Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #31
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

As a citizen, I don't see anything wrong with making it a requirement that all eligible voters vote. There might be some Constitutional issues, but that will be hashed out.

But how the heck are you going to enforce it. Create an entire new beaurocracy to deal with it.

Keep in mind, a VERY good turnout for any Presidentisl Election is 55/60 percent. Figure there are 210,000,000 million adult voters, that means some 80+ million don't give a shit.

Your going to suddenly make that many people criminals over night? And what will the penalty be?
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #32
shanm
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
No, I am far from childish. No man has any right or power over me outside the law. I've never been one to go along with the crowd, cause you only get as far as the crowd. I guess I march to the beat of a different drummer.
Jim
Seems like everyone is everything on this forum.
shanm is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #33
Das Riech
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderConstruction View Post
Do you disagree that money plays far too great a roll in politics?
You idiot, how many illegals did this asshole just grant amnesty too, now he wants to force them to vote. Wonder who they would vote for.....Hmmmmm.
Das Riech is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:22 PM   #34
Old-T
Valued Poster

Mandatory voting, if you could ever do it, not only wouldn't remove the influence of $$$, it would just add more stupid uninformed voters to the mix, and we have too many of those already.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #35
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Riech View Post
You idiot, how many illegals did this asshole just grant amnesty too, now he wants to force them to vote. Wonder who they would vote for.....Hmmmmm.
They don't have amnesty yet, fuckwit. And he floated the idea with the acknowledgement that it wouldn't happen in the short term. Don't get upset just yet.
UnderConstruction is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #36
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Mandatory voting, if you could ever do it, not only wouldn't remove the influence of $$$, it would just add more stupid uninformed voters to the mix, and we have too many of those already.
You could argue it would. No longer would super pacs have the ability to spend money and bring out the base. They might have to actually have to defend the issues.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #37
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
As a citizen, I don't see anything wrong with making it a requirement that all eligible voters vote. There might be some Constitutional issues, but that will be hashed out.

But how the heck are you going to enforce it. Create an entire new beaurocracy to deal with it.

Keep in mind, a VERY good turnout for any Presidentisl Election is 55/60 percent. Figure there are 210,000,000 million adult voters, that means some 80+ million don't give a shit.

Your going to suddenly make that many people criminals over night? And what will the penalty be?
As a buyer of machined products, i don't see anything wrong with cost controls on small, independent shops. If the government can force me to vote, it should be able to force you to lower your prices.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:26 PM   #38
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
As a buyer of machined products, i don't see anything wrong with cost controls on small, independent shops. If the government can force me to vote, it should be able to force you to lower your prices.
We already have cost controls. They are called "the competition".

I can choose to charge anything I wish for my services. Right up until the time my customer base ceases to use our shop, and I put a padlock on the door.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #39
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
That's all you got? That is some WEAK shit. Who even uses that word anymore?
Sorry I didn't consult with you first. Is there a popular insult you prefer? Ya know Douche Bag might fit you well. I think it is still widely used too.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #40
UnderConstruction
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Sorry I didn't consult with you first. Is there a popular insult you prefer? Ya know Douche Bag might fit you well. I think it is still widely used too.

Jim
Why insult me at all? You notice that Jackie and I manage to have civil discourse because he doesn't go there. It also helps that he actually has something to say. I'm comfortable either way. Decision is up to you. Lusty the Fucktard comes like he does and gets answered in kind.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 PM   #41
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Why insult me at all? You notice that Jackie and I manage to have civil discourse because he doesn't go there. It also helps that he actually has something to say. I'm comfortable either way. Decision is up to you. Lusty the Fucktard comes like he does and gets answered in kind.
You're a work of art, lol.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:55 AM   #42
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Wow! Uber Cunt buys into everything Obama says without question. You think forcing everyone to vote takes the money out of politics, how does that happen. Money pays for advertising, not votes (unless you're a democrat). Money stays. What is the penalty for not voting? Do you have to prove that you just forgot to vote or do they take your word for it?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:44 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

You do realize (Obama doesn't) that the 60 plus million of non-voters could elect Micky Mouse out of spite.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:23 AM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

If the Government can't order you to carry health insurance how can the Government order you to vote? But what the "Constitutional Law Professor" hasn't apparently figured out yet is I can "vote" without voting for the Presidential candidate. Here's my take:

LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #45
rioseco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Because you're childish
Making ones own decisions is childish, since when ?
rioseco is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women