare, and benefits American taxpayers by easing their $ responsibility ...

You're fucking stupid, the largest medical device companies in the world are US companies fucknuts. And if the have to keep shelling out money like this stupid tax then most of their products will be made overseas, people will lose jobs and quality will go down. If you buy a Chinese Cat Scan instead of GE shame on you. Oh wait, GE builds theirs in China. You and people of your ilk are fucking dumbasses if you can't connect those dots. Now buy some Chinese drywall, build yourself a house and light a match. Goodbye sucker!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #37
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
You're fucking stupid, the largest medical device companies in the world are US companies fucknuts. And if the have to keep shelling out money like this stupid tax then most of their products will be made overseas, people will lose jobs and quality will go down. If you buy a Chinese Cat Scan instead of GE shame on you. Oh wait, GE builds theirs in China. You and people of your ilk are fucking dumbasses if you can't connect those dots. Now buy some Chinese drywall, build yourself a house and light a match. Goodbye sucker!

yeah, I bet you can see Toshiba making PET Nuclear scanners from your back porch it PGH ...

I'm done with your stupid ass.

Adios MOFO.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #38
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
yeah, I bet you can see Toshiba making PET Nuclear scanners from your back porch it PGH ...

I'm done with your stupid ass.

Adios MOFO.
Nope, can't see China from the Burgh, but you can see JnJ making tube sets in Mexico from the roof of your dbl wide somewhere in Texas you dumbass. Now go run your lemonade stand and hope they don't impose a tax on it. You may have to lay yourself off.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #39
CJ7
Valued Poster

http://www.emergogroup.com/blog/2013...-us-and-europe

Adding to market uncertainty is the fact that over the past few years there has been more focus placed on cost reduction in the US. Device companies are feeling the heat, partially due to skinny spending increases from Medicare, Medicaid and states.This may slow top line growth and profitability for many large device companies

a few years ago there was NO medical device tax .... must have been the medical device tax that made the medical device industry feel the heat
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #40
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nope, can't see China from the Burgh, but you can see JnJ making tube sets in Mexico from the roof of your dbl wide somewhere in Texas you dumbass. Now go run your lemonade stand and hope they don't impose a tax on it. You may have to lay yourself off.

Toshiba is in Japan ....

Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
1385, Shimoishigami, Otawara-shi, Tochigi 324-8550, Japan
Tel: 0287-26-6211 Fax: 0287-26-6050
http://www.toshibamedicalsystems.com/
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #41
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Toshiba is in Japan ....

Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
1385, Shimoishigami, Otawara-shi, Tochigi 324-8550, Japan
Tel: 0287-26-6211 Fax: 0287-26-6050
http://www.toshibamedicalsystems.com/
Your as dumb as a fucking brick. I stated in an early post (#14) that the industry was facing pricing pressures before the tax. Guess why? Because reimbursements to hospitals are going down. They will continue to go down. The manufacturer can't pass price increases to hospitals, they can't afford to pay you retard. So now, they get hit with another 2.3% hit in taxes. For a behemoth like J&J, it's upwards of 200 million dollars assclown. Do you think the CEO of J&J is just going to eat that and not do anything? No, he's going to cut where ever he can. He has a fiduciary responsibility to his stockholders to keep the company profitable and grow value to the stock. I've probably lost you already because you're such a fucking nitwit. But to say the tax hasn't affected jobs, innovation and quality is insane. It has no benefit to the American people. And please, what's the name of this so called Chinese company selling cat scan units? What's their sales in the US? Or did you just make it up in your juvenile example? And I know Toshiba is a Japanese firm, as are Sony, Panasonic. They sell monitors and imaging systems to guess who? Stryker. Based in Kalamazoo Mi. They integrate them into systems that they build and resell them to hospitals. I've sold and installed several over the years. PGuess who pays the tax? Stryker. You don't know what you don't know, which is a lot. It's people of your "Ilk" that don't understand consequences. I'm shocked that your the only libtard posting in this thread. They even know the tax is punitive and is causing negative reaction in the device market and the American people. Carry on Chalooch.

BTW, I thought you were done with me. I'm glad you're not, it's entertaining watching you make a bigger ass out of yourself.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 AM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

CBJ7, you didn't answer my question.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:

Texas ass? Does this mean that its dry and dusty, too big to handle, and has a hole in it that illegals come through?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #44
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
CBJ7, you didn't answer my question.
He may post a silly link, but he won't answer your question, he's too stupid.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #45
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I guess you're right, Bambino. I should have expected it.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women