Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162865
Yssup Rider60529
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36410
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
bladtinzu
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
woof woof

Republican National Committee has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to political consultants like Arno Political Consultants to register voters and gather signatures for petitions in states all across the US, but with slamming tactics. Since 2003, reports from Florida, Washington, California, Nevada, Oregan and Massachusetts about Arno and its subcontractors have revealed fraudulent tactics in petition drives that result in voter fraud slamming.

Sounds like Acorn lite to me.
bladtinzu is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #32
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
So, the fact that some activist repuke committed voter fraud to prove how much voter fraud there is means that there is a lot of voter fraud?

First, he didn't commit vote fraud. He didn't cast the ballot. Had he actually cast the ballot, THAT would have been vote fraud. Get your facts and the law straight.

Typical 'bot logic. And look how pleased they all are about it. Giddy.

I don't expect any of you dimwitted types to get it but I'll say it again: voter fraud is a figment of your imagination. It happens rarely and when it does happen, it is even more rare at the actual polls. Most of the instances you magoos rely on relate to petitions for eligibility or, of course, something that happened 75 years ago in Texas.

How would you know it happens rarely? The point of the "stunt" was to prove how EASY it is to do, and how EASY it is to go undetected, and therefore how EASY it is to go unprosecuted. Get it? Like I said originally, any argument based on the "scarcity" of prosecutions for this crime is phony. Unless you have a mechanism in place - like requiring photo ID - to catch people committing this type of fraud YOU WILL NOT DETECT IT. Get it?

This guy intentionally committing voter fraud so he can have his 15 minutes of knuckleheaded fame is the perfect illustration. He had a reason to commit voter fraud: so he could be famous and well-liked by you folks who find this kind of juvenile behavior heroic and amusing.

Again, you are completely ignorant of the law and the facts. He did not commit voter fraud because he didn't cast the ballot, shithead.

The normal person does not commit voter fraud because there is nothing to be gained by it other than a trip to prison if you get caught. The entire idea behind forcing voters to show picture ID is to suppress the democratic vote, thereby increasing the likelihood of a repuke victory. It's voter suppression and those of you that support it are guilty of attempting to deprive American citizens of their most basic right of citizenship. Shame.

Voting is NOT a right of citizenship. RIGHTS, by definition, cannot be taken away. PRIVILEGES can be. Voting is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT. Even minors have a RIGHT to freedom of speech and religion. But only CITIZENS who are 18 years of age or older, and who have not committed felonies (in many states) may vote. Do you not understand this very basic distinction? Calling it a right doesn't make it a right.

Keep reading the foregoing sentences and maybe it will eventually reach your tiny brain-stem.

And how likely is it that ANYTHING ANYBODY presents favoring voter ID laws will sink into your pea-brain? Perhaps you'd like me to post the 6-3 SCOTUS decision UPHOLDING THE INDIANA VOTER PHOTO ID LAWS AS CONSTITUTIONAL? Do you think you could make sense of that decision, or do you prefer the Cliff-Notes version the Dimmocrap party puts out? Yeah, it's not like SCOTUS hasn't addressed this issue before. SCOTUS doesn't have a problem with the constitutionality of voter ID laws, only the Obummer/Holder/Perez DOJ does.
See my comments in red

Oh hell, I wasn't going to bother, but it's just TOO DAMNED EASY to find reports on SCOTUS and voter ID laws. Start with this one - one of the very first to pop up when you Google "SCOTUS voter ID laws"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24351798...-voter-id-law/

And I'll even quote the sub-headline, attributed to one of the MOST LIBERAL SUPREME COURT JUSTICES OF ALL TIME:

"[Justice John Paul] Stevens: Law justified to protect integrity, reliability of electoral process"
mastermind238 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #33
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind238 View Post
See my comments in red

Oh hell, I wasn't going to bother, but it's just TOO DAMNED EASY to find reports on SCOTUS and voter ID laws. Start with this one - one of the very first to pop up when you Google "SCOTUS voter ID laws"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24351798...-voter-id-law/

And I'll even quote the sub-headline, attributed to one of the MOST LIBERAL SUPREME COURT JUSTICES OF ALL TIME:

"[Justice John Paul] Stevens: Law justified to protect integrity, reliability of electoral process"
I agree with 99% of what you say. I take exception to the statement that rights can not be taken away. Life, liberty and the ability to pursue happiness can all be taken away, but only after due process.

I think it's interesting that Jefferson originally wrote in the Declaration of Independence that we are endowed by our Creator with the right to life, liberty and property. Ben Franklin talked Jefferson into changing the right to own property into the right to pursue happiness because slaves were considered to be property (Franklin was an abolitionist) at that time. Franklin didn't want people to think that the right to own slaves was in the Declaration.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

We have had almost all of our rights taken away by acts of Congress and Executive Order. And by the benign neglect of the American people. All we truly have left are tolerances, and those will be removed when they become too problematic.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
I agree with 99% of what you say. I take exception to the statement that rights can not be taken away.
Perhaps my meaning would be clearer if I stated it a different way.

Rights are not granted. The state doesn't grant you the right to life.

Privileges are granted. The state can, and does, grant you the privilege of voting upon reaching your 18th birthday. And the state can administratively take away that which it has granted, upon conviction of a felony, for example.

In the context of this discussion, I was merely trying to address the IDIOTIC statement by another reader that voting is some sort of inviolate, sacred right, earned by merely being able to inhale and exhale.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Oh, yeah! Well, isn't the right to vote enshrined in our Constitution?????!!!!

Wait a sec. Oops. It's not. Sorry. Mastermind is right.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #37
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind238 View Post
Perhaps my meaning would be clearer if I stated it a different way.

Rights are not granted. The state doesn't grant you the right to life.

Privileges are granted. The state can, and does, grant you the privilege of voting upon reaching your 18th birthday. And the state can administratively take away that which it has granted, upon conviction of a felony, for example.

In the context of this discussion, I was merely trying to address the IDIOTIC statement by another reader that voting is some sort of inviolate, sacred right, earned by merely being able to inhale and exhale.
The left routinely misuses the term right, as in having a right. They claim they have a right to healthcare, housing, food, a living wage, etc, etc.

Obama said in an interview with NPR that he believed in what he called "positive liberties", essentially the things that the government should be required to do for you. He stated his regret that SCOTUS had not broken free from the restraints placed on them by the founders preventing the redistribution of wealth.

From Obama's interview with NPR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTCNK7v3J6w
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #38
mastermind238
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
The left routinely misuses the term right, as in having a right. They claim they have a right to healthcare, housing, food, a living wage, etc, etc.
Ain't that the truth!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women