Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163044
Yssup Rider60668
gman4453279
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48597
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42388
CryptKicker37204
The_Waco_Kid36792
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-24-2019, 10:01 AM   #31
VitaMan
Premium Access

Encounters: 70

The "it" thing is not impossible to identify. The "it" thing is good luck.

The Nats wouldn't even be in the World Series if the Brewers outfielder didn't let a ball go thru his legs.
Springer ball to the fence in game 1 could have easily been a home run, just a little to either side....then game is tied.

Can't blame Alex for those 2 very tough chances last night.....a couples inches, he could have made the plays.

Now - start Cole on 3 days rest, then Verlander on 3 days rest ?
Too bad Verlander has lost his first 5 World Series decisions - a record - that is bad luck.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:02 PM   #32
ZantannaParella
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 319127
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

There is plenty of time for us to catch up and win. You can’t count these boys out after 2 games. We can win on the road as well. It’s time for the bats to explode and I’m expecting that to happen tomorrow night. All these fawkers calling out JV and Cole for their starts are GD idiots. Nobody is perfect all the time. Cole is damn close. The Walgreens use their 3 starters a lot and as relievers. Our offense will have them figured out and crush city will show up. Grinke is a descent hitter so I’m glad he is starting.

Go Stros!

Go rockets!.
ZantannaParella is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #33
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Encounters: 26

I hope you're right ZP
boardman is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #34
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Can you absolutely identify luck?
Gary Player is credited with the phrase "the harder I practice the luckier I get".

In an interview in Golf Digest magazine in 2002 Gary Player presents an entertaining story about the origin of the expression [GPGD]:
I was practicing in a bunker down in Texas and this good old boy with a big hat stopped to watch. The first shot he saw me hit went in the hole. He said, “You got 50 bucks if you knock the next one in.” I holed the next one. Then he says, “You got $100 if you hole the next one.” In it went for three in a row. As he peeled off the bills he said, “Boy, I’ve never seen anyone so lucky in my life.” And I shot back, “Well, the harder I practice, the luckier I get.” That’s where the quote originated.

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/07/14/luck/
Old 10-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #35
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I hope you're right as well ZP
We have the two best teams in baseball fighting it out right now.
Only one will win.
My hats off to both of them for just getting this far.
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #36
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZantannaParella View Post
There is plenty of time for us to catch up and win. You can’t count these boys out after 2 games. We can win on the road as well. It’s time for the bats to explode and I’m expecting that to happen tomorrow night. All these fawkers calling out JV and Cole for their starts are GD idiots. Nobody is perfect all the time. Cole is damn close. The Walgreens use their 3 starters a lot and as relievers. Our offense will have them figured out and crush city will show up. Grinke is a descent hitter so I’m glad he is starting..
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
I hope you're right ZP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone2u View Post
I hope you're right as well ZP
We have the two best teams in baseball fighting it out right now.
Only one will win.
My hats off to both of them for just getting this far.
Yep.
The Astros are in a hole, yes. Though not impossible, they are most likely out. The Nationals have the momentum now.

But, read this folks:
Baseball is a game for entertainment. If you are not being entertained by the two teams that have scratched and clawed their way to the World Series, may the Kid invite you to find something else to do with your time for the next few days?
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:52 AM   #37
ZantannaParella
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Well not to brag but I'm often right . :-).

Rudy T said it best back in 95 never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Houston didn't get the nickname cluch city for nothing. I've seen damn near every game (or as many as I could) since I was a kid. I've seen shitty years, I've seen mediocre years and have seen some fuckin Amazing years. And since 2015 it's been great years. And damn it I'm getting used to winning and seeing post seasons with all my teams and it rocks. But I'm realistic I know all good things must end. And that's life in professional sports. Ups and downs. But I stay loyal and support team reguradless. My father got me into Houston sports as a young kid and I've loved it since. And since he passed in 2000 watching my teams means even more to be cuz it brings back AMAZING memories of an amazing man and a lot of fun times at the dome and Summit.

So as I'm sure most of y'all have as well, I've seen some crazy comebacks, disastrous series and blown leads. Only thing consistent is nothing is guaranteed. 9 innings , 27 outs who ever has the bigger number wins

5 more games is plenty time to #takeitback

Sidenote i tend to get overly emotional and loud during the games. Especially post season games so if you see me in a bar watching a game. Turn around and walk away quickly. Haha. I might cause some temp of permanent deafness. Haha
Old 10-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #38
bbkid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZantannaParella View Post
5 more games is plenty time to #takeitback
^^^ this ^^^
bbkid is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #39
VitaMan
Premium Access

Who will explain why the Nats have won 18 of their 20 recent games ?
Who will explain how they started out something like 19 and 31, and are in the World Series ?
Who can explain how they swept the St. Louis Cardinals in 4 games, one of the best organizations in baseball, and the Cardinals were fortunate to score even 1 earned run in the entire series ?

Luck ? Working harder ? The thing ?

Read this: more money is spent on video games for entertainment, than the entire sports world combined.
And they don't require cities to pass out money to them. Fortnite is free to play ! As video games continue to get better and better, that is the future of entertainment.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #40
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
Who will explain why the Nats have won 18 of their 20 recent games ?
Who will explain how they started out something like 19 and 31, and are in the World Series ?
Who can explain how they swept the St. Louis Cardinals in 4 games, one of the best organizations in baseball, and the Cardinals were fortunate to score even 1 earned run in the entire series ?

Luck ? Working harder ? The thing ? <<<<YES, now you're starting to understand. It's why they play the games.

Read this: more money is spent on video games for entertainment, than the entire sports world combined.
And they don't require cities to pass out money to them. Fortnite is free to play ! As video games continue to get better and better, that is the future of entertainment.

And how much in comparison is spent on Hollywood type entertainment?
I don't think it's apples to apples and I certainly don't think that gaming is going to put professional sports out of business.
I do think they are hurting themselves and the greed is costing them a certain fan base in the long run. ZP mentioned going to games with her dad back in the day. How much does it cost to take a family of 4 to a ball game now? $500-$1000 by the time you factor everything in? depending on the seats it can be a hell of a lot more than that.. That's more than a gaming console that will give days or weeks of entertainment to the the lazy parent's kid. Then when they get burned out you buy a new game. Meh, enough of that soapbox. All I can say is they need to thank Tebow for high def TV.
I for one appreciate watching any professional performing at the pinnacle and it's not just the big three sports. I love watching a pro golfer strike a ball as much as a race car driver pulling within inches of the guy in front of him at 200mph. The most impressive athletes to me are NHL players. The speed and grace at which they play the game is amazing. TV doesn't do it justice. I can't do any of that regardless of how good I think I might once have been.

I can appreciate artists who perform at the same level. How The Rolling Stones continue to put on GREAT shows is beyond me. I consider myself lucky to have seen them a few times. They just don't seem to run out of energy. "Moves like Jagger" means something. Go watch a ballet when the Russians or ABT are in town. For that matter Houston has a pretty damn good company. It's amazing how they can jump that high and land like a feather. How about Gillian Murphy perfectly executing 32 fouettes, on point, in time with a live orchestra. Ever heard Julie Andrews in person when she still had her voice? This new movie that Tom Hanks is in where he plays Mister Rogers fascinates me. I can't wait to see it. He is such an incredible actor. All those great roles but he's never let a single one of them define him. The thing all these people have in common is that they worked at their craft to get that lucky! They make it look easy...It is anything but.

The point is, when you attend any of those kinds of events there are people waiting in line. I believe it's because they want to be entertained like me. They want to see the best of the best do what they do best. I don't think people will tire of watching a guy throw a 100 mph fastball or the guy who is able to hit it. It takes special talent and an amazing amount of work.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:59 AM   #41
ZantannaParella
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I down 4 to go.

JFS. Wooooohoooo
Go Astros
Old 10-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #42
VitaMan
Premium Access

Game 3 a good one for the Astros. Still worried about James relief pitcher number 39.
In this game, he got a timely strikeout - but the pitch on the 3-2 count was a ball, almost 6 inches inside. The hitter bailed him out by swinging at it.

Hope the Astros get game 4, so it becomes a 3 game series, and the 4 great pitchers can go at it again.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #43
boardman
Making Pussy Great Again

Astros got aggressive in their hitting. They weren't trying to work the pitchers deep into counts unless that's what they got. Looked like they had the green light to swing at a pitch if they liked it.
They need to do the same thing tonight. Jump on Corbin early and hope Urquidy can get at least 4 or 5 good innings. Bull pens will be big. Despite repeatedly scaring the hell out of us the Astros do have a better pen.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:27 AM   #44
ZantannaParella
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I hate to point out the obvious boys but it looks like I was right !! Yep home-field advantage is back again! They look good ! Bregman‘s grand slam was amazing I don’t know what’s going on with chorizo , yes I know his name , i call him chorizo or sausage . We will probably take tonight also and come home and when is bitch at home go Astros
Old 10-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #45
VitaMan
Premium Access

Interesting game 4. Regardless of game 5, now we will see what Verlander does in game 6. He has given up so many runs recently in the first inning of several games.

Game 4

Astros starting pitcher did a great job
James number 39 relief pitcher did the same thing he always does....starts walking batters right away...faced 3, walked 2, then AJ had to come and get him...
Nats relief pitcher had the same exact problem....
A good moment for Alex, but the relief pitcher he faced could not get anybody out

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women