Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #31
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Is that how you handle it down at the stalls in the truck stop?
The only coherent thought in your head is about sucking dick. Thanks for taking gay rey's place.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #32
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Ok, I read it. Who is the author? I can't find a name. Is he/she an economist?

This link between MW and low-skilled worker unemployment is one of the most thoroughly researched questions in economics.... please tell me who the author of your link is and what are his/her economic credentials.
SassySue - You still haven't answered my very simple question... who is the author of the link you provided in your opening post? And what are his/her economic credentials?

I can't find that information anywhere. It's ok for you to say "I don't know" or the article was submitted anonymously or without attribution. But please answer the question.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #33
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySue View Post
A look at historical minimum wage increases and unemployment shows no relationship between the two. There are instances of unemployment both rising and falling after or during such increases. We see instances of the minimum wage being raised during a time when unemployment was either rising or falling, and see no change after the increase. Of course, one could cherry pick a point in history in order to argue a preconceived point of view, but on aggregate, it would appear that these increases have zero bearing on the unemployment rate.

Full article:

http://www.factandmyth.com/minimum-w...oyment-economy

And there we have it.
Read "Basic Economics", by Thomas Sowell.

Then ask the question, if you are still wondering.

I believe it was Milton Friedman who said something along the lines of "Minimum wages cause unemployment. That's not an observation, that's a
definition."
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I believe it was Milton Friedman who said something along the lines of "Minimum wages cause unemployment. That's not an observation, that's a
definition."
I recall in the beginning of the Clinton recession in 2000 there was a manufacturing plant (family owned) in West Texas that was in tough times like a lot of small businesses. The owners called all the employees into a meeting and asked them if they would all agree to a reduction in wages, keep their jobs, and work through the financial problems until times got better. They all agreed. They kept their jobs, worked through the recession, and came out better with increased wages after production/sales had increased. They thought, rightfully so, that having a job with reduced wages was better than no job at all with an opportunity to increase income down the line.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #35
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Ok, I read it. Who is the author? I can't find a name. Is he/she an economist?

This link between MW and low-skilled worker unemployment is one of the most thoroughly researched questions in economics.... please tell me who the author of your link is and what are his/her economic credentials.
Quote:
SassySue - You still haven't answered my very simple question... who is the author of the link you provided in your opening post? And what are his/her economic credentials?

I can't find that information anywhere. It's ok for you to say "I don't know" or the article was submitted anonymously or without attribution. But please answer the question.

Third request - who is the author, SassySue?

As the OP, you are supposed to know a little bit about the topic you choose to start a thread. You are also expected to be able to answer simple questions from other posters. If you post a link and urge others to read it, you should at least be able to identify the author and tell us what makes him/her credible on the topic.

Can you not even do that, SassySue?
Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 PM   #36
SassySue
BANNED

User ID: 349346

Quote:
Third request - who is the author, SassySue?

As the OP, you are supposed to know a little bit about the topic you choose to start a thread. You are also expected to be able to answer simple questions from other posters. If you post a link and urge others to read it, you should at least be able to identify the author and tell us what makes him/her credible on the topic.

Can you not even do that, SassySue?
Here's the link again. It's all based on government data and statistics, a lot from the Department of Labor. The information is from a website called http://www.factandmyth.com. Check it out! Lots of interesting facts there. I like doing research in my spare time and sharing it with others.

You will note at the end of the article, there are several other pieces of information on the same subject.
SassySue is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #37
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Here's the link again. It's all based on government data and statistics, a lot from the Department of Labor. The information is from a website called http://www.factandmyth.com. Check it out! Lots of interesting facts there. I like doing research in my spare time and sharing it with others.

You will note at the end of the article, there are several other pieces of information on the same subject.
I told you I already read the link. The author, whom you still have not identified, took a Bureau of Labor Statistics graph for the national unemployment rate and a Dept. of Labor graph for US gross domestic product, slapped bars on the graphs to indicate years when the federal minimum wage was increased, and then simply declared that he saw no correlations!

That's not a credible “study”. That's a joke! It makes a mockery of serious economic research, which uses econometrics and regression analysis to identify and measure economic data correlations. The person who wrote the article but won't sign it isn't an economist. He's a hack and a polemicist. If he had any training in economics, he would have signed his name and listed his professional credentials.

You DO realize anyone can start a frivolous website nowadays, right? Your “factandmyth” site doesn't prove any "facts" - it merely perpetuates myths and proclaims false talking points to be "facts". It's bad enough that you waste your spare time reading websites like that. You don't need to waste ours too.
Old 07-17-2016, 11:55 PM   #38
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

[QUOTE=lustylad;1058405331
You DO realize anyone can start a frivolous website nowadays, right? Your “factandmyth” site doesn't prove any "facts" - it merely perpetuates myths and proclaims false talking points to be "facts". It's bad enough that you waste your spare time reading websites like that. You don't need to waste ours too.[/QUOTE]

ergo, SS is a wank-wank babe and she can't help herself when she posts shit like this.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:49 AM   #39
SassySue
BANNED

Quote:
I told you I already read the link. The author, whom you still have not identified, took a Bureau of Labor Statistics graph for the national unemployment rate and a Dept. of Labor graph for US gross domestic product, slapped bars on the graphs to indicate years when the federal minimum wage was increased, and then simply declared that he saw no correlations!

That's not a credible “study”. That's a joke! It makes a mockery of serious economic research, which uses econometrics and regression analysis to identify and measure economic data correlations. The person who wrote the article but won't sign it isn't an economist. He's a hack and a polemicist. If he had any training in economics, he would have signed his name and listed his professional credentials.

You DO realize anyone can start a frivolous website nowadays, right? Your “factandmyth” site doesn't prove any "facts" - it merely perpetuates myths and proclaims false talking points to be "facts". It's bad enough that you waste your spare time reading websites like that. You don't need to waste ours too.
There are several other articles underneath the link proving the same thing. You're just making excuses to justify your own truth. How have low wages helped the economy? What about all the small businesses that have shut down due to lack of business?

All the Arguments Against Raising Minimum Wage Have Fallen Apart:

http://billmoyers.com/2014/03/07/all...-fallen-apart/

Conservatives should be on the front line of the battle to raise the minimum wage. Work is supposed to make one independent, but with the inflation-adjusted federal minimum down by a third from its peak, low-wage workers depend on billions of dollars in public assistance just to make ends meet. Just this week, Rachel West and Michael Reich released a study conducted for the Center for American Progress that found raising the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour would save taxpayers $4.6 billion in spending on food stamps.

If that's not enough proof and research for you, read this article. It's a question and answer article that indicates clearly how raising minimum wage effects small business and the economy:

http://www.raisetheminimumwage.com/pages/qanda
Old 07-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #40
SassySue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

definition."
He was (is) probably a die hard capitalist, only concerned with his bottom line. You can count on it. I'm a firm believer that capitalism, at least the form of capitalism that we have today, does not work for the majority of society. We need to change it. Some capitalism is good, but the kind we have now only works for a few. Switzerland has a decentralized type of government that seems to work well. I saw a Youtube video about their government. Here's a definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Switzerland
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 PM   #41
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

http://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmou.../#7a3f3f1d7f77

$15 min wage = no jobs for cashiers = automated by robots. happy now?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #42
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
He was (is) probably a die hard capitalist, only concerned with his bottom line. You can count on it. I'm a firm believer that capitalism, at least the form of capitalism that we have today, does not work for the majority of society.
If you really believed that, you'd read Sowell's book so you could tell us all where Sowell is wrong, in detail, and back it up with examples.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #43
gnadfly
Account Disabled

You're on ignore cunt until I see it.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #44
SassySue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
You're on ignore cunt until I see it.
Good, I especially want YOU to ignore me. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 AM   #45
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
You're just making excuses to justify your own truth...
Ok, Sassy Poo-poo... here is a little insight for you. As I mentioned when you started this thread, this is one of the most well-researched topics in economics. Among economists who have studied the matter, there is a lopsided consensus.

The answer to your original thread question "Does raising the minimum wage increase unemployment?" is a resounding YES.

University of California, Irvine economist David Neumark has examined more than 100 major academic studies on the minimum wage. He reports that 85 percent of the studies "find a negative employment effect on low-skilled workers." .... The only significant debate about the minimum wage is the magnitude of its effect. Some studies argue that a 10 percent increase in the minimum wage will cause a 1 percent increase in unemployment, whereas others predict a higher increase.

https://www.creators.com/read/walter...d-minimum-wage

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women