Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 397
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163065
Yssup Rider60686
gman4453281
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48608
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42400
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36811
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #31
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I drove a friend’s 2018 Accord when I was in California house sitting for three weeks. A VERY impressive car for the price. Other than the rear wheel drive, it was in the ball park as the 3 series BMW. Not quite In the same league as my regular E-350, but not as far away as you would think give it price differences. I could easily see buying one to save money and still be satisfied driving it. I was quite surprised by the quality. I’ve driven Camrys are rent cars and was not nearly as impressed.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #32
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 105
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryClean View Post
I'm sure his Accord was reliable, lasted for many years, looked good, and was fun to drive as you stated.
I didn't want to give it back at the end of the weekend.

Told my friend he could keep the Lexus. LOL!

My sister rode in it and she was so impressed by it, she sold her 1998 Acura TL and bought a new Accord.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #33
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I drove a friend’s 2018 Accord when I was in California house sitting for three weeks. A VERY impressive car for the price. Other than the rear wheel drive, it was in the ball park as the 3 series BMW. Not quite In the same league as my regular E-350, but not as far away as you would think give it price differences. I could easily see buying one to save money and still be satisfied driving it. I was quite surprised by the quality. I’ve driven Camrys are rent cars and was not nearly as impressed.
Fair enough. I've heard from others too that the new Accords are fun to drive, especially because of the turbo giving it that great torque action. That being said, I would still choose a naturally aspirated engine like the Camry's engine for long-term reliability over a fun turbo engine.

Have you driven the new generation of Camry, 2018 or 2019 model? The new Camry has a completely new TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) suspension that makes it much more fun to drive than older Camrys. That independent double wishbone rear suspension makes the Camry drive almost like a race car. Especially when you pair it with the 300 plus horsepower V6 engine. The new Camry is lower and wider than older Camrys.
VeryClean is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #34
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Camrys are good cars.

Mom had a 1993 model that we bought for her brand new.

It lasted her 23 years:

she and Dad even drove it from Houston to California and to Arizona and from California to Vegas in it many times.

Everything was still working including the A/C when she told Dad:

I want a brand new LEXUS!

Now she is driving a GS350 AWD.

So the moral of the story is:

Mom's 1993 Toyota Camry lasted 22 years and still running when she sold it.

My 1992 Lexus (also made by Toyota) LS400 lasted 24 years and was still running when I donated it.

Verdict: Toyota makes damn good cars!

I like to see an American car made in the 90's, purchased brand new then or a brand new American car, purchased now, lasting 22-24 years with most of its original parts still on it and working.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #35
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Does it have to be 90's? One of my kids still has my 1983 Pontiac... runs like a champ. Original motor, only things that have been replaced over the years are minor.. water pump, clutch, thermostat, etc.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #36
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Fair enough. I've heard from others too that the new Accords are fun to drive, especially because of the turbo giving it that great torque action. That being said, I would still choose a naturally aspirated engine like the Camry's engine for long-term reliability over a fun turbo engine.

Have you driven the new generation of Camry, 2018 or 2019 model? The new Camry has a completely new TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) suspension that makes it much more fun to drive than older Camrys. That independent double wishbone rear suspension makes the Camry drive almost like a race car. Especially when you pair it with the 300 plus horsepower V6 engine. The new Camry is lower and wider than older Camrys.
I’m sure I’ve driven the newer Camry. Seems like I get those as rental cars from Hertz about ever third time. Good cars, but not as many creature comforts as the Honda. I’m likewise sure I HAVEN’T driven the V-6 Camry. Doubt there are any/many in rentcar fleets. As I recall, Toyota doesn’t have Apple CarPley, either.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:04 PM   #37
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I’m sure I’ve driven the newer Camry. Seems like I get those as rental cars from Hertz about ever third time. Good cars, but not as many creature comforts as the Honda. I’m likewise sure I HAVEN’T driven the V-6 Camry. Doubt there are any/many in rentcar fleets. As I recall, Toyota doesn’t have Apple CarPley, either.
Yes, the 2018 Toyota Camry doesn't have Apple CarPlay. The 2019 Toyota Camry does have Apple Carplay. The 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback, 2020 Toyota Corolla sedan, 2019 Toyota RAV4 etc. all have Apple Carplay.

No Android Auto on Toyota cars.
VeryClean is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #38
CG2014
Premium Access

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Does it have to be 90's? One of my kids still has my 1983 Pontiac... runs like a champ.
You kid is very lucky.

Every car I purchased brand new in the early to mid 80's and I took care of them, regular oil changes, regular maintenance, hand wash and wax them, no accidents, didn't drive them crazy or go off roading or drag racing, etc.,

they all ended up falling apart and dying a long slow death by the time I sold them for a few hundred dollars each in the early to mid 90's:

1985 Chevrolet Celebrity Eurosport 2.8 fuel injected, 1983 Plymouth Reliant K-Car SE, 1987 Ford Taurus LX, 1989 Ford Probe GT, 1984 Ford EXP.

Heck, my Mom's Chevrolet Caprice Classic 5.7L which Dad purchased brand new in 1978 - that I ended up getting from her in 1985 lasted longer.

I was still driving it regularly in 1993 and everything still worked before I gifted it to a friend who was looking for a 2nd car for he and his wife.

They just had their first child and they needed a 2nd car and they couldn't afford to buy a used car at the time.

American cars in the 80's and 90's were junk.

A friend of mine has a Mazda 626 he purchased brand new in 1980 and he still has it.

His son is driving it.

It's the only car I have ever seen in my life where the directional plastic on the AC vents move left and right and up and down simultaneously when the AC or the fan is turned on.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #39
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Ahh.. the 80's 626... AKA The Capella in every other major market. The 6 of today isn't quite the same.

Yeah-- that little Pontiac just won't quit. I also think having a manual transmission and knowing how to drive it helps with vehicle longevity. I never owned an automatic car until about 2008.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #40
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Have a couple of Toyotas that the parental units purchased still kicking around.
One thing I miss about the older cars that you are hard pressed to find on new vehicles: glass head lights.
I can't stand the plastic ones. Don't get me started.
I have one car from the late 80s. Advanced for the day. Can drive out of the state of Texas on a tank of gas. But the black boxes of a 30+ year old vehicle are hard to find.
And I think the Mercedes stopped being good in the early 80s.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:36 PM   #41
CG2014
Premium Access

Mercedes have been junk since the 80's when they stopped making them only in Germany.

My friend bought a brand new 1989 Mercedes 300E and it lasted him a month, Mercedes had to end up buying it back due to hairline fracture defect in the engine block.

43% of Mercedes sold worldwide and in the USA nowadays are built and assembled in China.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #42
Jules Jaguar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 15434
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just got rid of my 2017 Malibu premier. It was excellent on gas and still super fun to drive. I upgraded to something luxury now but I was in a rental 2018 Camry for a few days in between. It drove really nice but was shitty on gas and the technology and interior was lacking compared to my mailbu. I heard the 2019s finally have apple car play.
Jules Jaguar is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #43
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Quote:
Yes, the 2018 Toyota Camry doesn't have Apple CarPlay. The 2019 Toyota Camry does have Apple Carplay. The 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback, 2020 Toyota Corolla sedan, 2019 Toyota RAV4 etc. all have Apple Carplay.

No Android Auto on Toyota cars.
You know that Apple play or Android auto can be installed in any vehicle? You don't decide a car purchase depending on the radio it brings?
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #44
BLM69
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Have a couple of Toyotas that the parental units purchased still kicking around.
One thing I miss about the older cars that you are hard pressed to find on new vehicles: glass head lights.
I can't stand the plastic ones. Don't get me started.
I have one car from the late 80s. Advanced for the day. Can drive out of the state of Texas on a tank of gas. But the black boxes of a 30+ year old vehicle are hard to find.
And I think the Mercedes stopped being good in the early 80s.
I hate the plastic headlights too, they scratch and get strained with time, the older cars were built with quality, today's cars are plastic and many of the parts are manufactured in China
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #45
Brass Balls
Valued Poster

I've owned 49 cars in my life so far and used to build street rods and cobras so I know a few things about them. The most important thing to always remember is if it has tits or tires you're going to have trouble with it!

Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are all very good cars but now days you pay a premium for them. If you're going to pay a premium step up to German cars and get handling to go with the shiny paint job. The Koreans have really upped their game in the past 10 years or so, remember it was Hyundai that first offered a 10 year 100K warranty. Right now the best bang for the buck is probably Kia. Same warranty as Hyundai but less money. I bought my daughter a Soul a few months ago and in December a lady ran a red light in a Nissan Pathfinder and plowed into her at 40+ MPH. The Soul looked like this.

Bottom line is my daughter walked away with a few bruises and the lady in the Pathfinder went to the hospital. Kia's are very well built and safe cars.

Here's a tip. We bought the Soul from Hertz, 2018 model with 30K and paid an even $13K for it.
Brass Balls is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women