Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #31
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I don't remember the details of what he claimed but he did state that insurance premiums would go down. He stated that since everyone would have insurance the rates would drop. He was wrong because he was also mandating coverage of many routine things which increases cost as well as the fact insurance adds administrative and profit costs of a third party to the cost of the health care. Insurance also removes the natural free market needs for innovation and competition to drive costs down.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #32
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
when did he promise that would happen, you lying sack of shit? Before or after he got cock blocked by your friends in Congress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I obviously don't follow politics as closely as I should. I don't remember him promising ME that my health insurance premiums would go down by $2500. Especiallly since I don't pay that much right now. Can you cite an article that shows us that promise and to whom he was promising it?
This really isn't hard guys;

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/in...#ixzz1zUgBTIKQ
Quote:
When I am President, we will have universal health care in this country by the end of my first term in office. It's a plan that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premiums by $2500 a year. And I will not let the drug and insurance companies spend another billion dollars to block reform - because people like my mother shouldn't have to worry about bankruptcy every time they get sick. We're better than that.

Barack Obama
Remarks at a Labor Day Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire
September 3, 2007
If you don't like that one, how about this one then;

https://my.barackobama.com/page/comm...updates/gG5B8v
Quote:
In an Obama administration, we'll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year.

Barack Obama
Town Hall in Bristol, Virginia JUN 5, 2008
Still no good, huh? Well how about this campaign memo;

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...lcostsmemo.pdf
Quote:
Combining all of these effects – from improved health IT, better disease management,
reduced insurance overhead, reinsurance, and reduced uncompensated care -- under our
“best-guess” assumptions, we estimate that businesses will save $140 billion annually in
insurance premiums. The typical family will save $2500 per year
FactCheck.org has even called it bullshit and was based on shaky studies and wishful thinking

http://factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-...ealth-savings/

So am I also "lying sack of shit" as well Yssup? Obama said it, Obama owns it....multiple times. Calling him out for saying it does not make one a lying sack of shit.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
CJ7
Valued Poster

what will save families 2500 (and then some) is the $5000.00 tax credit that begins in 2014

sooner or later ( after the data base builds) electronic record keeping almost has to cut administrative expenses for ins co's ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #34
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Yeah, a tax credit. Less money coming into the treasury.
I thought the idea was to raise taxes to bring in more money, since no one wants to cut any spending?
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
sooner or later ( after the data base builds) electronic record keeping almost has to cut administrative expenses for ins co's ...
Or maybe not....
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/bu...says.html?_r=0

Quote:
RAND’s 2005 report was paid for by a group of companies, including General Electric and Cerner Corporation, that have profited by developing and selling electronic records systems to hospitals and physician practices. Cerner’s revenue has nearly tripled since the report was released, to a projected $3 billion in 2013, from $1 billion in 2005.

The report predicted that widespread use of electronic records could save the United States health care system at least $81 billion a year, a figure RAND now says was overstated. The study was widely praised within the technology industry and helped persuade Congress and the Obama administration to authorize billions of dollars in federal stimulus money in 2009 to help hospitals and doctors pay for the installation of electronic records systems.

“RAND got a lot of attention and a lot of buzz with the original analysis,” said Dr. Kellermann, who was not involved in the 2005 study. “The industry quickly embraced it.”

But evidence of significant savings is scant, and there is increasing concern that electronic records have actually added to costs by making it easier to bill more for some services.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Well obviously he made promises he was unable to keep. He's made a number of them. He campaigned on universal health care. Obamacare, the GOP watered down version is definitely NOT universal care. Is that his bad?

An unfulfilled promise -- for any number of reason -- isn't necessarily a lie.

I'm sure if Obama could have implemented his original plan for a single-payor universal health program -- or at least the first draft of what we now know as Obamacare -- without having to fight with the obstructionists, drug companies and insurance companies, he would have.

Then he wouldn't be a liar.

That's pretty simple, too.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #37
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Yeah, a tax credit. Less money coming into the treasury.
I thought the idea was to raise taxes to bring in more money, since no one wants to cut any spending?
big oil gets tax credits .. Id rather see a family of 4 get a 5000 credit because they will spend the savings back into a local economy rather than add it to their $12 billion dollar per quarter spreadsheet ..

but apparently some wouldnt
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #38
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Well obviously he made promises he was unable to keep. He's made a number of them. He campaigned on universal health care. Obamacare, the GOP watered down version is definitely NOT universal care. Is that his bad?

I'm sure if Obama could have implemented his original plan for a single-payor universal health program -- or at least the first draft of what we now know as Obamacare -- without having to fight with the obstructionists, drug companies and insurance companies, he would have.

GOP watered down version? Wasn't the House and Senate both controled by the Democrats when ObamaCare was passed?
The reason all of the obstructionist, drug companies, and insuranse companies got their way is because they spread just as much cash to the Democrats as they do the Republicans. And cash means power.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
GOP watered down version? Wasn't the House and Senate both controled by the Democrats when ObamaCare was passed?
The reason all of the obstructionist, drug companies, and insuranse companies got their way is because they spread just as much cash to the Democrats as they do the Republicans. And cash means power.

Assup doesn't know what he is talking about. CC already proved that.

Not 1 single republican voted for his healthcare bill. It was watered down to get enough Democrats to vote for it so it would pass.
NiceGuy53 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #40
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

Got to call your BS, Mr Doo Doo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKt0Z7x0FM
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #41
SpeedRacerXXX
Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
This really isn't hard guys;

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/in...#ixzz1zUgBTIKQ

If you don't like that one, how about this one then;

https://my.barackobama.com/page/comm...updates/gG5B8v

Still no good, huh? Well how about this campaign memo;

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/...lcostsmemo.pdf

FactCheck.org has even called it bullshit and was based on shaky studies and wishful thinking

http://factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-...ealth-savings/

So am I also "lying sack of shit" as well Yssup? Obama said it, Obama owns it....multiple times. Calling him out for saying it does not make one a lying sack of shit.
Thank you Chica Chaser for this. Appreciate it. I would agree with anyone that Obama's statements don't ring true. Maybe it would have been true, or at least closer to the truth, if he said he would save $2500 for those families that pay for their own health insurance. My company pays for mine with me contributing a small portion. Until this year, my wife's health insurance was totally covered by her employer with her making small co-payments.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #42
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

You know boys, sometimes you just can't win for losing.

I suppose that's why this is the home of such honest and respectful political discourse.

DIPSHITS!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #43
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
You know boys, sometimes you just can't win for losing.

I suppose that's why this is the home of such honest and respectful political discourse.

DIPSHITS!
You asked, I had to deliver.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #44
CJ7
Valued Poster

from the fact check article

The RAND study on which the Obama campaign partially bases its savings estimates assumes we won’t see widespread adoption – or the full $77 billion in estimated savings – until 2019.

well fuck that bullshit !!!

LMFAO
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #45
CJ7
Valued Poster

speaking of bullshit and lies ..

During the 2010 mid-terms the GOP campaigned fiercely on the platform of job creation and, as a result of such promises, the GOP gained the majority in the House of Representatives. As new Speaker of the House, John Boehner made the welcome claim that the primary goal of the Republican Party was to increase employment in the U.S.

His exact words were: "We're going to have a relentless focus on creating jobs."

ok Orange face ... wer're READY, go ahead and create some fucking jobs !!!
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women