Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35679
Mojojo33117

Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #31
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin View Post
I researched the coin incorrectly. It is a half-ounce coin and I was pretty sure it was a quarter-ounce. At least I didn't burn my bridge with my dealer...
Thanks. Believe it or not, I've been fretting that you got stiffed.

With all the talk about deflation currently, my guess is gold prices may drop ... for a while. The consensus is we won't have a double dip recession...and we all know how reliable consensus opinions have been. I'm trying to imagine good ways to discount the economic effects of the invitable gloom from Dip 2 (or the next slowdown, if you prefer). Incumbent elected officials will be even more desperate and crazy than usual. The indebtedness incurred by Obamanomics is unsustainable: it will either have to be repudiated or inflated away. The historic response to such a dilemma has been war. I'm not talking about small war either; it's total warfare and inflation that look all but inevitable to me, especially if the Obama regime is allowed to persist.

And, once again, ignorance will have been proved to be the most expensive commodity in the world.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 AM   #32
Victoria of Houston
Account Disabled

User ID: 71
My ECCIE Reviews

You can buy bullion and coins from sellers on ebay as well.
Victoria of Houston is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
JoeDelt
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwksl View Post
I didn't mean to say the selling American Eagles for profit was exempt from federal taxation, I just trying to say the buying and selling of American Eagles are exempt from reporting requirements (I was referring to the requirement to report certain cash transactions). If no transaction is reported, then you are simply on your honor to report the gain on these coins to the IRS. See the following for a full discussion of this and related issues:

http://the-moneychanger.com/numismat...coin_con.phtml
I miss-read you post. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

Peter Schiff was asked on Fox news "what really is the value of gold." his response was what do you think Fiat money is? (the dollar) Money only has value as long as it's accepted for commerce.

What we buy when we buy gold is security.
We see the crazy deficit spending, fact that the US government can not meet all it's obligations in Social Security, Medicare and creating money out of nothing by the Feds and we worry about the value of the dollar.
Gold has always held it's value.

You can't create gold by typing $1,000,000,000.00 into a computer screen.
That's how the Federal Reserve creates the dollar. Some dude in the basement of the Federal Reserve building types $1,000,000,000.00 into a computer screen and vila! He created 1 trillion dollars! (One million, million dollars.)
They call in "Quantitative Easing." Sounds fancy doesn't it? Like it involves a lot of work. (it's actually worse than that. Each bank that gets those new dollars multiplies it by 10.)

Some argue there is a floor to gold prices. $1150? The price that the Indians bought 200 tons of gold several months back.
If gold falls below that, the argument is, the Chinese will sell US treasuries to buy gold at that price.
It's a little more involved than that. There is a geopolitical war going on all around us all the time.

It's good to ask questions.

The gold and silver eagle coins are created by the US Mint under constitutional law and I think it's very patriotic to own it.
Dollar is created by Federal Reserve, a private company. And who knows who owns that. The Chinese? The Queen of England? Maybe even by people who created Al Qaeda.
JoeDelt is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #34
absolut
Account Disabled

Encounters: 13
Exclamation Gold production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowordsmith View Post
I'm buying stock in a company that buys gold. Look at symbol GLD.
Buy stock in the company that MINES gold and you will be ahead.
absolut is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women