Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48046
pyramider46370
bambino40793
CryptKicker37137
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #31
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Dan Rather lost his position. Williams should too. NBC news can't possibly claim any degree of integrity with him in the position he's in.
Don't forget what happened to Peter Arnet at CNN.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:10 PM   #32
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Pat Buchanan, for one.
Does the article quote him as saying they had "integrity"?

I'm just asking, so I don't have to wade through the friggin bullshit.

FYI: I'm not Pat Buchanan fan. I think he's full of shit.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:13 PM   #33
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
There are a lot I could point out.
Don't point at them. Post a couple of names. 3 maybe out of the "lot"?

I really want to know, because frankly I haven't heard the "integrity" claim yet!
Old 02-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Dan Rather lost his position.

IMO .. apples vs. oranges.

I'm not saying Williams shouldn't be taken off the air ... may be shuffling papers or emptying waste paper baskets after rehab ... but

.....Rather was participating in fabrications about another person ... and doing so to have an impact on an election ... and it was further aggravated by the elevated stature he held as a celebrated news personality over the years ... which made his allegations seem that much more credible ... while Williams does not enjoy that "status" in the journalism community that Rather had.

"The higher you are the harder you hit" ... sort of thing.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #35
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Don't point at them. Post a couple of names. 3 maybe out of the "lot"?

I really want to know, because frankly I haven't heard the "integrity" claim yet!
Albert Fall
Andrew J Hinshaw
Bernard Kerik
Bill Janklow
Brian J Doyle
Buzz Lukens
Charles R Forbes
Want some more?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:09 PM   #36
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Not a word on Chris Mathews tonight. Amazing.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #37
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Brian is so proud of his daughter. Lena Dunham is waiting for her turn.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ls-sex-scenes/

Brian Williams watched daughter Allison's 'Girls' sex scenes
Published January 12, 2015New York Post

Actress Allison Williams arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014. (Reuters)
Allison Williams' "Girls'" character, Marnie, started the HBO show's fourth season with a sex scene involving her derriére and Ebon Moss-Bacharach, who plays Desi.

When New York magazine asked how filming the awkward sex scene went, the 26-year-old actress called it “total TV magic.”

“I read it in the script and I went into total action mode,” she said. “I got everyone together and I was like, ‘All right, Grace [in wardrobe], you and me—we’re going to come up with something so ingenious that he is going to feel comfortable.’”

Her father, Brian Williams, who was by her side at the season premiere party said he’s not phased by the raunchiness.

“She’s always been an actress,” the 55-year-old “Nightly News” host told New York mag. “For us, watching her is the family occupation and everybody has to remember it’s acting, no animals were harmed during the filming, and ideally nobody gets hurt.”

Allison’s co-star Jemima Kirke confessed that the idea of watching a sex scene with her own father made her squirm.

“I sat behind Allison and her dad in the first season [premiere] and I was going to puke; I was so nervous. I don’t even know him, but can you imagine [with this]?! Watching a kissing scene with my dad next to me is awful, let alone with you getting — whatever that’s called ...”
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #38
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Dan Rather lost his position. Williams should too. NBC news can't possibly claim any degree of integrity with him in the position he's in.
I tend to agree. He should be fired.

Heck, even when I took a Journalism 101 course, one of the key elements of "being a journalist" was respect for the written word and integrity.

I mean, just on some base level, no one will have the same level of respect for his word any longer.

The other stuff being discussed isn't relevant. If you're just looking at the person, and what he did, then he should suffer some consequences.
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:28 PM   #39
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Default From a time when there were real reporters:

Quote:
During Operation Market Garden (September 17–25, 1944) one of the American correspondents "attached to the 101st was a United Press reporter named Walter Cronkite, who landed by glider. Cronkite recalls that, 'I thought the wheels of a glider were for landing. Imagine my surprise when we skidded along the ground and the wheels came up through the floor. I got another shock. Our helmets, which we all swore were hooked, came flying off on impact and seemed more dangerous than the incoming shells. After landing, I grabbed the first helmet I saw, my trusty musette bag with the Olivetti typewriter inside and began crawling toward the canal which was the rendezvous point. When I looked back, I found half a dozen guys crawling after me. It seems I had grabbed the wrong helmet. The one I wore had two neat stripes down the back indicating I was a lieutenant'" (216-217), A Bridge Too Far, Cornealius Ryan.
And there is Ernie Pyle who was killed in the Pacific Theater during the campaign for Okinawa nearly seventy years ago.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #40
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
IMO .. apples vs. oranges.

I'm not saying Williams shouldn't be taken off the air ... may be shuffling papers or emptying waste paper baskets after rehab ... but

.....Rather was participating in fabrications about another person ... and doing so to have an impact on an election ... and it was further aggravated by the elevated stature he held as a celebrated news personality over the years ... which made his allegations seem that much more credible ... while Williams does not enjoy that "status" in the journalism community that Rather had.

"The higher you are the harder you hit" ... sort of thing.
It may be Apple and Oranges, however, the degree of dishonesty is the same. For NBC news to keep any integrity they need to deal with Williams in a manner that says their integrity is important to them.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #41
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
And there is Ernie Pyle who was killed in the Pacific Theater during the campaign for Okinawa nearly seventy years ago.

I never knew that about Cronkite but I always trusted his reporting as the majority of Americans did. I remember watching his final newscast. He signed off like he always did but there was a feeling the evening news wouldn't be the same.

I remember, as a kid, seeing Peter Jennings hiding behind a bunch of broken concrete with fire and smoke around him and guns and mortars going off in the background noise while reporting from Vietnam.
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #42
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
I never knew that about Cronkite but I always trusted his reporting as the majority of Americans did. I remember watching his final newscast. He signed off like he always did but there was a feeling the evening news wouldn't be the same.

I remember, as a kid, seeing Peter Jennings hiding behind a bunch of broken concrete with fire and smoke around him and guns and mortars going off in the background noise while reporting from Vietnam.
Read Masters Of The Air: America’s Bomber Boys Who Fought the Air War Against Nazi Germany, by Donald L. Miller. It's a history of the Eighth Air Force. Andy Rooney flew missions with some of the aircrews in order to report their stories during WWII.

This from Pyle's NYT obit:

Quote:
[Y]esterday Ernie Pyle came to the end of the road on tiny Ie, some 10,000 miles from his own white cottage and from "That Girl."

In one of his first columns from Africa he had told how he'd sought shelter in a ditch with a frightened Yank when a Stuka dived and strafed, and how he tapped the soldier's shoulder when the Stuka had gone and said, "Whew, that was close, eh?" and the soldier did not answer. He was dead.

Rather, Arnet and Ed Bradley were also in Vietnam. Michael Herr reported for Esquire. Herr's book Dispatches is a remarkable account of his view of the Vietnam War.

Quote:
“Herr dissected that complex, fraught relationship in a situation where the stakes were mortally high. He thought of himself as the grunts’ brother, sharing their miseries and dangers in the field. On the surface, they seemed to agree. They gave him their helmets and flak jackets, found him mattresses to sleep on, threw blankets over him when he was cold. ‘You’re all right man,’ they said, ‘you got balls.’

“But then would come ‘that bad, bad moment . . . the look that made you look away,’ or the comment of a rifleman watching a jeepload of correspondents drive off: ‘Those fucking guys, I hope they die.’ Then the distance was clear. ‘They weren’t judging me, they weren’t reproaching me, they didn’t even mind me, not in any personal way,’ Herr wrote. ‘They only hated me, hated me the way you’d hate any hopeless fool who would put himself through this thing when he had choices.’ He was not their brother, and he came to a conclusion many reporters prefer not to draw: ‘You were as responsible for everything you saw as you were for everything you did.’ There was only one way to honor that responsibility, and the grunts told him what it was. ‘They would ask you with an emotion whose intensity would shock you to please tell it, because they really did have the feeling that it wasn’t being told for them, that they were going through all this and that somehow no one back in the World knew about it.’" (source)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:45 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Reporters used to be different. Yeah, they drink, smoked, and chased tail but they did put it on the line for a story. I read a book about the Battle of the Bulge and General Maxwell Taylor. He was in Washington DC when the Germans attacked and he grabbed the first flight to Europe still wearing his dress uniform. In France he commandeered a car and started driving East. As he got close darkness closed in and he realized that he had no idea where the Germans were. He got out and started walking while looking for shelter. He found a barn as pitch dark came. He crawled inside and was surprised to hear others in the barn ahead of him. Someone lit a match very carefully and Maxwell Taylor found himself looking at reporters Eric Sevareid and Walter Cronkite. Different times, different values.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:00 AM   #44
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Albert Fall
Andrew J Hinshaw
Bernard Kerik
Bill Janklow
Brian J Doyle
Buzz Lukens
Charles R Forbes
Want some more?
Can I add "John Doe" to the list?

I guess one has to be a Republican to appreciate the roll those folks play in being the primary banner carriers and spokespersons for the Republican Party. Since I'm a Democrat and have traditionally voted "independently" in the National election, I an unaware of their role in that function. In the meantime I'll stick with my "assessment" of not paying a lot of attention to Pat Buchanan's analysis on anything.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #45
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
...they need to deal with Williams in a manner that says their integrity is important to them.
I agree with that statement.

It should be applied to any position of "public trust"! Equally.

Like homicide in our society the punishment assessed depends on the facts.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women